The Boys (Amazon Prime)

Soldato
Okay, so even with the warning I didn't expect full frontal male nudity, a bit of me too action and so much anti-hero violence in the first episode! Damn, I like this show's style! :D

Soldato
That looks good. I'll definitely give that a try when it's released. It reminds me of a darker version of Sanderson's 'Reckoners' trilogy.

I wasn't aware of The Boys and the background until I saw the Amazon trailers. When I did, I too immediately thought of Sanderson's trilogy, which I really enjoyed. Only finished it last year.

Soldato
I finished last night, what an utterly fantastic series, 8 episodes wasn't enough, I want more and the season ending was brilliant, will be interesting to see how much it changes Butcher in season 2

Also, nobody seems to know, but what the hell is up with the weird fly and in your face buzzing, it's clearly intentional but no idea the relevance

Soldato
Finally some show where people do actually die and there is some blood and other adult content. Was fun to watch too. Highly recommended to watch.

Associate
I binge read all 70+ comics over the last few weeks prior to watching the series, Its amazing how much of the OSM has been changed for the TV series but still manages to keep it close enough to be recognisable as 'The Boys'.

Im looking forward to s2!!

Soldato
OP
@ElliorR Considering some of the other things that Homelander does in the comics, the latter you posted there is quite tame. ;)

Although not illustrated, Homelander has raped children and babies and there is even a picture of him ripping a baby apart with his teeth. Although that last one might have been Stormfront, not entirely sure.

Soldato
@ElliorR Considering some of the other things that Homelander does in the comics, the latter you posted there is quite tame. ;)

Although not illustrated, Homelander has raped children and babies and there is even a picture of him ripping a baby apart with his teeth. Although that last one might have been Stormfront, not entirely sure.

It was the 'other' Homelander

Soldato
OP
@Uncle Petey

I thought that was just the rape of Butchers wife which he absolutely doesn't remember, I had assumed most of the other despicable acts were genuinely him?

I could have course be wrong as i'd read the series fairly late each night before nodding off to sleep.

Back
Top Bottom