1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Brexit Party

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by Mr Badger, May 8, 2019.

1. thenewoc

Mobster

Kensington Olympia

2. doodah

Capodecina

That's a good one - apologies please tell me how posting a tweet (three times I believe) with little to opinion provides meaningful debate in SC?

And answer the other question - Leadsom? What qualities does she offer?

Furthermore - in posts #1043 + #1004 - you aren't responding/quoting anyone.....

3. thenewoc

Mobster

I'm not making anything up, you only have to look at the detail of Art.50 to know that leaving without a deal after 2 years of negotiating a WA was always there and MP's voted for it when they triggered the start of the Art.50 process.

4. thenewoc

Mobster

She's a brexiteer.

Also, same repeated questions are going to get the same answer since the answer isn't going to change just because you keep asking the same question. Who better to answer the question factually than a quote from the party themselves.

5. doodah

Capodecina

:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

Come on ladies and gent - we got them to finally answer a question albeit one of the limpest answers I have seen in SC. That's her redeeming quality?

Edit - yet you ignore the fact that without prompt or question you post RSS tweets with no debate or contribution....

6. thenewoc

Mobster

It's a good starting point if you're going to stand as a party on a manifesto to honour the 2016 referendum result and actually leave the EU.

7. thenewoc

Mobster

People are clearly trying to derail this thread so if you have questions about Brexit you should put them in the other thread and keep this one on topic to The Brexit Party.

8. loftie

Hitman

Ta!

9. doodah

Capodecina

I get you. I am going to vote for Boris because he's a man. I voted for Obama because he was mixed race. I voted Labour because they are red. When considering the next leader of the country - it's wise to get behind them on only one issue almost ignoring everything else.

Does she have a plan? What's her vision for the short, medium and long term? What can she offer that May can't?

Fairy-tales and feelings - that's the world we live in now.

To be fair, I don't think she's considerably worse than any one else. The majority of them are universally terrible, it's just that she seems to bring absolutely nothing to the table including her last attempt for the top job. And considering there are a number of Brexiteering front runners - I was perplexed why her with very little reasoning.

10. Murphy

Wise Guy

Do you even know what the word "how" means?

It seems just like the BP all you want to do is smash things but when it comes to actually making peoples lives better you refuse to man-up and just leave the hard work for other people. I know leave supporters say how remainers just moan, that they're traitors, enemies of the people, that they're trying to frustrate Brexit and all that but there is a saying that we see ourselves in others and I'm starting to wonder if all those tropes that leave supports trot out says far more about them than remain supporters as the only people i see moaning are leave supporters, it seems the only traitors are the people who want to break things without knowing how to put them back together, the enemies of the people maybe the ones who knowingly want to make their fellow country men poorer, that refuse to grow a pair and take responsibility for the actions they're advocating.

11. robgmun

Capodecina

Well if you didn't spout the same arugments again and again then you wouldn't get the same answer again and again

12. garnett

Mobster

[​IMG]

13. footman

Mobster

Are you seriously suggesting that we didn't know all about the maintenance of the integrity of the Single Market before Art. 50 was triggered? Since the UK was a major party in drafting the rules of the single market we knew all about it before the referendum and how it was indivisible, ie no cherry picking. Yes, you could have negotiated access just like Norway but it comes at a price. If the UK is not prepared to pay the price then no access under any circumstances and "hard brexiters" were not prepared to pay the price.

14. DarkHorizon472

Mobster

As you are a very keen and vocal supporter of the brexit party people are trying to understand the practical details of the brexit parties approach to brexit. The problem is you never answer the question asked or simply ignore it if it is inconvenient to answer, you may not have noticed you keep doing this. Such as you keep copy and pasting the same list of brexit party policy sound bites but never explain them.

For example two questions you have been asked numerous times but never answered, if you could answer them in detail it would help inform people and you will likely get more takers for the brexit party. Then people can ask further questions getting you more support.

Which EU legislation has caused significant economic damage to the UK ?

And since we already trade with numerous states outside the EU which significant trade deals do you mean that we are currently blocked from are greater than the trade benefits of EU membership ?

15. thenewoc

Mobster

No, i'm obviously saying there's a difference between knowing what the present rules on the single market are and a set of negotiations specifically around the UK's future relationship with the EU.

16. footman

Mobster

What ever we negotiate "specifically" about our future relationship we knew exactly what we would have to do to retain membership of the Single Market, we helped to make the rules remember? You talk about "present rules" as if somehow the UK could negotiate these rules away. It must have come as a big shock to the "they need us etc." brand of brexiter.

17. The_Abyss

Capodecina

I raised a articulated point with the moderators team about the poor quality and slipping standards of SC, as it is now basically GD but for just a few specific topics.

Completely ignored.

Moderating this forum is very difficult with the pace that it moves, but at the moment there’s little point having the forum at all.

If people cannot or choose not to debate and instead just repeatedly post garbage and unsubstantiated opinion, they need to be removed, no matter what the topic or view.

18. chroniclard

Capodecina

Again you ignore the point. :)

19. thenewoc

Mobster

I'm not ignoring anything, you're ignoring the truth which I've provided a well reasoned answer backed up by the sources I've quoted.

20. Orionaut

Soldato

It is the nature of Political debates (Like religious debates) for people to become irrational .

This doesn't mean that people are wrong, just that how people feel is at least as important, and in many cases more so, than cold analytical facts.

You either have to accept this. not have these sorts of debates at all, or perhaps have yet another forum specially for them.