The Arsenal Club Thread **No Spoilers**Updated Rules - Please read before posting**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
I would really like us to bring in a top class centre back considering we are going to be playing with three now.

In typical Wenger fashion it seems he is going to try and convert Elneny to CB. :rolleyes: Against classy forwards the poor guy is going to get ripped apart.

Yeah it is a bit weird, sometimes in the past I've seen teams have the resources to go with 3 CBs, like if you had Adams, Campbell and Keown, but a bit weird to do it at Arsenal now who basically have Koscielny plus others who haven't fully proven themselves yet. We have suitable wing-backs but at CB it seems to be a case of quantity (Kos/Mustafi/Mertesacker/Holding/Chambers/Monreal) over quality and you can't help but feel that it is taking a place away from further up the pitch. I suppose with no top quality DM Wenger came to the conclusion he needs that extra cover at the back.

Permabanned
I'd much rather we bought a top DM, be nice to have both, but we need to have more bite (and by that I mean a ball winning, player) in the middle.

Soldato
42_E07_FB600000578_4750916_image_a_1_1501610030647.jpg

Caporegime
OP
That tickets to the first three games sorted.

Community shield this Sunday, home to Leicester and then I've managed to get in the away allocation for Stoke. Is Stoke worth spending time in or is it an in and out as fast as you can type of place?

Can't make Liverpool the week after although I highly doubt I would have got close to a ticket for that.

Soldato
I wish that they could have sorted out a Barcelona style ownership, where it's owned by the fans and a chairman is voted in every couple of years. But once the billionaires took over football, the price of shares went up so much that became impossible. :(

Caporegime
And kroenke is a nice guy?? Hardly when he doesn't seem to care much for the club winning things. Well winning the fa cup a few times is ok I guess but winning the title is another thing entirely.

I've always said I'd rather have an owner who actually wants to win things and if Usmanov is that guy then I'd love to see him take over.

Abramovich isn't a very nice guy as well but hell his club is winning titles.

Soldato
Where did I say that? Being pro hunting and not wanting to win isn't quite on the same level as rape, murder, drug trafficking and extortion.

I'd still rather Usmanov ran the club but purely for what he'd put into Arsenal. He quite clearly loses the nice bloke competition!

Permabanned
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom