The Boys (Amazon Prime)

Soldato
If he's as powerful as Homelander that would further bork any remaining shreds of the comics central plotline. I enjoy the show but it uses the comic as a wardrobe department and barely seems to be holding any of the central themes or plot devices of the comic. Admittedly the comic was not suitable for TV and needed heavy rework but they have ploughed many of the supporting elements of the overarching plot into the ground, I worry that without a sustaining overarching plot some of these shows come seriously unstuck and would prefer that not happen to The Boys

Soldato
Looks like we're getting a bit more in line with the comics
I think the horse may have bolted on that one. Hard to see how you can get back to the slowly ratchetting Cold War of the comics from this. I loved the way the comic plot dripped in the details all leading to the final act. If that's what they're doing on this show it's passing me by.

Soldato
I think the horse may have bolted on that one. Hard to see how you can get back to the slowly ratchetting Cold War of the comics from this. I loved the way the comic plot dripped in the details all leading to the final act. If that's what they're doing on this show it's passing me by.
I only really meant in terms of them getting V.

Soldato
(Never read the comics so I have nothing to compare it to)

Really looking forward to this.

I am not sure what I think about Billy and the boys getting into Compound V, part of the thrill was their vulnerability to the supes.

However regardless this is a must watch.

The season 2 ending was fantastic, and the whole other tangent that Victoria Neuman could bring to Season 3 could make it brilliant TV.

Soldato
OP
I think if I hear good things about season 3, will go back and grind through season 2 :) I have a feeling they didn't really have anywhere left to go with it though.

Wrote themselves into a corner with the end of S1 and effectively took a huge swathe of story they could use from the comics out of action, very short sighted.

I genuinely feel S3 will get it back to what it's needs to be, I am ready to be disappointed though.

Back
Top Bottom