The bodily changes of getting older

Permabanned
The past few weeks i've been having trouble with my bladder and I'm putting it down to just getting older now.
While I'm awake and up and about during the evening I don't have to pee the much....well maybe more than the norm about once and hour but I do have a constant sports direct mug of tea next to me.
So the past few weeks i've found myself having to get up 3 times every night to go to the loo, it's getting a bit annoying as i'm lay there all snug thinking about how long it'll be before i'll have to get up again.
Does thinking about having to go make you go more frequent as well?

That's the main one getting to me but there are many others, like going bald which I'm not dealing with gracefully, I've tried the regaine mousse spray thing but I knew it was a waste of time. lol

I can't eat as much junk as I used to be able to as it seem my body just stores the excess more these days...

What are the rest of you old folks going through?

Man of Honour
Yep, same.

Put on weight easily
Need the loo frequently
Bald
Whatever isn't bald grows manically (eyebrows, chest) and going grey
Old injuries start hurting again
New injuries take forever to heal
Both long and short eyesight deteriorating
Cant read stuff in low light
Tinnitus and struggle to separate some sounds
Hangovers make drinking not worth it
Short tempered :)

Getting old is great.

Soldato
The past few weeks i've been having trouble with my bladder and I'm putting it down to just getting older now.
While I'm awake and up and about during the evening I don't have to pee the much....well maybe more than the norm about once and hour but I do have a constant sports direct mug of tea next to me.
So the past few weeks i've found myself having to get up 3 times every night to go to the loo, it's getting a bit annoying as i'm lay there all snug thinking about how long it'll be before i'll have to get up again.

That's the main one getting to me but there are many others, like going bald which I'm not dealing with gracefully, I've tried the regaine mousse spray thing but I knew it was a waste of time. lol

I can't eat as much junk as I used to be able to as it seem my body just stores the excess more these days...

Get a prostate check up. Just ask your GP. I had one at 65, similar symptoms, needing to pee in the night, sometimes an effort to get it all out. Long story short, I had a cancer which was not aggressive at the time, but could have gone that way.
Chances are that it is not that and I will not discuss medical outcomes but to be on the safe side just have the check up.

@Hades I still have my hair and am growing it to the annoyance if my wife.:)

Permabanned

Well, I'm trying to go through the bint up the road, but not had any success so far.

The weight gain sounds familiar though. Hair loss is occurring, I just accept it as one of those things alongside not being able to do such strenuous physical tasks as I could ten years ago, but that's what a younger wife is for, of course. She's doing something in the garden with a spade as I consider opening a tinny.

Caporegime
40 and the fittest i have ever been, and i have always been active. Most people thst conplain about old sge in their 40s are just living s horrible éige of zero exercise and bad diet. The fittest people i know are all in the ir 40s and 50s, and plenty of people in their 60s sre far faster than me in my races (ultras).

i do need to pee in the night but it 100% down to coffee and or alcohol. I tend to detox regularly before competitions or hesvy training and i cut almost all coffee and alcohol, then i sleep like a log all night 9-10 hours.
1 simple trick is simply to have 1 coffee early in the morning. It wont impact much by the evening.

Weight gain doesn't change, thsh is purely calories in vs out, whatever some internet based pseudo-science diet suggests.

Soldato
Almost 40, oh dear lord.

tinnitus full time, ruins your quality of life

bad back for no obvious reason

put on weight easy, hard to get off

much less energy, more tired with slower recovery

eyes are worse

balding, this is horrible to experience

always had a weak bladder so not much change there, dont drink after 6 PM

get injuries much easier, you start to do some jogging or whatever and bam your knee or ankle or whatever gets some odd issue that never used to happen when young

getting older sucks

but the way i look at it is everyday you dont have Cancer is a good day

Caporegime
aldo, there are changes as you get older. E.g., definitely can't get as drunk without serious hangover. Hsir starts growing in weird places, but no loss up top (this is largely genetic)

Permabanned
OP
Well, I'm trying to go through the bint up the road, but not had any success so far.

The weight gain sounds familiar though. Hair loss is occurring, I just accept it as one of those things alongside not being able to do such strenuous physical tasks as I could ten years ago, but that's what a younger wife is for, of course. She's doing something in the garden with a spade as I consider opening a tinny.

Tell me more about the old bint lol :p

Man of Honour
Just stop drinking a few hours before you go to bed...

Aside from things like cancer, needing the toilet a lot at night can often be due to diet - irregular eating and snacking, etc. good regulation of when and how much sugar(s) you consume can make a big difference.

Caporegime
Nearing 40, weight is hard to keep off and knees hurt.

Then stop piping off your lovers! Sheesh.

One of my knees is knackered but that's an injury, the main thing I've noticed is muscles stiffening up rapidly. If I stay in one position for any length of time at all it takes me about 5 mins of movement to free myself up!

Soldato
Well I'm 45 and still can't grow a full beard, it will get there one day theoretically one hair at a time so i guess i must be a late developer.

Caporegime
Whatever isn't bald grows manically (eyebrows, chest) and going grey

I suffer awfully from this.

One my mother's side of the family most of the blokes are bald, and on my father's side they all go grey with hair that seems to just grow at random all over them, my one uncle's eyebrows could probably provide UV protection for a small country. I seem to be going the same way, bald and grey :(

Back
Top Bottom