The Big WWE Wrestling Thread

Soldato
Enjoyed NXT - the last match surprised me!

The Dusty Classic was a trainwreck though :(

Watched a bit of ICW but I really can't stand the accents and horrible production quality so played Skyrim until time for SS! :eek:

Soldato
Not going to lie, Goldberg vs Lesnar was just amazing. Makes me feel like a little kid again. :D

Not only is it made obvious by the crowd reaction, but a lot of people even online are liking it too.

It makes sense from a story perspective, and definitely gives hope for "Superman for the kids" ..... and his kid. :p.

But holy crap!

I really would love to see the behind the scenes decision on this, creatively and by both men, whom are actually good friends in real life incase some people don't know yet.

Surely there has to be a rematch down the line where Goldberg will actually pass the torch to Brock, because all these years of WWE building him up, and to get squashed by a returning old man monster of old...... it's hilarious.

This is classic WCW Goldberg ...... in 2016! :D

Brock is known to not give a **** since he gets paid by the bucket loads for making appearances any way. But damn ........ this was too funny. It will be making some headlines for sure!

I mean jesus, Goldberg's entrance was longer than the entire match. :D

Just the amount of story and inner workings leading up to this and for the future is going to be fascinating if WWE or either men ever lets these details out.

It also makes you wonder. Should this have been what happened back at 2004 in WMXX? :D

EDIT.....

Rumours and reports suggest that Goldberg may appear at Royal Rumble 2017 which will explain a lot. Tomorrow's RAW is going to be hella interesting for sure.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
What a ridiculous booking. It's cool that it was unexpected but it makes absolutely no sense, kill all credibility for Brock for a guy that's not sticking around, at most do one more match.

Caporegime
What a ridiculous booking. It's cool that it was unexpected but it makes absolutely no sense, kill all credibility for Brock for a guy that's not sticking around, at most do one more match.

Word is going around that he might well be sticking around for a bit due to the reception he's got being very positive, even in Canada which was surprising. Plus Brock is obviously going to play the "i underestimated him" card and he was "caught off guard".

A quick loss like that really doesn't hurt Brocks "credibility" at all given they're almost certainly going to spin it in the way i mentioned above. Plus, lets face it, we're talking credibility and wrestling here :p

Soldato
Yep this is "wrestling world logic" here. Even real MMA fights last just as long, so to apply that bit of it to pro-wrestling isn't far off.

Goldberg was THE monster long before Brock so it actually works?

Again, it's the rebirth of classic WCW Goldberg even against Brock for a moment. Remember, Goldberg even took out Tank Abbott in the past! :p

It's a very simple "new kid" underestimates the "previous and living legend" thing. Eventually the new kid will get his revenge.

Entertainment and shock value in it's simple form.

I still would love to see all the behind the scenes workings on this especially when so many emotions, theories and speculation is high e.g. Does Goldberg being slightly injured play into the booking, Brock's past with the drug tests etc, or the fact that if both men had gone on for too long, would the crowd have turned on them and we had WMXX all over again? So many ways it could've panned out.

Also bonus points to Shane-O-Mac, another old guy and non-wrestler making some of the young guys looking like chumps :D. Not only that, but the Roman hate is going to get hella worse after that unfortunate accident. :p

EDIT ...

I usually think Dave Meltzer is full of **** but this could shed some light.

Dave says Goldberg's going to be sticking around for a bit, and he'll be having a rematch with Lesnar, which is a deal they made within the last week (originally, Lesnar was booked to win). Lesnar, among others pushed for the deal because he saw money in Goldberg, and Vince must have seen it too. Dave isn't sure, but he presumes he'll be working the Rumble (which he says is pretty much a given) and Wrestlemania. Beyond that, it's unclear.
He also says the match was not shortened due to Goldberg's injury. From the time he decided to stay, the point of the match became getting him over, so they did the match that originally got him over.

You look at the way Brock sold the two spears and he's definitely into it. :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Overall I thought it was good. Not great but good.

Women's match- 7/10 Alexa Bliss was MVP imo.
Tag Match- 8/10- Slater is still so Over!... Some great stuff going on all over the place here.
Miz vs Zayn- 7/10 Liked the finish
Men's match- 9/10. Really very good. So much going on. Great use of Ellsworth too.
Main event- I thought it was great. It seemed like as big event and it delivered imo. The only thing that would have made it more epic would have been if he had held Lesnar up for longer....Was anyone actually interested in seeing a proper match?

Also, I loved the crowd chanting TEN all night!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom