The BBC..... Really

Soldato
The BBC... I literally try to keep an open mind, from "problems with immigrant" to "Bias media toward the left"....

I have righty tighy as friends on FB and loony lefties ..... i'd say i sit center left (as if that exists anymore).

Question is.... the BBC... Is it Left or right or just inbetween..... Could an admin open a pole, i'm interested to see what people think. Because judging on FB posts the left think its bias and the right think its looney!

Commissario
It has to try and remain impartial overall, which typically means it has UKIP frothing at the mouth when it mocks the parties inability to choose a leader (or when one of it's senior members does something stupid), whilst Labour are upset at it reporting about Corbin's troubles, and the tories dislike it because it points out when things are going wrong in government.

Soldato
OP
They seem pretty balanced to me. They report from both sides.

Same here to be honest, i've never seen them favor anyone.

The propaganda machine is the propaganda machine, innit.

At the moment, it's the New Year, and they fap to the yearly reminder that we'll all die before pensionable age. This is because the Beeb are in bed with the gov't, and that's what the gov't wants - for us to be dead before we become pensionable. Paying into the system for 40+ years, all in vain. We are just datum.

But we voted for that, its not as if they're lying. We voted for a machine that will make us work until death...... Profit > life.

It has to try and remain impartial overall, which typically means it has UKIP frothing at the mouth when it mocks the parties inability to choose a leader (or when one of it's senior members does something stupid), whilst Labour are upset at it reporting about Corbin's troubles, and the tories dislike it because it points out when things are going wrong in government.

I get why BBC show Farage, they are the 3rd biggest party in the UK... its only Fair. Just annoys me that he is technically a nobody who's never been MP. Just a rent a gob.... Meh.

Soldato
OP
It's whatever the government wants it to be.

Is it tho....... I just cant tell anymore. I'm a classed as "far left" apparently.... But i listen to what i consider "far left" talk about the BBC being this propaganda machine and just laugh!

Where does that leave me? Am i a righty tighty or a looney leftie..... Many from either side pipe up and say "BBC - right, BBC -left"........... Personally think both are cluesless!

Anyone just stop and think... Yup we're completely ******..... Dan B has the right idea !:D:D:D

Soldato
I use it as it's free and technically I pay for it but I do find it rather left leaning, with it's attempts to be "inclusive" and dumbing down of things.

It's not enough to make me want to pay another site though.

Soldato
It's only hard right Tory and weird UKIP type supporters that spit their dummy out and call the BBC loony left all the time. I'm a Labour member and supporter and I wouldn't say the BBC is left bias.

Caporegime
They're generally quite centrist though the people working there are (generally) likely more towards the 'left' side of the political spectrum and that does come across occasionally.

Man of Honour
It's only hard right Tory and weird UKIP type supporters that spit their dummy out and call the BBC loony left all the time. I'm a Labour member and supporter and I wouldn't say the BBC is left bias.

Not watched Question Time before then?

Man of Honour
It sits centrally politically but does encourage a tolerant, mild tempered stance on people and issues.

I do think there is a difference between 'the left' and' 'mild', but considering how angry some of well known (not necessarily decent) right wing publications are I can appreciate people thinking otherwise.

Soldato
I too believe it's quite well balanced.

Does make you wonder what the political stance of the chief editor is, as left or right, they'll still have to have stories shedding good/bad light on both sides.

Soldato
I'd love to say they were leaning either to the right or the left, but I think they are pretty much balanced. Thing is, they argue both sides so depending on what you watch and when, you may believe they are one way or the other.

Soldato
It sits centrally politically but does encourage a tolerant, mild tempered stance on people and issues.

I do think there is a difference between 'the left' and' 'mild', but considering how angry some of well known (not necessarily decent) right wing publications are I can appreciate people thinking otherwise.

Agreed.

I see the BBC as striving (often a little too hard) to be neutral on absolutely everything. Sometimes they go a little too far and don't do enough to call out absolute BS when they see it.

Back
Top Bottom