The Arsenal Club Thread **No Spoilers**Updated Rules - Please read before posting**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
He wasn't the only one who was terrible was he?? I seem to recall Chambers was just as bad as well.

He had a better game against Leicester. Don't forget he's young and has a lot to learn which he will as he gets more playing time. For the money we spent on him he seems to be a decent prospect and someone for the future. I just hope Wenger keeps playing him so he gets more confident in the future.

Where did I say he was the only one that was terrible?

Soldato
He wasn't good against Liverpool but you stick Chambers next to anyone and he'll make both look bad. Can't believe we spent 16 mil on him, he is awful.

EDIT

What the **** is Campbell doing out on loan?

Last edited:
Soldato
Wenger knows this and so thinks "I could spend 40mil on Lacazette and 25mil on Mustafi but will they actually win us the league?" The answer is probably no right? Does anyone think they would? I don't.

So Wenger is maybe trying to get the best deal, no matter how much it frustrates the fans, because he thinks saving 5-10mil is worth it as we are probably not going to win the league anyway.

So, you are saying that Wenger has simply given up?
By that token, maybe AFC shouldn't even bother sending their first team to away games because they'll probably lose. Why go through the hassle of travelling so far?
And maybe AFC fans who spend big money on buying season tickets should also give up. After all, AFC aren't going to win any major trophy?

What I'm saying is that all sport starts off with a dream. Norwich got promoted to the EPL and went to Old Trafford and beat MUFC. They never gave up. They believed. They dreamed. And they won. Their fans must've been elated.

Giving up in the way you have described is the thinking of someone who just doesn't care for sport.

As a MUFC fan, I can understand why AFC fans want Wenger out. They know that 4th place (CL qualification) is always going to be the target and Wenger will probably achieve it. But beyond that, Wenger doesn't seem to have any motivation. IMO, the board (and Wenger) simply want to make the biggest profit possible, so the board can pocket the money. If 4th place is what gets them the biggest profit, then that is what the target shall be. If they worked out that 10th place would give them the biggest net profit, then 10th place would be Wenger's target. Unfortunately, the fans want more.

Soldato
Been reading up on that Perez, looks like pretty good value. 17 goals/8 assists in 36 apps, Deportivo came 15th as well last year, i think they went 13 games without a win too. Pretty good return for a striker playing for a relegation scrapping team.

So the main 1st team squad will look like,

Cech
Ospina

Bellerin
Debuchy
Kos
Mustafi
Mert
Gabriel
Holding
Monreal
Gibbs

Coq
Xhaka
Elneny
Cazorla
Wilshere
Ramsey
Ozil
Ox

Sanchez
Giroud
Perez
Walcott
Welbeck

maybe a FB could come in, a youngish lad perhaps..

Caporegime
Have we actually signed Mustafi yet? I thought Valencia weren't selling because it's too late to find a replacement. Last I heard we were looking at Omer Toprak.

Caporegime
lol this is jokes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tjSrfo_XZs

Paul Merson is spot on

Said this for many years, he inherited a great defence and has never built a defence himself, ever. Even when you had Sol or Lauren come in, both players were playing with part of that same initial defence. Sol came in and adapted to the existing defence. It was when Adams, Keown, Sol, Ashley Cole and finally Lauren left that there was no one left who was led by, taught by, advised during a game and told where to stand by Adams or Keown(who while not as good knew exactly what to do). Since then even with half decent players, the defence has never been as organised, the fullbacks haven't played top notch Sagna looked significantly improved at City under Pellegrini who is not at all known for his defensive stability and with dodgy CBs...that defence knows how to play more but just had cbs who make a huge number of individual mistakes, when they weren't making huge errors they looked good.

Wenger has bought so many genuinely bad CBs and FBs since, he's bought so many underwhelming strikers since Henry/RVP, he's bought loads of underwhelming midfielders. He's just not finding the Pires's and Henry's in football anymore, he keeps floundering when it comes to snapping up younger top notch talent. Walcott and Ox... jesus, nothing about their game looks intelligent or good. They are pace, in Ox's case determination as well, but a complete lack of genuine talent and football brains, make the wrong choices so often it's a joke but somehow Walcott gets pay raise after pay raise and is still here what 8 years after it was clear there is nothing to his game. Ox, already clear there is no great player hidden under there... or at the very least one Wenger will never get to play well, he'll get a new contract for sure.

Caporegime
So King Henry has joined Belgium as an assistant coach under Robertototooootoooo lol

Shame Wenger shoved him out the door because he wouldn't quit his pundit job on sky sports.

Wish him all the best.

Soldato
Who is the club captain and vice captain for the season ahead.

I got a feeling mertesacker is the captain but his injured for a while, so who has the armband currently?

Last edited:
Caporegime
Xhaka won't be made captain due to him not being at Arsenal long enough.

Saying that he has been pretty decent for us especially today, he's definitely going to get better.

As for captains?? I would have liked to see cech being made captain myself but then he could turn out to be useless. We really haven't got a leader tbh, maybe Xhaka will become one but as of yet...no one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom