The Book of Boba Fett - Star Wars Series (Disney)

Caporegime
Or...send the incredible assassin after them first, before the battle even gets started.

Or...when going back to Jabbas palace for backup, bring your incredibly well armored ship instead of a vulnerable baby rancor.

And if those points were to be followed there would be no show if we're going to follow the thing to do that makes more sense.

Associate
Yep, it reminded me a bit of that LOTR comedy alternative where they should have just flown on the griffons to mount doom and drop the ring in….

Boba and Mando trapped in cantina like butch and sundance. No chance of escape, so decide to go out all guns blazing. FLY out with jet packs, but rather than continuing to get away, land and start getting shot :cry:

Caporegime
But tactically, both Boba and the Mandalorian looked like complete idiots.

And they are supposed to be veterans of many battles.

I think the point behind them standing and fighting was giving the others a chance to get to cover while they take out as many as they can. If they just fly away they still have to take down the same amount of enemies, they know they can take a beating because of their armour, and presumably its harder to be accurate while flying around on a jetpack than on your feet. If not then the jetpack would just be a convenient get out of dodge tool for virtually any fight and would quickly become redundant if not used sparingly.

Soldato
I think the point behind them standing and fighting was giving the others a chance to get to cover while they take out as many as they can. If they just fly away they still have to take down the same amount of enemies, they know they can take a beating because of their armour, and presumably its harder to be accurate while flying around on a jetpack than on your feet. If not then the jetpack would just be a convenient get out of dodge tool for virtually any fight and would quickly become redundant if not used sparingly.
At one point it was just him, Mando and the councillor though and I don't think they cared about him. They could have just flown off, regrouped and take them down like the bounty hunters they're supposed to be. They're assassins, not foot soldiers. The option they chose was to stay there and die out of 'honour' for the people of the city as if that's a better option than flying off elsewhere.

Caporegime
At one point it was just him, Mando and the councillor though and I don't think they cared about him. They could have just flown off, regrouped and take them down like the bounty hunters they're supposed to be. They're assassins, not foot soldiers. The option they chose was to stay there and die out of 'honour' for the people of the city as if that's a better option than flying off elsewhere.

But all that does is make the jetpack a convenience that can be the answer to a load of situations which in a TV show would get tedious. If the jetpack were to be used to its fullest you'd barely see them on foot in any fire fights due to having the advantage of height utilising the jetpack, and that would get old fast. The jetpack causes more issues than it solves storyline wise as they have to temper its use which leads to "why didn't they use the jetpack" questions.

The only assassin in the show is fennec, mando and fett are bounty hunters with fett being more soldier like due to Jango fighting in the wars and Boba learning his trade in his early years from Jango.

Soldato
But all that does is make the jetpack a convenience that can be the answer to a load of situations which in a TV show would get tedious. If the jetpack were to be used to its fullest you'd barely see them on foot in any fire fights due to having the advantage of height utilising the jetpack, and that would get old fast.

The only assassin in the show is fennec, mando and fett are bounty hunters with fett being more soldier like due to Jango fighting in the wars and Boba learning his trade in his early years from Jango.
I'd rather a convenience than a completely contrived plot that makes absolutely no sense. Write it so the jetpacks can't be a Deus Ex Machina. Have them fight in confined spaces. Have the droids pick them out the sky with ease. Anything but the "I'd rather die fur mah peepul. Yeah me too felllow mandalorian" *****.

We see Jango literally act like an assassin at the start of Episode 2. He only fights (and dies) at the end because he underestimated the Jedi. A few fish and two droids that couldn't hit a barn door are hardly comparable.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I'd rather a convenience than a completely contrived plot that makes absolutely no sense. Write it so the jetpacks can't be a Deus Ex Machina. Have them fight in confined spaces. Have the droids pick them out the sky with ease. Anything but the "I'd rather die fur mah peepul. Yeah me too felllow mandalorian" *****.

We see Jango literally act like an assassin at the start of Episode 2. He only fights (and dies) at the end because he underestimated the Jedi. A few fish and two droids that couldn't hit a barn door are hardly comparable.

Then you're going down the road of them having them fight in specific locations time and time again or having the right type of droid to take them down. There's never going to be a good way of taking the convenience away from the jetpack unless you remove it entirely. It'll always be "why didn't they do this or that etc". That's really just the way of it, nomatter what's scripted people will call bs and go down the road of "why didn't they".

As for Jango yeah you do see him doing the assassin bit, that's long after the Mandalorian wars he fought in. And Jango dies because he got run over and his plot convenience device got damaged so he couldn't escape.

Soldato
Then you're going down the road of them having them fight in specific locations time and time again or having the right type of droid to take them down. There's never going to be a good way of taking the convenience away from the jetpack unless you remove it entirely. It'll always be "why didn't they do this or that etc". That's really just the way of it, nomatter what's scripted people will call bs and go down the road of "why didn't they".
Again, anything is better than whatever the hell that crapshoot was. Especially when, you know, they ******* flew away anyway.

Soldato
Case in point: Storm Trooper armour that's as effective as papier mache, yet they all still wear it. :p
I was more concerned with the fact that
Grogu's vision/memory showed not only jedi not blocking every laser shot but also storm troopers actually hitting a target...we all know they can't do that lol

Soldato
It was enjoyable until the final episode which was just awful

What's the point in those massive droids with massive guns who have a worse aim than Stormtroopers and despite their size do less damage than a blaster ?

Also why'd they turn Boba from a badass mysterious bounty hunter into a big softy probable vegan ?

Caporegime
I was more concerned with the fact that
Grogu's vision/memory showed not only jedi not blocking every laser shot but also storm troopers actually hitting a target...we all know they can't do that lol

Clone troops are not storm troopers :p
Also it was the 501st Anakin's own. The best :p

Soldato
I was surprised that not a single one of the bounty hunters, mods, assassin or other fighters knew the simple secret technique to blowing up a Star Wars droid with a shield using a thermal detonator. ;)

Soldato
I dunno why some of you are whining & complaining, I thought it was brilliant, but then I'm a SW nerd (except EpVII & Jar Jar Binks) this is aimed at kids new to SW, their parents who grew up watching watching EpI/II/III and their Grandparents (Im in this age category) who grew up watching EpIV/V still the best/IV.

Faverau wrote it with someone like me in mind i'm certain :p

Soldato
I dunno why some of you are whining & complaining, I thought it was brilliant, but then I'm a SW nerd (except EpVII & Jar Jar Binks) this is aimed at kids new to SW, their parents who grew up watching watching EpI/II/III and their Grandparents (Im in this age category) who grew up watching EpIV/V still the best/IV.

Faverau wrote it with someone like me in mind i'm certain :p

I really enjoyed it too, yes there was some cheesy stuff and could do without the mods on their space lambrettas but you always get some junk in every SW. I grew up on the originals and they weren't perfect, the ewoks were crap even back then.

Overall it was great, really like a lot of the characters, can't believe they got me caring about tusken raiders!

It makes me laugh when people complain about continuity and this droid can't do that... Is like some people missed Simpsons in the 90s... :D

Back
Top Bottom