The Battlefield 4 Thread 2015

Soldato
hehe ace 23 and lockers go well together, love lockers as a map! :D It still amuses me after 3+ years, people still haven't learnt to watch their back flags and go outside to flank :o :D

They don't watch the back flags in bf1 either, in fact it's probably worse in bf1. As much as I applaud giving players who play objectives mega points, the rewards for speculatively defending an objective are not enough, and people don't want to spend a round stuck at the wrong end of the map, just in case..

The rewards for zerging down the shortest route (central channel) and not having any width as a team are too great IMO, and the outcome inevitable..

Having said that, most of my mvps in BF4 or 1 are for covering the two flags closest to our base with a LAV or FT..

Caporegime
Aye that is another absolutely retarded thing about bf 1, the stupid amount of points for capping flags.... As usual, they had the balance spot on in bf 4 in the end but for some reason, decide to throw out all that 3+ years of work out the window...

Associate
Yeah Good games last night. But that last round....i Forgot how annoying commanding mode can be. Bad enough when your on a team that can hardly hold 1 point. But then to have an AC-130 raining down on you just spawn raping/spotting you, as well as littlebirds hovering over you was frustrating! Was enough to make me call it a night and watch the walking dead

Kinda enjoying lockers these days. I blame BF1 for that :p

Caporegime
I think it's because the BF4 gunplay seems so easy coming back from BF1.

LBM55wY.gif

Man of Honour
^^ The game is like riding a bike - haven't played in a few weeks - took me about half a round to get back upto my old speed.

Caporegime
Yep very true. Think i will have to start playing more bF1 before a BF4 session :D
Nexus shakes his head in disbelief :p

pXvmKJe.gif

:p

^^ The game is like riding a bike - haven't played in a few weeks - took me about half a round to get back upto my old speed.

Yup the reason people might find bf 4 easier (if they are actually being serious that is :p :o) is because we are so used to the bf 4 gun mechanics after many years of very similar mechanics in various games, so it really is like riding a bike and also because you don't have retarded mechanics hindering your game play i.e. retarded suppression (blurring your screen, reducing your FOV, increasing your recoil, having your bullets go everywhere except where you aim), retarded RNG etc. etc. thus nothing to hamper an old school FPS'er true skills.

Once VM fix the packet loss, I'll be back on for some bf 4. ETA is the 20th Dec.

Soldato
I kept on getting pb kicks on Friday, I may have to completely reinstall origin and all my origin BF games. (New PC build but old game SSD).

It was quite funny really..

Spawn in Xonatic's tank, kill 2 people, get out and repair, pb kick. rinse and repeat...

Man of Honour
Run pbsetup or whatever it is - just copying the game files leaves PB in a half installed state and it takes awhile to automatically fix itself.

Soldato
I kept on getting pb kicks on Friday, I may have to completely reinstall origin and all my origin BF games. (New PC build but old game SSD).

It was quite funny really..

Spawn in Xonatic's tank, kill 2 people, get out and repair, pb kick. rinse and repeat...

Have you noticed any improvement in fps on the new cpu? Or did you do it for other reasons?

Soldato
Have you noticed any improvement in fps on the new cpu? Or did you do it for other reasons?

Not really, a 6 core SB-E is still a formidable CPU, but it wouldn't hold it's 4.4GHz clock anymore and was drinking more and more voltage, didn't properly support PCIe gen 3, wasn't compatible with NVMe drives etc etc, so this was a build for the future before my old rig gave up the ghost.

Back
Top Bottom