The Argies are upset about Typhoons : )

Soldato
Dear Mrs Fernadez de Kirchner,

I understand from our Ambassador to Buenos Aires that the recent deployment of four of our Typhoon class fighter bombers to the airforce base RAF Lucas has caused some consternation in the ranks of your government and we have received your protest just recently.

Whilst I understand your concerns I feel it necessary to remind you that the Falkland islands (NOT Las Malvinas as your people incorrectly refer to them as) remain British territory and we have a duty to protect the residents as we would any homeland citizens.

To summarise our position, the Typhoons stay and if you don't like it TOUGH! If you have a problem we can always sink another one of your battleships for you.

Yours sincerely

Betty Windsor

:D

Soldato
Just prior to the Argentine invasion, the Falkland Islanders were being told they couldn't have British passports.
Afterwards, of course, they were told they were British after all, and got automatic British passports.

Suspended
Dear Mrs Fernadez de Kirchner,

I understand from our Ambassador to Buenos Aires that the recent deployment of four of our Typhoon class fighter bombers to the airforce base RAF Lucas has caused some consternation in the ranks of your government and we have received your protest just recently.

Whilst I understand your concerns I feel it necessary to remind you that the Falkland islands (NOT Las Malvinas as your people incorrectly refer to them as) remain British territory and we have a duty to protect the residents as we would any homeland citizens.

To summarise our position, the Typhoons stay and if you don't like it TOUGH! If you have a problem we can always sink another one of your battleships for you.

Yours sincerely

Betty Windsor

:D

This is precisely how diplomacy should work in my view :D

Caporegime
I thought the Falklands were Argentine and, aside from the odd invasion, nothing to do with Britain.

;)

I think the Argentines have less claim for the Falklands than the Spanish have for Gibraltar, at least the Spanish actually controlled Gibraltar for a few years. I think we took the Falklands from the Spanish before Argentina even existed.:p

Back
Top Bottom