The Best Network?

Soldato
Who do you think is the best network?

I have been with all the networks and Tesco are by far the best. (monthly and pay and go)

I'm on Pay and Go and topup about 20 or 25 a month and get £45 free credit plus my topup amount. I love not getting a monthly bill. Ive been with all the networks and tesco has by far the best customer service. When i lost my phone and simcard, I got straight through to someone, they sent me a sim card with the same number as before for free that arrived on monday (i rang on sunday) They also put a bar on the simcard until it arrived, it then had all my free credit still on as before and my actual credit. Amazing service.

Reception - It just piggy backs onto o2 (apprently) so is great

Caporegime
For me its Tmobile...been with them for yrs now...almost 10 in fact and never ever had a problem with them whereas my vodafone contract that i took out in may...the less i say about them the better...

Soldato
£20 -25 a month on payg?

Wouldn't you be better on a contract?

Been with O2 for 18 months and no problems so far.

Orange used to be good, they have gone very downhill over the last few years.

I would go to Vodafone if I was to change.

Soldato
Just swapped to orange from three. Have been with vodafone and o2.

The signal improvement in London from orange having been on three is immense. Very pleased so far. Three were a real pain, they have great deals but when i use half my minutes on reconnecting calls, the cost benefit evaporates.

Soldato
had loads of issues with o2 tbh but I still am a fan of them,there customer service (the way it operates procedures and what not) is lousy however the people themselves have always been polite :) however either way I will be moving from them in december due to lack of android phones mainly the hero .... which itll be either orange or tmobile I'll move too

Soldato
OP
£20 -25 a month on payg?
Wouldn't you be better on a contract?

When i topped up £25 it was over a month ago. It has lasted whilst ive been on holiday for a week in cyprus (kerenya) making a few calls and sending around 15 texts and there is still £7 left in credit. I generally text 20 or so people at once and make quite a lot of short calls to mobiles

The free credit lasts me through a month then ive still got £20 or £25 left which gets used over a couple of weeks

Permabanned
I've been with Orange for over 12 years, never had a problem other than them being ****'s with upgrades.

Soldato
O2 for me, i've always been with them and never had a problem, all of their little treats and surprises for p&g customers are great. I always have great signal with them as well where as my friend who just lives round the corner and is on Orange has terrible signal, doesn't even have signal at home! I've just started the text & web bolton thing which is pretty damn good, £15 for unlimited texts and unlimited (500mb) any time internet browsing.
The only provider i would consider is Vodaphone because my dad has always been with them.

Associate
Who do you think is the best network?

I have been with all the networks and Tesco are by far the best. (monthly and pay and go)

I'm on Pay and Go and topup about 20 or 25 a month and get £45 free credit plus my topup amount. I love not getting a monthly bill. Ive been with all the networks and tesco has by far the best customer service. When i lost my phone and simcard, I got straight through to someone, they sent me a sim card with the same number as before for free that arrived on monday (i rang on sunday) They also put a bar on the simcard until it arrived, it then had all my free credit still on as before and my actual credit. Amazing service.

Reception - It just piggy backs onto o2 (apprently) so is great

sending out a sim card the next day and blocking is pretty standard stuff

hardly excell in customer service. ive done this with 3 major networks in the past o2 voda and orange (pay go and montly)

best network is all relative to what you need as a user and what area you plan on using the phone in..... there all different

Soldato
Been with Voda for 12 years with no issues.

However my O2 business contract is a totally different affair and in 9 days it will be an ex O2 business contract..

Awful awful coverage with minimal 3g coverage in the area I live and when I do have 3g well chances are the sodding network will crash...

Associate
Three Mobile is pretty awesome for me, I don't use my phone too much, but a £5 top-up will give me:
- 25 texts (or 300 texts for a £10 top up)
- 150MB internet allowance (lasts 2 months)
- Calls are 12p/min to any network
Also the top-up credit doesn't expire

Soldato
I've had phones from all the networks bar 3. For customer service I'd choose Orange, for coverage and data speed I'd choose Vodafone. I was with O2 for my personal phone for a while without any major complaints, but Vodafone has a better network.

Associate
In the last 9 years Ive been with Orange, o2 and Vodafone.

The network that has offered me the most reliable connection/coverage is Vodafone ( so far ). I'm also pretty impressed with their customer service whereas Orange were nothing short of terrible in this respect.

Soldato
i'v had t-mobile, 3, O2 and Orange in the last 2 years. 3 was rubbish so i got ri of. T-mobile and O2 were great and cant report any issues. Orange has been great so far apart from a two blind spots i have noticed for data where i frequent. I would recommend any apart from 3.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
Ive been with Vodafone for the past 5 years and had no problems at all, the same cant be said about 02 though IMO

Associate
It entirely depends on the area you will most frequently be using your mobile phone. :) I suggest you have a look on the coverage tool on each operators web site and judge from that. Also take things like price into concideration ofc. ^^

Back
Top Bottom