**The ASrock 939dual-SATA2 (ULi M1695) thread**

Associate
X64 WITH NVIDIA 6XXX CARDS LOW FRAME RATES AND AGP PROBS.

After months of wasted hours my rig now runs tip top with my 6800ultra agp on x64.Here is what i found.install the agp drivers from the asrock site.If it says x64 needs special patch.You will have to edit the install config settings folder for the driver and change the line setup-x64agp=n to x64agp=y.Then close an save changes.Ha presto the agp driver will now install .Restart and install your nvidia driver note!!!!! all the latest forceware drivers result in blackscreens on my system .If you edit the registary the card will run in pci mode!.I used an older driver 77.18 this works mint agpx8 and fastwrites on.The nvidia forum has lots of posts regarding 6xxx cards not running with the latest drivers not just uil boards but also via and sis.The latest forceware drivers for 32bit xp worked fine but for x64 only 77.18 worked for me. 3dmark2001 22665.3dmark05 5546.on x64

Last edited:
Associate
I understand your pain. But even when I had forced the XP64 ULi AGP driver to install and put on the nvidia drivers again, the bus speed was still wrong/low. I've now installed XP32 back on and it's all fine straight away.

Soldato
I have the following ram - G.Skill 2GB DDR ZX PC3200 (2x1GB) CAS2 Dual Channel Kit (F1-3200PHU2-2GBZX) (MY-007-GS) CAS Latency : 2-3-2-5 (PC3200)

And Im not sure if I have it setup properly in the bios, can somone tell me if this is what I should be doing.

Cas Latency (2T)
Tras (5T)
Trp (3T)
Trcd (2T)
Trrd (auto)
Trcd (auto)
Ma Timing (1T) is this the one most people are having probs with? it works for me.
Burst length (4 beats)

I have also enabled deep fifo in agp, but im not sure what it does lol.

Associate
Im currently using 2x 512 3200XL at 2-2-2-5. mem is running with 166 divider with cpu at 240x10 (mem completely within spec at 200) and I am having the 1T issue. Although I dont notice anything wrong with windows/apps/games , Memtest 1.65 Test fails incredably badly at 1T no matter what the lantancies are set to :(

Associate
MadMatty said:
Im currently using 2x 512 3200XL at 2-2-2-5. mem is running with 166 divider with cpu at 240x10 (mem completely within spec at 200) and I am having the 1T issue. Although I dont notice anything wrong with windows/apps/games , Memtest 1.65 Test fails incredably badly at 1T no matter what the lantancies are set to :(

tried the black slots?? went from loads of errors in the blue's to zero in memtest when popped in the blacks with the same settings.

Associate
Hesky82 said:
tried the black slots?? went from loads of errors in the blue's to zero in memtest when popped in the blacks with the same settings.

Ill give it a shot tonight. I just used blue slots without a second thaught to be honest.

EDIT: Moved memory to blackslots and instead of errors, I get system reset or freeze 2% into test 8. Blue slots seem abit more tolerent in my case. It could be down to me using mixed dimms though. Both are 3200XL but I have v1.1 and v1.2.

Last edited:
Soldato
2.10 is showing on there. anyone tried this yet. im still on 1.6 as nothing seems to have been added or tweaked that would benifit my system.

anyone know if the 2.10 still has the 274 lock ?

Soldato
Wow 75 pages (2,232 posts) of ASrock 939dual mobo :eek:

To the point: Thinking of getting this mobo to slowly make my way to PCI-E. Wanted to know if there's anything in particular I should look out for migrating current setup:
  • Asus A8V Deluxe (crappy rev 1 :mad: ) - Changing
  • A64 3000+ Socket 939 - Keeping
  • 1GB (2x512MB) OcUK Value RAM @ 2.5-3-3-8 1T - Keeping
  • HIS X700 AGP - Keeping :o
  • 160GB Matxor SATA & 80GB WD SATAII HDs - Both keeping. Latter, worth running on SATAII controller on mobo?
  • Creative Audigy - Don't know whether to continue using it because tried OnBoard on the A8V & did not sound nice on Inspire 6.1 speakers :(
  • Floppy drive - Do I still need this for SATA drivers/etc?
  • Tagan 330W PSU - ATX Rev 1.3, 20-pin: will that be problem?

Cheers :cool:

Last edited:
Associate
hp7909 said:
Wow 75 pages (2,232 posts) of ASrock 939dual mobo :eek:

To the point: Thinking of getting this mobo to slowly make my way to PCI-E. Wanted to know if there's anything in particular I should look out for migrating current setup:
  • Asus A8V Deluxe (crappy rev 1 :mad: ) - Changing
  • A64 3000+ Socket 939 - Keeping
  • 1GB (2x512MB) OcUK Value RAM @ 2.5-3-3-8 1T - Keeping
  • HIS X700 AGP - Keeping
  • 160GB Matxor SATA & 80GB WD SATAII HDs - Both keeping. Latter, worth running on SATAII controller on mobo?
  • Creative Audigy - Don't know whether to continue using it because tried OnBoard on the A8V & did not sound nice on Inspire 6.1 speakers :(
  • Floppy drive - Do I still need this for SATA drivers/etc?
  • Tagan 330W PSU - ATX Rev 1.3, 20-pin: will that be problem?

Cheers :cool:

Looks OK to me mate... You'll need the floppy drive as (you've mentioned) to install the SATA drivers during the XP install. Although make sure you download the latest set of drivers, don't use the ones on the CD provided with the board.

I was expecting the Realtek AC'97 on-board sound to be rubbish but its been excellent so far and it'll do for the time being whilst I save for a pro audio card.

Soldato
Dr. Gonzo said:
Looks OK to me mate... You'll need the floppy drive as (you've mentioned) to install the SATA drivers during the XP install. Although make sure you download the latest set of drivers, don't use the ones on the CD provided with the board.

I was expecting the Realtek AC'97 on-board sound to be rubbish but its been excellent so far and it'll do for the time being whilst I save for a pro audio card.
Cheers doc :)

Associate
Hi all.
First time post to this great forum.

I just need to know the best settings for several options in BIOS of this great board.

The settings in question are:-

CPU - NB speed link. Whats the ideal setting ?
NB - SB speed link. Again, whats the ideal setting ?

Select HTT to PCI Decode. Positive or negative ?

I'm totally new to A64 systems having been used to Socket A for past 5 years. :)

Any help appreciated.

My specs:-
Athlon 64 3500+ Venice-Core
ASRock 939DUAL-SATA2 (BIOS v.2.10)
2GB Corsair XMS3200 C2 DDR
Nvidia 7800GS OC AGP
Creative X-Fi Fatality

Permabanned
The_Scientist said:
The settings in question are:-

CPU - NB speed link. Whats the ideal setting ?
NB - SB speed link. Again, whats the ideal setting ?

Select HTT to PCI Decode. Positive or negative ?
Hi welcome to the forums :)

CPU - NB Link Speed - If HTT is 200, put it at 1000mhz, 201-249 put it to 800mhz, 250 - 333 put it to 600mhz.

NB - SB Link Speed, keep it at 1000mhz.
Not sure about the HTT to PCI decode, I would just leave it on the default. Never heard anything about it so I guess it's not important.

Back
Top Bottom