The Big WWE Wrestling Thread

Associate
Just watched the two matches from Revolution I had to skip on Monday (hate Sunday PPVs!): the ladder match and Jade's match.

Gotta say, Jade is ******* amazing. It's pretty much bang on one year since her first ever match, and her fight with Tay, whilst not a match of the year candidate, was really good and not out of place on the PPV. She's got real charisma, and looks like a real life superhero. And the dissenting voices among the Internet Wrestling Community are getting fewer and fewer. Clearly a superstar in the making.

She is good considering how new she is, but she's as inexperienced as she is because she only wrestles on AEW's limited number of shows.

Since AEW has no house shows, that isn’t an area she can gain experience. Also, I heard her saying she is rich and so doesn't need wrestling. She isn't as young as I initially thought she was (24), but is almost 30. She used to be a psychologist, which is where she made her money. Considering she’s rich, she must be making a decent amount from AEW, despite her lack of experience. With AEW, those that want to gain extra credit need to work the indies, but if she is rich, I cannot see her working the indies, since she won’t be paid enough, because of her lack of experience or name value.

They’ve created a female wrestler with potential and stuck her into a unique situation, where she won’t gain the experience she so desperately needs. She should be trying to wrestle on every show, and multiple times on multi-episodes tapings to gain that extra credit.

Jade on a recent Dynamite (I don't watch her matches closely enough to notice these, and yet I caught this):
https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCir...mite_jade_cargill_forgets_to_kick_out_of_the/

Searching twitter to see what others where saying about her botch (when it happned), led me to this:
https://twitter.com/i/status/1496890466595315715

Soldato
certainly doesn't have the polish of the others, i can see why they put the title on her but i think there are countless others who would be far more deserving and put on far better matches. They seem to me making the whole thing about her strength and domination but i'm not sure Kris Statlander isn't stronger than her, and she's got far more personality and talent, some of her matches have been belters.

Soldato
She is good considering how new she is, but she's as inexperienced as she is because she only wrestles on AEW's limited number of shows.
She's inexperienced because she's only been doing it a year. And her progress has been incredible. (her wealth is substantially due to her partner being a retired MLB player)

Silly mistakes happen in matches, just watch Botchamania, but let's not start using posts from the online cottage industry of weirdos highlighting every AEW botch (even the planned ones!) to try to make an incorrect point about them specifically.

Besides which, it's probably not the best day to champion WWE's way of doing things (house shows and such), with Big E having just had his neck broken on a really badly performed suplex by a guy who's been in their Performance Centre for 4 years.

Soldato
Agree that injuries happen. Always have and always will. It's a very physical profession whatever way you look at it. However, its damage limitation and training and experience will give you that. I don't really have much of an issue with using Jade as this amazing looking killing machine. She's basically the female Goldberg. Don't forget Goldberg won the title 9 months into his career. The big difference is Goldberg had 3 or 4 moves, took little to no offence from his opponent and WCW made sure the match was done in less than 6 or 7 minutes. AEW should be doing the same, anything more just exposes her.

Associate
Agree that injuries happen. Always have and always will. It's a very physical profession whatever way you look at it. However, its damage limitation and training and experience will give you that. I don't really have much of an issue with using Jade as this amazing looking killing machine. She's basically the female Goldberg. Don't forget Goldberg won the title 9 months into his career. The big difference is Goldberg had 3 or 4 moves, took little to no offence from his opponent and WCW made sure the match was done in less than 6 or 7 minutes. AEW should be doing the same, anything more just exposes her.

Exactly. I don't hate Jade. I quite like her, but she needs experience and she isn't just getting enough of it, so in the mean time, make her a killer.

Associate
She's inexperienced because she's only been doing it a year. And her progress has been incredible. (her wealth is substantially due to her partner being a retired MLB player)

Silly mistakes happen in matches, just watch Botchamania, but let's not start using posts from the online cottage industry of weirdos highlighting every AEW botch (even the planned ones!) to try to make an incorrect point about them specifically.

Besides which, it's probably not the best day to champion WWE's way of doing things (house shows and such), with Big E having just had his neck broken on a really badly performed suplex by a guy who's been in their Performance Centre for 4 years.

Except Ridge hasn't spent most of that time actually training. He was in NXT UK for a while, but not sure if they had a performance centre at that time. Then NXT UK got completely shutdown becuase of the pandemic, where there were no shows (and not much training at the PC). He then shifted to NXT, and almost immediately got injured and was gone for 8 or so months. As soon as he came back, they put him on the mian roster. Not a shinning example of NXT, PC, or house shows. They only reason he's still around, is that he has the look Vince likes. He really did need more time actually trianing at NXT UK before even getting called up to NXT, but he's pretty old already at 32, and with more time in NXT/UK he would have been mid-30's by the time be made his way to main roster. Vince pulled the plug and brought him up much too soon.

Not sure if he is cut-out to be a wrestler, as his background is Rugby, where apparently he got fired for being 'too violent', or atleast thats what the commentators say. I take that to mean, he was careless.

Soldato
Sounds like there's some bad news going to hit about Scott Hall. He went in for hip surgery, had 3 heart attacks and is on life support. Apparently they're gathering his family and are going to decide to turn off the life support :(

Associate
I watched the Big Geordie podcast last night as he was interviewing The Undertaker specifically about wrestling. Well worth a watch. Taker seems to have (hopefully) come to the realisation that his body just isn't up to it any more.

Soldato
I watched the Big Geordie podcast last night as he was interviewing The Undertaker specifically about wrestling. Well worth a watch. Taker seems to have (hopefully) come to the realisation that his body just isn't up to it any more.

Didn't that happen about 4 years ago when he had that first Wrestlemania match with Reigns and the abomination of a match with Goldberg?

Back
Top Bottom