The Ashes 2010-11: Australia v England ** spoilers **

Man of Honour
The warm-up games are over and the series will start on Thursday:

First Test Match

Thursday 25th November 2010, the Gabba, Brisbane. Play starts at 00:00 GMT.​
Second Test Match

Friday 3rd December 2010, the AdelaideOvel, Adelaide. Play starts at 00:00 GMT.​
Third Test Match

Thursday 16th December 2010, the Wacca, Perth Play starts at 02:30 GMT.​
Fourth Test Match

Sunday 26th December 2010, the Melbourne Cricket Ground, Melbourne. Play starts at 23:30 GMT on the 25th.​

Fifth Test Match

Monday 3rd January 2011, the Sydney Cricket Ground, Sydney. Play starts at 23:30 GMT on the 2nd.​
Coverage on:

Sky Sports
Test Match Special commentary on BBC 5 live sports extra, BBC Radio 4 Long Wave and online
England and Wales Cricket Board
Cricket Australia
The England squad:

Andrew Strauss (captain)
Alastair Cook (vice-captain)
James Anderson
Ian Bell
Tim Bresnan
Stuart Broad
Paul Collingwood
Steven Davies (wkt)
Steven Finn
Eoin Morgan
Monty Panesar
Kevin Pietersen
Matt Prior (wkt)
Graeme Swann
Chris Tremlett
Jonathan Trott​

The Australia squad:

Ricky Ponting (captain)
Michael Clarke (vice-captain)
Doug Bollinger
Xavier Doherty
Brad Haddin (wkt)
Mike Hussey,
Ben Hilfenhaus
Mitchell Johnson
Simon Katich
Marcus North
Peter Siddle
Steven Smith
Shane Watson​

Caporegime
I can see England retaining the Ashes this time around...Aussies are definitely on a downward spiral lately...lost a recent test series to India and got spanked by SL in the ODI series last month.

Dont think there will be an Aussie 5-0 whitewash like the last time around:p....although anything could happen....this time im playing smart and have my money on England to win and retain the Ashes.

Soldato
Its a strange ashes series this one down under. England have done rather well in the warm ups, all batsment except KP have shown good nick and even the back up attack doesn't look limp. There hasn't been much negative stories from the englnad camp. Australia feel like they are england as they have selection issues and hte likes. ITs all to good to be true.

England to win 3-1, swan man of the series.

Soldato
4-1 England.

Think their biggest downfall is focusing so much on KP. Picking players just to (hopefully) nullify KP is undermining them especially as unlike previous series we have a team of potential game winners rather than relying on KP as in the past.

Can honestly see us giving them a good spanking.

Caporegime
So it starts tonight...looking forward to watching the series as England are on a roll and the Aussies are quite frankly on a downward spiral as of late...will be interesting to see how Ponting deals with this and how he gets his squad to perform better than they did last summer when again they lost the Ashes.

I reckon if the Aussies lose the Ashes then Ponting could very well find himself out of a job ie the Captaincy.

Got my money on England to win this...3-2 i reckon.

Associate
Fourth Test Match

Sunday 26th December 2010, the Melbourne Cricket Ground, Melbourne. Play starts at 23:30 GMT on the 25th.

I'll be there! cant wait!

Caporegime
Keeping the faith here, England are just too good at the moment for Australia I think.

Does anyone know of a radio I can buy that will get Test Match special (in Thailand)?

Last edited:
Soldato
For some strange reason I thought this starts tomorrow night so I'm really excited now that I found out it's tonight!

I think this series won't be as clear cut as most people imagine. If England win the first Test then I think it will make a huge difference. If they go 1-0 they will be under a lot of pressure and it could all go pear shaped.

I think England will be good in the bowling department but I'm not sure about the batting yet. With KP so out of touch there will be a lot of pressure on them.

Hopefully they will get a win to start. Can't wait! I'll be looking on myp2p.eu for some streaming links!

Man of Honour
Bookmarked this thread.

Anybody else laugh at Sky Sports' advert for The Ashes? By all means use the euphoric music, fancy graphics and movie-esq words, but their effort could have worked on the football or particularly rugby. But ex public school wimpy toffs? :p

Soldato
Can't wait for this! Was watching some of the last warm up match and you can tell from the commentators that they're expecting a very close series!

Someone has placed a £250k bet on England to win! :eek:

Soldato
Fourth Test Match

Sunday 26th December 2010, the Melbourne Cricket Ground, Melbourne. Play starts at 23:30 GMT on the 25th.

I'll be there! cant wait!

Me too :) might still have a spare ticket for some of the days as well if by any chance anyone is after one..

I'm going for a very bold 3-1 to England. I don't think there's a great difference player for player, but there's been a massive difference between the teams in terms of preperation and form

Back
Top Bottom