1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Brexit Party

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by Mr Badger, May 8, 2019.

1. Explosivo

Hitman

Would usually vote Labour in everything but I dont know wtf they're doing, So 1 vote for Lab and two for Lib Dem in this house.

2. Murphy

Wise Guy

Get some paradox adsorbing crumple zones installed. ;)

I would say if the BP gets the predicted share of the vote that we could put the whole undemocratic EU thing to bed but I'm not sure BP supporters will make the link between voting and democracy.

3. robgmun

Capodecina

2 from me and my wife in my household. 2 more from my mum and dad, and a further 2 from my brother and his wife...who's Irish... who's a massive clan that'll be voting the BP as well.

4. DrToffnar

Mobster

I might be more inclined to stand by some of the Brexiters in here if they actually bothered to respond to some of the questions with logical and/or factual answers.

It's looked like BP's facebook page all day pretty much, not a discussions board. Get your **** together and start replying to some of the reasonable questions asked!

5. chroniclard

Capodecina

Its not possible, there are no reasonable answers to the reasonable questions. They know this so respond with pure wang.

6. JRS

Capodecina

I actually have a (hopefully reasonable) question for the Brexit Party voters.

Since the BP's one major policy is 'leave with no deal', which isn't the policy of any of the other parties (UKIP possibly excepted, though I'm not sure), would they consider voters to have rejected that policy if the BP doesn't get at least 51% of the vote? Bearing in mind that we've been constantly told by Brexiteers that any majority, even a slim one, means that what the majority voted for/against must be acted on.

FYI, I believe the current polling has it at 65% rejecting the 'no deal' party/parties.

7. GordyR

Mobster

It's frustrating to say the least.

It's almost as if on some level there is a subconscious acknowledgement that their position was not formed based on reason, but on emotion.

That's fine of course, people can base their views on whatever they want, but failing to hold your own positions up to scrutiny makes it look as though you're fearful that once exposed to reason, they will collapse.

So better to ignore...

8. Mason-

Soldato

Pretty simple for me, the EU is only headed one way if it has freedom of movement, and that's into one country. People of working age flock to the jobs and opportunities, in the same way at a national level that people flock to London. The money generated in London is then spread out to the rest of the country, as it needs to be if it steals people of working age from towns and cities across the rest of the country. It's the same in the EU with the richer countries contributing more money to prop up the rest. If we need immigration to feed the population ponzy scheme that is the state pension and state aid. Then what happens to all the countries the immigrants leave behind? Who pays the state pension of their ageing populations if their working populations continue to fall? We all will, with an EU wide state pension and other social benefits. Germany, UK and France will turn into 'Londons' and the less well off countries will turn into 'Blackpools' filled with non working age people, propped up by the rich countries and a relic of it's former self. It's only going one way. I don't want that.

Last edited: May 23, 2019
  9. thenewoc

Mobster

Whatever proportion of the vote The Brexit Party get will be reflected in the number of seats they get in the EU Parliament. Therefore that proportion of vote is representative of the electorate and they will still stand in that parliament on the grounds of which they were elected. Those that oppose leaving the EU are already represented by the parties that have stood on that basis.

10. chroniclard

Capodecina

Is that a yes or no?

11. garnett

Mobster

I love those Brexit Party supporters only now coming out and "admitting" it - as though they couldn't face not being able to put forward rational arguments for doing so, and want to be able to say, "Too late now!"

Well, Farage asked, "Are you dumb enough for me to mug you again?" and you ticked the box. Never forget. It's not remainers calling anyone stupid, it's Nigel Farage.

12. thenewoc

Mobster

Firstly I would dispute where the 65% figure comes from since there's no citation provided. The politico source below currently has the divide between eurosceptic and non eurosceptic seat forecast as 48% vs 52% respectively. So no I would not consider that to be a rejection of 'no deal' and The Brexit Party MEP's will stand upon the pledges that they were elected on and of course campaign on those grounds.

https://www.politico.eu/2019-european-elections/united-kingdom/

13. Mason-

Soldato

I mean quite evidently you're calling people who voted leave in the past and for the Brexit Party today stupid.

14. thenewoc

Mobster

This is just gibberish and makes no sense to who or what you're referring to.

15. McstylisT

Wise Guy

Bile, nothing but bile.

Its so apparent that it eats you up so much inside that the childish outbursts like this keep occurring. Deal with it.
    It must be a really scary place in that little head of yours. Do some exercise, boxing and mma is good for building self confidence.

16. McstylisT

Wise Guy

Yes, they are.

They do it all the time Mason. Fascist towards their own in every way. Only way to shut them up is get everyone we know to vote brexit party today, and in the future.

17. garnett

Mobster

At the risk of repeating stuff that you appear to have missed multiple times, Farage told you you were voting for a Norway deal. And then he told you you voted for a no-deal Brexit. I guess, given the benefit of the doubt, it could be open to interpretation how acceptance of that defines the voter.

"Fascist to their own" - What a stunningly odd thing to say. What on Earth do you mean?

18. krooton

Capodecina

You sound like you are getting commission :D

Perhaps that's where part of Nige's funding is going.

19. garnett

Mobster

Lol. You've literally spent the last few weeks unquestioningly regurgitating what the Brexit Party has told you to think, without applying any sort of critical thinking or analysis - and it's there, as evidence, for everyone to see!

20. Mason-

Soldato

I didn't vote leave. Also IIRC he said on the televised debate that "no deal is better than a bad deal". So seems he's been pretty consistent to me.

Edit: I checked myself.

He said no deal is better than the current deal (being a member of the EU). So seems he thinks that no deal was better than being in the EU.