The best game from a series

Associate
I have never played a Pro Evolution Soccer game, so it got me wondering, since there are loads of versions, which one is best for a retro gamer? The same applies for example, with the abundance of sports games!

So for collectors or players who want to sample the best of a particular genre (but not spend a load of money) which is the best version to try? What would people recommend for the various series/genres?

This might be a bit of an ambitious thread - essentially the purpose is to gather peoples opinions on the various genres and series to try?

For me personally, I am intrigued to try out some sports sims but wonder which version of the various games is best?

Baseball
Basketball
Football (PES and Fifa)

It does not have to be just PC, Amiga and consoles suggestions are very much included. :)

Soldato
Fifa 96 on the megadrive was a memorable one for me. OK the modern ones are a world apart for realism but I spent hours on 96 and still do play it. Also fifa 98 was the first one I saw on PS1 and it blew my mind (Just the gameplay wasnt as fun imo.) Still play the windows version sometimes.
NHLPA 93 - Best ice hockey game ever and if you disagree you are wrong.

Back
Top Bottom