1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The ASRock thread [support/feedback/etc]

Discussion in 'Motherboards' started by AsrockMB, 8 Dec 2016.

1. Skyballer

Gangster

Where can I get the 4.81 beta as like you mentioned I've read bad things on 4.80. Cheers

2. flea.rider

Wise Guy

3. HeX

Capodecina

Still running 4.60 at the moment as my OC is solid and my memory is running full speed so haven't bothered to update it.

4.80 seems to be a mixed bag, some saying it's broken their OC, others saying they can get much more out of their memory now.

As with all BIOS updates it's a suck it and see! Or if you're happy with your current set up, leave well alone!

4. perry081064

Hitman

tbh , i was already on that train of thought.
    its been running fine so i cant see much point in rocking the boat , as advised i'll leave it alone.

5. Skyballer

Gangster

Seem to have run into a strange problem here. Trying to update bios to the beta 4.81 with instant flash.. Something I've done plenty times in the past. Have my USB stick formatted in FAT32 and copied over the file but in the bios when I go to run instant flash it searches the USB stick and I can see it listing the new bios but it then comes up with no image file detected.

This is for the x370 taichi with the beta file downloaded directly from the support page.

Any ideas?

6. flea.rider

Wise Guy

did you unrar it :)
    try downloading from else where

7. Skyballer

Gangster

Yes not my first time at the rodeo. But a new bug for me.

Tried your link and also from the official site as it's there now too.

8. flea.rider

Wise Guy

only thing I can suggest is reflash with 3.30 .. then try again

9. Space Monkey

Man of Honour

Tried a different USB stick? Different USB slot (if allowed)?

10. Troezar

Mobster

How are As rock owners finding the after sales support with Asrock? By that I mean RMA, bios updates etc.

11. flea.rider

Wise Guy

rma's are fine bios well that's another story ..

12. HeX

Capodecina

13. flea.rider

Wise Guy

slightly better than before 3466 now .. still cant get 3600 stable :(

14. YB2ndBEST

Hitman

P2.00 bios for x470 taichi is fantastic. They fixed the pbo bug and it supports latest agesa. Definitely helped my setup.

15. chrcoluk

Sgarrista

I tried toggling this on my asrock b450 pro 4 board, and the difference was zilch, nothing other than normal variance, I expected some kind of difference tho so I wonder if the bios option is broken on my board/bios. I tried auto, enabled and disabled.

Given my cpu is higher clock speed than yours I would say my result is closer to your off result, depending on how your geardown is set.

With geardown enabled I get 74ns, with it disabled 71ns, the cpu clock is 4.15ghz during the test on a 2600X.

Your cache and memory throughput results are all way down on mine, the ram itself on the tests running similar to yours at 3200CL16 probably different subtimings tho.

16. Kronos

Catwalker

This is also posted elsewhere on the forum.

Just put a Ryzen build with the above board and it is not see in my Samsung 960 EVO (250GB) M.2-2280 PCI Express 3.0

Bios updated even tried it in the other slot M.2 slot but nothing. Other SSD's register just the M.2 which would be my boot drive does not.

do not know what if anything i can try to resolve it, I see there is plenty on the net about this issue with Asrock 350 boards and one or two on the 450 but no definitive fix.

Anyone got a clue or should I RMA the board?

17. chrcoluk

Sgarrista

There is an option in the bios to turn nvme on and off, its off by default because it disables some SATA ports.

If you really cannot find it I will take a photo off it, I dont know off hand where it is in the bios.

18. ben90

Wise Guy

The latest 5.10 BIOS states that I have to have the AMD all in 1 with VGA driver installed. Does this mean I can't use the BIOS with an Nvidia card?

19. chrcoluk

Sgarrista

I think thats only relevant if you using an AMD cpu with integrated graphics as your primary display output.

20. flea.rider

Wise Guy

it's the socket driver not the gpu driver .. just install will be fine