The Arsenal Club Thread **No Spoilers**Updated Rules - Please read before posting**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
Haha you're tightly wound arent you. Didn't you enjoy the game today?
Lol really, your comment have zip to do with the match, one thing is for sure you type of supporters are definitely not required at arsenal, you would fit in way way better at the chelski. Tightly wound, lmao.

Soldato
Lol really, your comment have zip to do with the match, one thing is for sure you type of supporters are definitely not required at arsenal, you would fit in way way better at the chelski. Tightly wound, lmao.

It wasn't me that wrote no no no without offering anything else of any substance. And then rolled his/her eyes at what was clearly a jokey way of requesting a more thought out response. And now you use text speak, and slang terms to question my right to support a team my family has followed since its inception. Lmao indeed sir/madame.

Permabanned
It wasn't me that wrote no no no without offering anything else of any substance. And then rolled his/her eyes at what was clearly a jokey way of requesting a more thought out response. And now you use text speak, and slang terms to question my right to support a team my family has followed since its inception. Lmao indeed sir/madame.
Not worth it, that's why, you only got that response, and the reason no matter what you say, will always be the response you get from me, but then again, doubt I will bother replying to you in the future.

And yes you would be far better fit for Chelski.

Soldato
Not worth it, that's why, you only got that response, and the reason no matter what you say, will always be the response you get from me, but then again, doubt I will bother replying to you in the future.

And yes you would be far better fit for Chelski.

Your input into this thread has been a complete waste of time. I apologise on your behalf to the other contributors that have had to read such incoherent twaddle.

Soldato
I keep forgotten we have Sanchez and Ozil to come back! We are quite strong then! If Lacazette remembered to bring his shooting boots with him from France maybe we have a chance of challenging this season?

I like Xhaka, I think he is going to be good this season. Mustafi is good too, so all in all if injuries are kind we got a good first team.

On the subject of transfers, I know we are not in the same league as Real Madrid, but I wouldn't mind us taking their Galactico approach. One big money transfer a year. So you spend £50 million + on a big player each season. In 5 years you've bought half a top quality side. If you've already got good players then it can work well as one player a year doesn't disrupt the existing team and hopefully if you buy well you buy quality.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I keep forgotten we have Sanchez and Ozil to come back! We are quite strong then! If Lacazette remembered to bring his shooting boots with him from France maybe we have a chance of challenging this season?

I like Xhaka, I think he is going to be good this season. Mustafi is good too, so all in all if injuries are kind we got a good first team.

On the subject of transfers, I know we are not in the same league as Real Madrid, but I wouldn't mind us taking their Galactico approach. One big money transfer a year. So you spend £50 million + on a big player each season. In 5 years you've bought half a top quality side. If you've already got good players then it can work well as one player a year doesn't disrupt the existing team and hopefully if you buy well you buy quality.
To do the galactico in 2018 would mean 100m+ imo. Maybe 200 even like PSG.

Caporegime
Nice one Rob :).

Looking forward to watching tonight's game, want to see if we have improved with the new players we have.

Although Sanchez is out, Ozil may or may not play. Am hoping he does as I want to see how he links up with Lacazette.

Associate
I think Arsene Wenger is a great talent spotter and developmental coach but I think he is not the best tactician and is frustratingly stubborn about changes he's ways if they don't work.
Agree, although we have missed out on some of the worlds best players as he passes on them lol

Soldato
The market has changed a lot from those day though. Hard to compare anymore in my opinion.

That's true, the money involved now is ridiculously high. And there's more richer clubs competing for the best players. But we just never seem to get anywhere with our transfers, I feel a more proactive approach is needed. I don't understand how we bid for a player, get turned down, wait a few weeks and then bid slightly higher.. Rinse and repeat until the transfer window shuts. If Arsene identifies a player we need someone should be on the apposing managing director until the deals done.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
That's true, the money involved now is ridiculously high. And there's more richer clubs competing for the best players. But we just never seem to get anywhere with our transfers, I feel a more proactive approach is needed. I don't understand how we bid for a player, get turned down, wait a few weeks and then bid slightly higher.. Rinse and repeat until the transfer window shuts. If Arsene identifies a player we need someone should be on the apposing managing director until the deals done.
I was surprised about the rumours that we would be going for Mbappe which would have smashed our club record. But never got my hopes up. Would have been crazy if it happened :)

At least we have been stepping it up a bit the past few years. First it was Ozil, Sanchez, then Cech. We needed to continue signing someone big like this every year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom