The Arsenal Club Thread **No Spoilers**Updated Rules - Please read before posting**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
Couldn't find a future transfers thread so thought I'd put this here. Most people like to talk about players they want to bring in but I'd like to focus on where I'd like to cut some deadwood:

GK: Ospina, I don't mind him as a shot stopper and he has good distribution, but he just seems a bit too short for a keeper and he doesn't convince me. He got found out against Olympiacos last year. I think Sir Chesney has bigger potential as backup keeper although his ego doesn't help at times.
FB: Debuchy, don't really see the point in having him on the books as Bellerin is first choice and we have younger backup in Chambers plus emergency backup in Jenkinson/Gabriel (who have both been poor there this season).
CB: Mertersacker, not getting any younger and I'd prefer to see Holding installed as 4th choice CB.
CM: ??? this is where I'm struggling a bit, I think we have one too many but difficult to single anyone out. Xhaka's discipline is a worry but I feel like we should give him another season. Elneny seems to run around a lot without achieving much but again possibly needs more chances to shine. Ramsey isn't completely immune in my eyes because he is quite an inconsistent player BUT he does have that explosive potential that maybe you need at times. I think this is an area where we have maybe too much quantity but not enough quality, I'd happily trade in two or three of them for a Patrick Vieira.
FW: Campbell, after six years he doesn't seem to be a position to get in ahead of enough of our other forwards so may as well get rid

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Should never have let Gnabry go - he had serious untapped potential imo much better than the overplayed and overhyped Iwobi.
Agreed. I actually do not see what is so special about Iwobi and why he gets so much game time. Not seen him do anything out of the ordinary yet :(

Caporegime
I don't mind if Arsenal fall out of the European places, they been in them enough over the years. Drop out of Europe and have a good go at the league title not having to worry about mid week fixtures for a change.
That's why I'm hoping this season we don't get top 4. With the way we have been playing lately, I don't even know when we will win our next game. We have City on the weekend and I just can't see us even getting a draw let alone a win out of that.

We have a few injuries as well so that doesn't help matters.

Hell I don't even want us in the eulolpa league.

Don
I could understand that attitude if Arsenal had any history of winning European competitions but you don't. Look at Utd this season, not only would the EL represent as good a chance as ever for Arsenal to win a competition of note (imo more prestigious than the FA Cup and probably easier to win too) but it is another route back into the CL for the following season too.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I just see it as if no Champions League football, might as well concentrate on the Premier League which is a lot more important than the second rate Euro competition.

Soldato
Today is 16 years since David Rocastle died. :(

5xphdj.jpg

Soldato
I was a junior gunner as a kid and one Christmas got an invite to the party at Highbury, I met David and most of the 89 league winners. Had pictures done with them all too, but of course I can't find any of them now.

Yeah I can see it turning nasty if we go a goal down tomorrow.

Soldato
That's unfortunate, at least you still have the memory.
I think we can beat City tomorrow, need to really dig in though, i feel it will be scrappy but i wouldn't care as long as the club gets a decent result. I'm not opposed to Arsenal missing out on Europe completely, how would you feel about that?

Soldato
I'm not that concerned about no champions league, look how well Chelsea have done this season with no distractions.

What I would like to see is about half the team sold, and replaced with players that look like they care.

Caporegime
I'm not that concerned about no champions league, look how well Chelsea have done this season with no distractions.

What I would like to see is about half the team sold, and replaced with players that look like they care.

Champions league is more crucial to the finances of the club, it's a big amount. Chelsea don't care, for obvious reasons.

Soldato
Champions league is more crucial to the finances of the club, it's a big amount. Chelsea don't care, for obvious reasons.

I completely understand that, but also feel maybe the owner needs a kick up the ****. All they do is take money out of the club, have never put in anything and tell us about the £100 mill war chest they have.. Look where we were as a club when they bought it to how it is now. They have not done well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom