1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Brexit Party

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by Mr Badger, May 8, 2019.

1. thenewoc

Mobster

I've answered various questions many many times, you can look at my previous replies using the forum tools. It's a different proposition with a party pledging to actually do something rather than settle for the status quo which doesn't require that party to do anything other than be a bunch of 'Yes' men / women.

2. Murphy

Wise Guy

If you bothered to engage in the questions people raised then perhaps we'd get onto that, you know things like why you think it's democratic when one side has been charged with breaking electoral law, information law, and is currently being investigated for links to international criminal activity and suspected Russian interference.

3. Cern

Mobster

Use of the term "option" would suggest there's an alternative. So, what is this alternative to a WTO exit, or are we essentially talking about WTO being a last resort?

Except you haven't, you've answered nothing, repeatedly, endlessly. You've just parroted a load of vague BP waffle and soundbites. These are not answers and if you truly believe they are then you've been totally hoodwinked.

For example, what does "We will transition to a global trade nation with better control of our borders and immigration" actually mean in practice?

You do realise the UK is already a global trade nation and that we already have control of our borders and immigration policy? So these are just populist soundbites with no substance, aimed at winning some votes. Such waffle is not a blueprint for how this country moves forwards and thrives once all the benefits of EU membership have been stripped away and bridges burned by a disruptive and economically damaging WTO / No Deal exit. It does not explain the practicalities of how people live, work, trade, travel and do business across our borders in the future. It is waffle.

So how will this "global trade nation" work exactly? What do you envisage being able to "make our own trade deals" will allow the UK to do that it cannot already?

4. thenewoc

Mobster

Yes it has been explained multiple times and I've taken the time to explain that it starts with the only democratic vehicle that exists at this moment in time, being the EU election and the point of delivering a strong mandate in that election.

5. doodah

Capodecina

Seriously mods - they are just an RSS feed unable to answer basic questions. This is SC!

Oh lord, please tell us why Leadsom is a good fit?

Left wing arm? Wasn't it you moaning about hyperbolic people were in here and hysterical?

Last edited: May 21, 2019
  6. Murphy

Wise Guy

No you haven't, not once have you explained HOW the BP intend to deliver on these marvelous 'pledges' and if i had to guess it's probably because you don't have an answer and you know full well that by trying to answer the BP and your support for them would fall apart.

7. Freakbro

Capodecina

Something else I have noticed about thenewoc's posts, he always regurgitates a point or soundbite someone else has brought up a little time before, which just shows he has no original thoughts in his head and does literally just regurgitate soundbites

eg

There are more examples, they are just the ones I remember recently

It's like debating with a badly written algorithm that has standard cut and paste responses

8. thenewoc

Mobster

It's about honouring the 2016 referendum and 2017 GE and parliament triggering Art.50.

9. Murphy

Wise Guy

Are you a robot or something, is it that you're not reading what people are saying and are just copying & pasting from a big list that the Kremlin has given you?

How about actually answering this?

If you bothered to engage in the questions people raised then perhaps we'd get onto that, you know things like why you think it's democratic when one side has been charged with breaking electoral law, information law, and is currently being investigated for links to international criminal activity and suspected Russian interference.

10. thenewoc

Mobster

That's probably because you keep asking for a fully detailed description of WTO which I'm not here to give. I've given my interpretation of what leaving the EU offers and that will have to do you. The issue is who is campaigning to leave the EU in the current EU election, answer: The Brexit Party and UKIP.

11. thenewoc

Mobster

I just have in the post above and you accuse me of not reading. The Brexit Party didn't even exist in the 2016 referendum or the 2017 GE. They are however campaigning on the basis that they are the ones pledging to leave the EU on WTO so that is the choice you have if you want us to leave the EU you know who to vote for.

12. Murphy

Wise Guy

So you freely admit that you're not hear to contribute to this thread in a constructive manner and discuss subjects with people, you're just hear to regurgitate the same old tired waffle.

13. Freakbro

Capodecina

a) that has nothing to do with my post (which nicely backs up my post thank you) and b) no we aren't you are just being asked to explain the economic benefits of going to WTO and then starting to negotiate a trade deal

Yes you have given a standard response that has nothing to do with the questions you are asked, because you haven't got a ******* clue what you are talking about

Yep, and between those two they aren't going to get the majority of MEPs, so I say that's a pretty clear message the populous don't want to leave the EU anymore

14. thenewoc

Mobster

No previous claims that WTO was not on the table were false and I produced the following post showing so with relevant sources.

I've answered this point already when chroniclard brought up the same false allegation, so here it is again if you could actually read and digest it this time...

Whereas previously you'd rather just rewrite history and not accept that 'no deal' was always a very real part of leaving the EU since the Treaty of Lisbon came into effect in 2009 including the Art.50 clause, so a good 7 years prior to our referendum in 2016!

When you accept that parliament triggered Art.50 in full knowledge that 'no deal' was a possibility then you'll see why a huge amount of the UK population want to see democracy delivered and for us to actually leave the EU, this time via The Brexit Party's plan for a WTO exit.

15. footman

Mobster

There was never the option of staying in the single market without adhering to the EU rules about membership of the single market. No amount of blustering and threatening to walk away would have changed their position, that was made clear at the outset. It wouldn't have mattered if the Lord Almighty was conducting them on behalf of the UK.
    It was British exceptionalism and nationalism that led people like you to believe that we could have all the benefits of the single market without the obligations because we are the UK and we liberated Europe and they're all ungrateful wretches etc. etc.

16. Cern

Mobster

In other words, you couldn't answer my questions so thought you'd parrot out another meaningless soundbite that has no relevance to the questions asked. Gotcha. Keep up the good work for Nigel. By the way, are you lifting the waffle you're copy pasting in here from a BP resource, or is it all your own work? Either way, it's not standing up well to scrutiny is it?

17. thenewoc

Mobster

You've only selectively quoted some of my posts without what they were answering.

18. thenewoc

Mobster

You don't know that as the UK were told negotiations couldn't start until after Art.50 was triggered.

19. thenewoc

Mobster

No, I've answered the question as best as it can be at this stage because negotiations led by The Brexit Party have not begun.

20. chroniclard

Capodecina

No Deal was not actively promoted by any leave campaigners, therefore not many people actually voted for No Deal.

At least argue the point rather than making stuff up thats not relevant.