The Biden Presidency

Caporegime
I've seen opinion a lot of opinion pieces suggesting Clinton could run in 2024, it would just be hilarious if we had Clinton vs Trump again.

I don't see how a Clinton presidency would be different to a Biden presidency though, both very pro-establishment, similar ideologies.

Don
If Biden did choose to not run and somehow Clinton was the Democrat ticket, we're almost guaranteed a: Trump Presidency II - The Cofeffening.

Soldato
Still a long way off for trump. I'd say he'd be extremely foolish to run again, assuming justice starts to catch up to him.

We all have different views in this thread, but I'm fairly certain every single person agrees that next election it'd be nice to have totally new fresh faces from both parties. Sub 60 age too!

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I think it would do America good to get a younger president - but one with a reasonable amount of experience/broader world view, not someone driven by a hopelessly idealistic agenda.

Caporegime
Caporegime
I really don't see how you can clear the 'logjam' with two Senators that have been bought out by bigger interests than their constituents and stop the infighting at the same time.

Soldato
Have they been bought out? I don't follow American politics closely but that Vox article said they had longstanding opposition to fillibuster changes.

Caporegime
Oh most definitely, fossil fuels for Manchin.

Edit - though you could argue almost all of them are in some way.

Last edited:
Soldato
Dems really need to step up, because they're currently on track to lose the mid-terms, and as soon as that happens the Republicans will impeach Biden immediately.
Impeach him for what? :D impeach him because trump was impeached basically.

I really wish the republicans could be a party that were worthy of considering to vote for them.

Soldato
Impeach him for what? :D impeach him because trump was impeached basically.

I really wish the republicans could be a party that were worthy of considering to vote for them.

If they win the midterms there will be moves to impeach him from day 1. There should be a betting pool on who is first to try it, my money is on MTG. I don't think it will go anywhere but there will be lots of noise to make it happen.

Soldato
Sure, there already is noise.

I just can't see what they'd actually impeach him for. The motive would be to say "see trump got impeached for no good reason just as Biden has, so trumps 2 impeachments are pointless"

Caporegime
I really don't see how you can clear the 'logjam' with two Senators that have been bought out by bigger interests than their constituents and stop the infighting at the same time.

Biden is an experienced politician, he has a bunch of experienced senior politicians to support him. There must be a way. The US uses the whip system, surely that's got to be an option.

Have they been bought out?

Absolutely, they're both neck deep in lobbyist cash.

I don't follow American politics closely but that Vox article said they had longstanding opposition to fillibuster changes.

They were quite happy to waive the filibuster for the debt ceiling.

Impeach him for what? :D

They'll invent something. It doesn't need to be credible, it just needs partisan support.

Associate
Sure, there already is noise.

I just can't see what they'd actually impeach him for. The motive would be to say "see trump got impeached for no good reason just as Biden has, so trumps 2 impeachments are pointless"

They could impeach him for being an invalid (surely this is clear to even the most deluded) - or for the blatant corruption he has been and is involved in.

Soldato
They could impeach him for being an invalid (surely this is clear to even the most deluded) - or for the blatant corruption he has been and is involved in.

"Invalid

a person made weak or disabled by illness or injury."

I think you'll find he's just old, much like the last fella.

Soldato

sure.

I have often found that people see their own insecurities in others.

Over 2 years now people have been saying Biden's suffering from bad dementia that it's so blatantly obvious. He deserves a bloody medal if true!

Last edited:
Soldato

To impeach 'wrongful, improper, or unlawful conduct.'

Need some law against the weak, disabled and those effected by illness or injury. Are the republicans running on this platform in the mid-terms or something?

Top Bottom