The Arsenal Club Thread **No Spoilers**Updated Rules - Please read before posting**

Status
Not open for further replies.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
£100 million does not even sound like much of a war chest anymore. Maybe 2-3 years ago. These days it buys you two good players that improve your team.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I know, but they keep dangling it in front of us like it's an impressive amount.
Yea. I am just happy we are spending every summer and slowly building up the team again. But ideally need splash this summer and crazy spending 150-200m. This will help keep Ozil and Sanchez by showing them we mean business for next season. But if no champions league football I think we will only spend what we get back from player sales (Sanchez and Ozil will not want to stay), maybe 50m on top at most.

Soldato
I would hate to lose Sanchez, we need to give him whatever he wants, make him captain if that helps. Going out the champions league and losing him will send the protesters apoplectic!!

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I would hate to lose Sanchez, we need to give him whatever he wants, make him captain if that helps. Going out the champions league and losing him will send the protesters apoplectic!!
Staying champions league is a start. But a lot of blood raged Arsenal fans want Wenger out so much they actually want us to not qualify :p

Caporegime
Most of the protests seem to be from younger fans, probably those that started supporting the club during the invincibles era etc, now things aren't going their way they start their toys out the pram in a big way. It won't be different under another manager, you can't expect anything when there's 5-6 teams all capable of winning the league.

Soldato
I hope we don't make champions league and I hope we finish outside the Europa league too, we can then focus on the league and fa cup, no excuses from Arsenal then why we can't challenge for the title.

Soldato
The thing is it's not just the fans any more who want change. some of the old guard (Henry, Wright, Merson etc...) are also critical of how the club is being run.

Supposedly players have maybe approaches to work with Wenger. found out today that Henry offered to work with Arsenal for free along side his Sky commitments but Wenger said no...

Coincidentally this has just popped up.

:confused:

Wrighty says Kroenke has to go.

Article

The juicy stuff start from 6 mins onward.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Shame we have not been one of them 5-6 teams for 13 years! :p
Well to be fair last season was by far our best chance to win the title but we let a club from the midlands to win it easily:p.

But yeh since the invincibles we have never been close to winning the league.

And I'm one of those fans that no longer want to qualify for the cl. There really is no point in qualifying as we don't do FA as it is. The only good thing about cl for us, is the money it brings in which let's be honest doesn't get spent on improving the team. Rather it's a gravy train for our board of imbeciles with Kroenke leading them.

Do I want Wenger gone?? Yes as much as I am loathed to say it, but it's time for him to step down and let another manager come in and see where we go. Even if it means we don't qualify for CL then so be it.

Obviously there's no guarantee that a new manager will come in and we will win titles straight away. But I'd just like to see us improve from where we are ie really make a challenge for the title rather than start off great but come end of the season, we drop off a cliff.

Caporegime
OP
Well he's got a year on his contract so he ain't going anywhere.
Are you so naive that you really think Arsenal will risk him going on a free?

Not a chance. They'll grab 50m if they can. Arsenal are not a football club any more, just a business more interested in money than success. Kroenke has the final say and he will not lose 50m. What's the point in keeping an unhappy player for a year only to lose him on a free? Doesn't make sense.

Associate
Unless he's the difference between eg. a title challenge/Champions League qualification and missing out on the top four altogether. Then it's far more finely balanced.
i have a few arsenal supporting friends and they all have answered that question exactly the same way and that is even with him they will struggle for any of the above mentioned so its not really an argument and risk losing the sort of cash they could get just now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom