The Arsenal Club Thread **No Spoilers**Updated Rules - Please read before posting**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Updated rules and sanctions:

1. These threads are for: tactical/player discussion in between weekend matchday threads, injury news, contract renewals, manager press conferences, and general minor news about your club that may not warrant its own thread. Anything that's not regarded as a minor news story must go in it's own thread.

2. No Spoilers! Please keep any discussion about weekend and midweek fixtures to the relevant matchday threads, at least until MOTD has been shown.

3. All transfer talk should be discussed in the dedicated transfers threads. Small rumours, signing of youth players etc outside the transfer window when the transfer threads aren't open are fine.

4. As per forum rules, keep it civil, supporters of any team are welcome to post in all club threads. If you have a problem with a post, RTM it. Trolling or accusations of trolling will not be tolerated.

While all the rules must be listened to, take particular care of the rule regarding spoilers. Any mention of the result or performance, even hinting at it, prior to MOTD will result in a suspension.

As the above rules have been continuously ignored by certain members and it being unfair on those that follow the rules to lock this thread permanently, we're introducing a new thread strike system for every time a rule is broken in this thread:

Strike 1 - 7 day thread ban
Strike 2 - 30 day thread ban and 1 week forum suspension
Strike 3 - Permanent thread ban and 2 week forum suspension

I'll start.

Last season quite a lot of fans were calling for Ramsay to be sold this summer. I was borderline on it. After the Euro's he's just had, I'm now really unsure. He just never looks that good for us.

This thread is not for transfer talk

* I can hear DM sharpening his keyboard from here at the sight of this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Underboss
I don't want Rambo to go. He needs to drop the fancy flicks and tricks which generally fail but when he has a normal game he looks solid.

And now I've triggered DM I'll stand back and eat popcorn :)

*Another note, just seen on a FB Arsenal fan page that the club have started to ban people from games who post racially motivated rate messages on social media - good.

Don
These threads are not for discussing transfers. That includes transfer that are actually happening, rumours or just players you want sold or how much they might be worth.

If you want to discuss anything transfer related then do so in the transfer thread. If people continue to discuss transfers then these threads won't last very long.

Caporegime
Not sure on Rambo myself, he had had a great Euro's similar to a couple of yrs ago when he was smashing goals in left, right and centre but since then he hasn't really kicked on.

Perhaps another yr and see if he gets better.

And yes he seems to think he's the Welsh version of Messi with his fancy flicks. For gods sake man keep it bloody simple please lol.

As for this season coming, not sure how we will do...actually wait I do know, it will be the usual top of the league till xmas then a struggle to get top 4. Mind you with Moaninho, Conte and Pep now in the EPL, I think things will be a lot more difficult for Wenger and Arsenal.

Caporegime
OP
Not sure on Rambo myself, he had had a great Euro's similar to a couple of yrs ago when he was smashing goals in left, right and centre but since then he hasn't really kicked on.

Perhaps another yr and see if he gets better.

And yes he seems to think he's the Welsh version of Messi with his fancy flicks. For gods sake man keep it bloody simple please lol.

As for this season coming, not sure how we will do...actually wait I do know, it will be the usual top of the league till xmas then a struggle to get top 4. Mind you with Moaninho, Conte and Pep now in the EPL, I think things will be a lot more difficult for Wenger and Arsenal.

This will be the hardest season for a top 4 finish ever. The chances of winning the league now are virtually zero. That's what makes last year so hard to swallow. Teams right up there imo are

Man C
Man U
Chelsea
Arsenal
Liverpool
Spurs

That's a tough gig for us I have to say, especially with the supermarket sweep that is going on in Manchester.

Soldato
I can see this being a really rough year, Chelsea have a great new boss and a strong squad. United have picked up two of the biggest ***** in world football, who I imagine will combine Voltron style into an all encompassing supermega****, Liverpool are looking to progress with a great manager at the helm and Sturridge fit for the first time in a decade, Spurs are not really any stronger than last year but I expect their young squad to go from strength to strength. City have a new manager, have already spent some money and could see them doing big things... If we finish Top 4 this year I'll consider it an achievement.

Man of Honour
This will be the hardest season for a top 4 finish ever. The chances of winning the league now are virtually zero. That's what makes last year so hard to swallow. Teams right up there imo are

Man C
Man U
Chelsea
Arsenal
Liverpool
Spurs

That's a tough gig for us I have to say, especially with the supermarket sweep that is going on in Manchester.

Even after winning the league by such a convincing margin, people still don't count them as a good team. Why is this?? Leicester have every right to be in this list.

Caporegime
OP
Perhaps but even if they don't win the league, they're still a very good shout for a top 6. I think Arsenal shouldn't count them out as you are.

They will be seriously found out this season. A lot of teams will treat them with more respect. They'll sit deeper and play more cautiously than last season. The counter attacking possibilities will be far more limited for the likes of Vardy and Mahrez. I can see them being involved in a lot of low score draws this year.

Soldato
Got tickets for my eldest boy and me for the Liverpool game. Am a silver member and him a junior gunner so got in the family enclosure as usual, I was refreshing non stop since 09:30 but still only managed to get into row 6. How do so many people get logged in and buy tickets before me????

Hopefully we'll have a couple of new players in time for it!

Caporegime
So ermmm Wilshere is injured again, no surprise there lol. Even walking around, he seems to get injured.

Meant to be a patella injury, not sure how serious it is. But he's with the squad on the pre season tour.

Caporegime
Pffft even finishing 6th won't mean Wenger will be sacked, we could end up being relegated but he still wouldn't be sacked.

As of now this is Wenger's last season, he hasn't signed a contract extension and not sure if he will. Maybe this will be his last season, maybe he's decided he's had enough and hopefully will step aside for someone else with new ideas.

No chance this season we will be in the running for the title unless Wenger goes out and buys an amazing striker but at this moment, I can't think of any that are for sale and if they were...they would be stupidly expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom