The Big WWE Wrestling Thread

Man of Honour
Hey guys

Some might argue the sports forum is the wrong place for this, and it's more suited for Music and Box Office, but it's on Sky Sports so thats good enough for me

So who's watching this then?

I can't wait myself, I was a bit sceptical about paying for it after paying for the Royal Rumble and it turned out to be utter poo, but this definitely looks like it's going to be a lot better

Some really good matches

Triple Threat match for the WWE Championship:
Randy Orton (c) vs. Triple H vs. John Cena

World Heavyweight Championship:
Edge (c) vs. The Undertaker

Money in the Bank ladder match:
Mr. Kennedy vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. Chris Jericho vs. Carlito vs. Montel Vontavious Porter vs. CM Punk vs. John Morrison

No Disqualification matches:
Floyd "Money" Mayweather vs. The Big Show
Umaga vs. Batista
Ric Flair vs. Shawn Michaels
If Flair loses the match, he must retire from wrestling.

Playboy BunnyMania Lumberjack match:
Maria and Ashley vs. Beth Phoenix and Melina

Belfast Brawl:
Finlay vs. John "Bradshaw" Layfield

Pre-show: 24-man Interpromotional Battle Royal
The match will be held before WrestleMania and will stream live on WWE.com
Participants are: Elijah Burke, Lance Cade, Deuce, Domino, Tommy Dreamer, Jim Duggan, Festus, The Great Khali, Mark Henry, Hardcore Holly, Jesse, Kane, Brian Kendrick, Kofi Kingston, The Miz, Shannon Moore, Trevor Murdoch, Jamie Noble, Chuck Palumbo, Cody Rhodes, Snitsky, Stevie Richards, Val Venis and Jimmy Wang Yang.
The winner will face Chavo Guerrero for the ECW Championship later that night.

ECW Championship:
Chavo Guerrero vs. TBD

I can see Cena winning his title back and having it for a very long stint again. Also I think Flair will finally get retired tonight, seems a fitting end to his career after being inducted into the hall of fame and being at the biggest Wrestlemania ever.

Also, big talking point, Mayweathers match, seriously wtf as this. I hate the guy, but can't see them making him lose or he'll be a bigger laughing stock than he already is for doing it

Soldato
Mayweather is obviously going to get the win he's unbeaten in boxing there's no way he is going to sign up for this if he is going to get beat!!

I can't see how they are going to do it without it looking a total joke though Big Show is about 3 times his size and would kill him with one punch yet is going to have to sell getting a pasting off him! The fact they have made it a no DQ match probably tells you how it is going to pan out there will be run ins and all sorts costing Big Show the match.

Doubt they are going to be able to do much physically on Mayweather either as the risks are too high of the worlds best pound for pound boxer getting seriously hurt when he's appparently fighting De La Hoya in September!

Permabanned
I can tell you now what will happen in the Mayweather fight.

Big Show will slap him around a bit and look like to be winning and Mayweather will use some sort of illegal means to actually GET the win :) Win win for both.

Soldato
Would be a brillaint wresltmania if the event and the whole build up had not been ruined by the mayweather thing. This has totally ruined it for me tbh.

Ps hope Undertaker makes it 16-0

Soldato
As opposed to it all being a staged managed theatrical event you mean!

Why do people watch this dross!

If you don't like it, don't post. I was reluctant to start a thread as I knew this kind of thing would happen. :rolleyes:

Anyway...

Already got this ordered! Can't wait tbh. :D

I think both Orton and Edge will lose, which out of Cena or Triple H will win the triple threat is anybody's guess though.

I think the question of if Edge will lose by DQ or not is also debatable. No doubt he'll get his little mini-Edges to interfere in some way.

Finlay to give JBL a good pasting, can't stand that guy. :o

Beyond that i'm not too fussed. Big Show will end up losing, for the reasons shown above. Ric Flair to save his career... again. ;)

Umaga vs Batista should be a good one to watch though. Oh, and not to mention the girls! :cool:

rey mysterio running interference combined with low blows, chairs etc probably

Would be quite entertaining to see this happen actually.

Soldato
Can't say that I am a wrestling fan but I do catch some of it at the weekends when every other channel has adverts on!

Ric Flair will lose I think. However they will find some way to keep him in the show

Soldato
Prediction Times:

Triple Threat match for the WWE Championship:
Triple H to win the title

World Heavyweight Championship:
The Undertaker to take the title

Money in the Bank ladder match:
Mr Kennedy to win

No Disqualification matches:
Either Mayweather to win, but not cleanly. Probably with the help of another wrestler.

Umaga vs. Batista
Batista to lose in dodgy circumstances.

Ric Flair vs. Shawn Michaels
Shawn Michaels to win

Playboy BunnyMania Lumberjack match:
Don't care about this match.

Belfast Brawl:
JBL to win

ECW Championship:
Chavo to lose the title to the winner of the Royale. They need to give ECW abit of focus.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom