The Big WWE Wrestling Thread

Caporegime
Main event- I thought it was great. It seemed like as big event and it delivered imo....Was anyone actually interested in seeing a proper match?

After their wrestle mania encounter, nope. Though it was a New York crowd who knew they were both leaving so they crapped all over the match.

Soldato
Another thing. Surely Sami Zayn must move to Smackdown now. That must have been why they had Miz beat Ziggler, so he could cheat to beat Zayn, then he uses that as an excuse to move to SD to get revenge.

Caporegime
"Charlotte" Flair has already been divorced twice apparently, soon to be catching up on her old man.

Another thing. Surely Sami Zayn must move to Smackdown now. That must have been why they had Miz beat Ziggler, so he could cheat to beat Zayn, then he uses that as an excuse to move to SD to get revenge.

Well if he does maybe he can get rid of that bloody cap, anytime i see him i expect to hear this.

Last edited:
Associate
After their wrestle mania encounter, nope. Though it was a New York crowd who knew they were both leaving so they crapped all over the match.

1st good thing wwe creative have done in a while and it ticks off one of Lesnars contracted PPV performances without having to see him do the same wrestling moves over and over and over again for 25 mins.

Associate
What a ridiculous booking. It's cool that it was unexpected but it makes absolutely no sense, kill all credibility for Brock for a guy that's not sticking around, at most do one more match.

Good way to cover Goldbergs ring rust... The WWE using it as a way to punish Brock for using banned substances and making him lose his aura of being a beast... Building them both up to enter the rumble and have a shot at the WWE title without making Brock seem too OP. Maybe none of those reasons.

Caporegime
1st good thing wwe creative have done in a while and it ticks off one of Lesnars contracted PPV performances without having to see him do the same wrestling moves over and over and over again for 25 mins.

Yeah its a farce what his matches have boiled down to, do the bare minimum even though matches of his previous wwe career in 2002 shows him doing a lot more. "Suplex city" got over somehow so it just gives him licence to do just that and the crowd lap it up...

Soldato
One thing I thought was ridiculous right from the start was Shane being in the match. It was BS, but he did actually do ok. The elbow on to Strowman was great, but then he looked really bad at the end. He must have a concussion. I Hope he is ok.

Also, did anyone wince a little when Braun threw AJ out of the ring. That did not look very controlled to me!

Soldato
Good way to cover Goldbergs ring rust... The WWE using it as a way to punish Brock for using banned substances and making him lose his aura of being a beast... Building them both up to enter the rumble and have a shot at the WWE title without making Brock seem too OP. Maybe none of those reasons.

It's actually a combination of a lot of different things going by all the recent reports.

To sum up.....

Brock was originally scheduled to win, but after all the positive reaction for Goldberg's return, and Lesnar saw money in the idea and even pushed for a longer programme.

Goldberg being injured on the RAW with the security guards was another rumoured factor to count in, but it ended up not being true.

The bookers/creative actually wanted to get the dominant and squash heavy "WCW Goldberg" back, not his watered down WWE 2003-2004 version. History has shown that long matches for Goldberg is his biggest weakness.

Given this is the first time Goldberg's wife and kid gets to see him wrestle, he has his WCW theme music back, playing the Superhero for the kids of this generation, and then the idea of Lesnar underestimating the myth and legend of Goldberg aka the monster long before The Beast himself, it kind of adds up.

I'm sure there are plentiful of people who are tired of seeing Lesnar phoning it in ever since Suplex City was his thing, but for all intents and purposes, he's actually a damn good seller and if this squash match was any indication (Seriously look at the way he was staggering and held his ribs), he can put the effort if the money and entertainment is there.

Goldberg destroyed tons of big names of similar fashion in the past, something people seem to forget or never knew, so this was the return of another attraction. It doesn't detract from everything Lesnar has had since.

Both are also great friends in real life, don't forget that.

Last edited:
Soldato
One thing I thought was ridiculous right from the start was Shane being in the match. It was BS, but he did actually do ok. The elbow on to Strowman was great, but then he looked really bad at the end. He must have a concussion. I Hope he is ok.

Also, did anyone wince a little when Braun threw AJ out of the ring. That did not look very controlled to me!

Shane must have been concussed as he kicked out of spear instinctively. Had he been fully aware he wouldn't have done that as it risks making Roman Reigns look weak.

The AJ throw, AJ hit the side of the ring apron on the way down it had shades of what happened to Shawn Michaels in his casket match against the Undertaker all those years go where his back hit the edge of the casket that lead him to miss 4 years of his career. Hopefully AJ didn't get long term injuries.

Caporegime
the hallmark of every goldberg match and why he has the entertainment value of a wingnut. total waste of airtime.

Nope.

It was how he was booked in WCW, in WWE this is a new thing for him. Its the character that people expected in his first WWE run but as usual they had to go and change things which made his impact more of a damp squib than anything.

Caporegime
yep, actually, every match i saw in WWE was the same, 5 minute to walk along a corridor and stand in some sparks, walk to the ring, 30 sec squash.

Well you must not have seen many because it was rare that he had a wcw style squash match in his first run with wwe. Especially when it came to any of the bigger names.

Soldato
TLC was pretty good. Ambrose vs Styles was excellent. The springboard 450 was a great spot, as was Ambrose flying out of the ring through the tables at the end.

The Miz also had a great night. His short promo after his match was a great little heel moment.

Kalisto and Baron Corbin also were both very good. Best I've seen Corbin in the who could turn out to be very good in the future imo, and I think kalisto should move into the IC picture. I was getting a real Rey Mysterio vibe off him.

Said it many times, but Styles really is way ahead of everyone else. I think Ambrose has hung with him well, but who else is there now? I know people are talking about a program with the Undertaker, which could be epic, but I also read a report he might be injured.... I sure hope not.

Overall a pretty solid show with some real highlights, and a nice platform for the future.

Back
Top Bottom