1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Boris Johnson Premiership (24/07/2019 - ????)

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by chrismscotland, Jul 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Greebo

Caporegime

Agreed this is correct but how does pcfarrar know his Gramdma is voting Labour?

2. joey1211

Mobster

Feels

3. VincentHanna

Capodecina

He never replied to my message about how he knows and why he hasn't reported voter fraud to the police.

4. joey1211

Mobster

Throw enough of it at the wall and eventually some sticks

5. JeditOjanen

Mobster

I'm not going to ask if you're sure, but I did look up the procedure before I posted as I thought what pcfarrar was saying couldn't be right and it didn't mention the accompanying form. It does make sense, though - I just obviously never see them because I work the count.

Either way, the point still stands: the only people who should know what was on his gran's ballot are her and a person who helped her complete the form if it was necessary to do so. So unless her proxy came up to pcfarrar and told him he had stolen her vote, presumably twirling his moustaches like a serial villain as he did so, pcfarrar must be lying.

6. Mercenary Keyboard Warrior

Sgarrista

I assume its the same for all votes across all constituencies. Certainly has been for all the types I have completed.

You get an envelope. Inside that envelope are two more envelopes (A&B), and your polling sheet (roughly A3 folded in half and pre perforated) to complete. This you have to tear into sections, so depends on exactly what your voting on.

You then complete the voting slip and put that in one envelope (call it A but i forget which way round the lettering is), and seal it.
    You then sign the attached section of the sheet, and put that along with the other envelope into B. The piece you sign is already addressed to where it needs to go back to.
    Then you post B.

Now I have no idea what happens specifically after this, my assumption is the clerk upon receiving the envelope (B opens it) and validates the signature against the records. And then either 1 accepts the form as passed, or 2 rejects (maybe to be revalidated or something), but potentially rejects the vote as not appearing to match.
    I assume at this point the vote remains sealed but is passed to the actual count (assuming it was deemed ok) to be opened when the official count commences. Your point of view from what happens at the actual count may support or reject that.

7. Evangelion

Capodecina

8. robfosters

Caporegime

You’ve just got listen for five minutes to Angela Rayner ranting like an old washerwoman to realise why so many people would rather the likes of Boris, Sajid and Priti than Jeremy, John and Dianne. Truly awful proposition.

9. FortuitousFluke

Mobster

Well they've not unlawfully prorogued parliament, thrown away a majority in favour of a zombie government, failed spectacularly to get the majority of their legislation passed, been caught in a sex and funding scandal, breached the ministerial code, or allowed an unelected stooge to co-opt their government. But yeah, you're right, Angela Rayner is annoying so go Tories!

10. robgmun

Capodecina

She's also, like most Labour MP's, a massive hypocrite and thick as two short planks

11. StriderX

Capodecina

So like most Tories then?

12. robgmun

Capodecina

She and those on the front Labour bench are on a whole other level

In other news at least we can carry on having a **** without whipping out our Credit Card

13. Tony Edwards

Mobster

But you do accept that it was due to it being fraught with problems rather than the liberalness of Boris right?

Although it wouldnt surprise me if most of the new ministers lobby against the ID requirment for the personal reason of a friend.

14. CaptainRAVE

Man of Honour

He might just pull this off.

15. FTM

Soldato

yep...by moving the border to the irish sea...exactly as the EU had suggested in the first place. I can only assume Boris cares less about the DUP and will try to persuade the ERG its the way to get this through

16. RedvGreen

Mobster

When faced with the dawning realisation that they will have to come clean about their offshore wealth and face taxation on it, I'm sure that will focus the mind.

17. JeditOjanen

Mobster

The only thing he's pulling is the vote, if any amendments are proposed. Which means he knows his deal cannot pass unamended.

18. dowie

Caporegime

I dunno, with the DUP potential supporting the CU and/or some rebel Tories maybe doing so then he could get completely ****ed over tomorrow - it will be a bit close if he can get away without an amendment to scupper it and a new delay/potentially GE by December.

19. a1ex2001

Capodecina

The customs union amendment I would expect to pass if labour whip it given the previous level of support and the second referendum would be similarly close depending on the DUP’s stance. Interesting day ahead and he might just make it and would have been even more likely to if he dropped the 31st deadline and acted like a rational man he is very close in the numbers but the undue haste for an arbitrary date chosen by the EU is doing him no favours.

20. FoxEye

Capodecina

I think I've seen enough of Boris an co now, to realise he's not a harmless, bumbling buffoon, but a deeply sinister individual who should never be anywhere near high office in this country.

A true wolf in sheep's clothing. A dictator in the making. He doesn't seem to have any morals/scruples. Being PM is just another game to satisfy his own ego (in fact Cummings even said this, didn't he...that they'd "planned everything out and were enjoying the game".)

And he's found roughly 300 people in the Tory party ready to help him create his new world order. A scary thought indeed.

Who the heck knows where this country could end up under his control. I think we'll probably end up engaged in a race to the bottom in terms of employment regulation, whilst he woos the likes of Amazon with cheap, expendable labour. And who knows what'll get thrown under the bus to make his great trade deal with the US, etc. It could be literally anything; it's not like he'd personally suffer any ill effects.

The stupid thing is, and here I really just don't understand my fellow man, no matter what he does the Tories will still enjoy massive support from working class people, whose interests his party don't even pretend to serve. Like down here in Cornwall, where we have (relatively) high deprivation, yet reliably vote Tory now, ever since the LibDems folded.

This country is broken.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.