1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Brexit Party

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by Mr Badger, May 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. a1ex2001

Capodecina

Big surprise as privileged rich person tries to get even richer from those less fortunate and sees no issue with it!

Vote brexit the party of the people lol

2. garnett

Mobster

The apples have not fallen far from the tree, have they? Jacob and Annunziata both seeking to ride the coat tails of their father and his philosophy...

[​IMG]

Both clearly hoping to cause blood in the streets that they can then profit from.

3. Murphy

Mobster

Not Nigel, he's a real man of the people, he even bothers to have a nice chat with 'normal' folk while they're having tea.

What do you mean 'normal' folks don't have tea parties at the Ritz Hotel, sure a Scientologist who spreads CT and is friends with Putin was there but that just goes to show how diverse the BP is, and just because it was hosted by a nice lady who endorsed the rivers of blood speech and said ethnic diversity is a problem doesn't mean the BP is racist. ;)

4. thenewoc

Mobster

It did, we agree :) Vince Cable was totally for being undemocratic and revoking Art.50. Where I do respect him is at least he has an opinion to stand up and be counted for unlike the Conservatives and Labour that just have very split parties.

Farage didn't splutter anything, very clear and concise points and answers, he doesn't support a 2nd referendum because everyone made it clear that the referendum was a one off for 10's of years. Therefore it was very clear that tomorrows vote and what The Brexit Party are offering is for democracy being upheld and changing politics for good since they are also the party advocating major reforms to UK political system.

It was also very telling when the point about British Steel arose since Nigel I believe is in favour of a Government bailout but as he pointed out, Government is currently at the mercy of the European Commission on delivering bailouts and Vince when pushed confirmed that.

5. Mercenary Keyboard Warrior

Sgarrista

Sure thats another way of doing it. The single transferable vote does exactly the same.
    But neither have the leave vote split, which was the point incorrectly being made.

6. DarkHorizon472

Mobster

No one made it clear this was a one off referendum for 10’s of years, it was not on the voting papers. This is just another simple political prop to stop further democratic accountability on brexit. By continually trying to block democracy unless it suits them it is the very opposite of democracy.

7. VincentHanna

Capodecina

Farage didn't make that clear, if the outcome was going to be close: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36306681

8. JRS

Capodecina

I'm not sure that they did, given your own dear Farage's proclamation that 52-48 in favour of Remain would be unfinished business...

52-48 in favour of Remain - 'oh, there will be strong desire for 2nd ref'
    52-48 in favour of Leave - 'done deal, leave on WTO, will of the people'

9. thenewoc

Mobster

Many sources quoted it was a once in a generation or lifetime decision, even the state sponsored leaflet that came through everyone's letterbox stated:

https://assets.publishing.service.g...ean-union-is-the-best-decision-for-the-uk.pdf

10. thenewoc

Mobster

Plenty of other examples here too...

11. McGray

Mobster

Oh good, you've posted that again.

12. garnett

Mobster

It's an interesting thought, isn't it?

Whether pooling votes for WTO and Rule-taker Brexits helps or hinders.

Would a frothy WTO leaver vote in a way that facilitates being forced to accept EU rules we have given up the massive say we have in drafting them?

Would a Rule-taker Brexiteer really be so desparate to throw the NHS to the wolves and to deregulate worker and food standards that they'd risk enabling bat**** WTO Brexit to do so?

Either way - what a time to be alive, eh?

13. DarkHorizon472

Mobster

Again you are misrepresenting and taking what was said out of context. They said the decision will affect the country for decades to come not that it was a decision we cannot change for decades. As has been explained to you repeatedly the new UK government is not bound by the terms the previous government was voted in on. That is how democracy works it is not a one off decision but a constant evolution as events unfold and people review their views.

14. JRS

Capodecina

Okay, so we've gone from

to

I mean, I surely don't need to point out the difference between "everyone" and "many sources", right? ;) Especially when Nigel Farage - the leader of the party that you're cheerleading for in this thread - was one of those saying that if it didn't go the way he wanted then he'd want a do-over?

15. garnett

Mobster

This is hilariously fallacious.

It's like the kids in the car. The dad turns round and says, "if you distract me, I'll lose concentration and crash", and the kids kicking the back of his seat and then saying, "You promised to crash the car!"

16. VincentHanna

Capodecina

Surely there is a rule in SC about spamming the same thing over and over?

17. garnett

Mobster

Oh lord, I hope not.

Speaking as someone who's had several "holidays" from SC, I'm massively in favour of the "lighter touch" moderation now being applied.

In my opinion the spamming contributes to the debate - by highlighting the paucity of reasoned argument and evidence available to the spammer.

18. thenewoc

Mobster

Opposed to Vince Cable's solution to ripping up democracy when he advocates revoking Art.50.

19. thenewoc

Mobster

If you keep repeating the same drivel and the point has already been answered then it's valid to repost the former reply IMHO.

20. VincentHanna

Capodecina

No, he wants to put it back to a public vote, now that an agreement has been made between Theresa May and the EU.

Asking the people is literally democracy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.