The Book of Boba Fett - Star Wars Series (Disney)

Soldato
Overall I enjoyed it, at the end of the day it’s not a serious piece of television and is very much the sort of thing that you sit down after a days work to chill out. Sure I might miss the odd bit of fan service or Easter eggs but not sitting there and giving it 100% of my undivided attention but it’s just not that sort of show.

I think I said before, Grogu is literally an ATM machine for Disney at this point. The end was just :p

I’m not sure those that keep saying the sheriff is dead watched to the end, we will be certainly seeing more of him.

I’ve updated my stars ratings:
Empire
Hope
Jedi
Mando
Mando side quest (boba)
Phantom (yup, that’s correct, best action sequence in any Star Wars movie IMO, the accompanying music was just delightful)
Clones
Sith
Awakens
Skywalker

Last Jedi

I’ve not watched the animated shows so I’ve not included them yet.

Soldato
On balance I think it was just about worth it having to sit through 4 and a bit episodes of Boba Fett to see 2 and a bit episodes of The Mandolorian, just. My interest in Boba Fett as a character and as a basis for Star Wars story definitely peaked in Ep 4 though, with the back story development, the final episode was just a collection of bits for want of a better word. Wouldn't be surprised if that was going to be it for a Boba centric series.

Soldato
I wonder what it would have been like if he’d just kept his damn helmet on the entire time besides the sand people part. Saying that, that part combined with his bright white teeth I found hilarious.

The Mandalorian parts were far and away the best bits.

Caporegime
Overall enjoyed the finale. They resolved the story they setup with very little surprises. It was a bit rubbish that Grogu saves the day somewhat, but i'll live with it!

If they had condensed the Mando stuff to 1 episode, and spent the extra episode on Boba I think it would have been a bit better, as this weeks content could easily have been expanded to fit 2 x 45 min episodes or similar.

I suspect if there was no Mando show and BoBF was the first live action series, our expectations would have been different. But the Boba show is firmly based on 1 planet and is a much "tighter" story compared to Mando and Grogu exploring the galaxy and having new enemies each week!

Anyway......roll on May 25th.....for Obi-Wan Kenobi!

rp2000

Soldato
meh, i thought it was a bit crap. they really want us to like those mods but they are embarrassingly bad.

the only two good eps were mando episodes.
i think i'm just sick of star wars at this point, its outlived itself.

Soldato
Then stop watching it :p

Its like reading the Star Trek discovery/Picard thread after each episode the same people posting over and over that it’s rubbish but keep tuning in each week to watch it. Madness.

Caporegime
I think it was enjoyable, I was never bored but in a way it does feel like they had ran out of ideas fairly early on. Now that it's over, it seems like it was nothing more than a vehicle as a supporting show to the Mandolorian as opposed to a show on equal footing.

Maybe a bonus. Think how terrible rangers of the Republic could have been..... Those 2 X Wing cops and Cara dune in high jinks cops and robbers capers... Kidified to oblivion

Soldato
Overall enjoyed the finale. They resolved the story they setup with very little surprises. It was a bit rubbish that Grogu saves the day somewhat, but i'll live with it!

If they had condensed the Mando stuff to 1 episode, and spent the extra episode on Boba I think it would have been a bit better, as this weeks content could easily have been expanded to fit 2 x 45 min episodes or similar.

I suspect if there was no Mando show and BoBF was the first live action series, our expectations would have been different. But the Boba show is firmly based on 1 planet and is a much "tighter" story compared to Mando and Grogu exploring the galaxy and having new enemies each week!

Anyway......roll on May 25th.....for Obi-Wan Kenobi!

rp2000

They really should have released it on May 4th :D

Anyway, enjoyed it the finale for what it was. It was disappointing that there was not really any surprise cameos. characters or story threads to follow onto Mando S3. Ah well.

Soldato
Ah I forgot about Solo and Rogue one in my rating list.

Solo was pretty good by all accounts. Rouge one was better mind and a beautiful film from an aesthetic perspective. Only really let down by a few wooden lines and a dodgy CGI face that had 2 seconds of screen time.

Is Ewan back for the Obi one series? I’ve not really been paying attention to it and generally prefer to just go in cold.

Man of Honour
As before I think one of the problems with it is they are trying to please/appeal to quite a wide audience - both adult and child, hardcore Star Wars fans from different angles as well as those with a more passing interest, and those who might have no real interest/experience in Star Wars at all.

Again there were a few bits I just had to acknowledge was "for the kids" and try and ignore but at least it wasn't as pants on head levels of stupid as the last two movies.

Solo was pretty good by all accounts

There is still some utterly poor stuff in it but some better stuff as well - I get the feeling Ron Howard had an uphill task to get that movie onto something of a good footing.

Last edited:
Soldato
No Rogue One?

Ah I forgot about Solo and Rogue one in my rating list.

Solo was pretty good by all accounts. Rouge one was better mind and a beautiful film from an aesthetic perspective. Only really let down by a few wooden lines and a dodgy CGI face that had 2 seconds of screen time.

Insert Rogue One between Mando and Mando side quest. Insert Solo after the Phantom Menace. :)

Caporegime
Meh... I enjoyed every episode up until the finale. Didn't feel like Star Wars at all. Almost seemed like one of those low budget straight to DVD action films.

Back
Top Bottom