1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Brexit Party

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by Mr Badger, May 8, 2019.

1. thenewoc

Mobster

Should I sign my forced confession now or can I have a break from your interrogation?

2. DarkHorizon472

Mobster

What is interesting is how important the European election result is until it disproves some ones view and then they instantly dismiss it. That is the problem when you choose a view and desperately hang onto it when reality goes in a very different direction.

3. Mr Badger

Soldato

You often seem to avoid actually answering the question that has been asked and instead respond with a different point or paste a block of Brexit Party text. It's a bit like an old Theresa May interview where, regardless of the question asked, she answers "Strong and stable government, Brexit means Brexit.".

4. Murphy

Wise Guy

I couldn't really care less, i just think it's incredibly rude of you to enter into conversations with people in such bad faith, especially in a sub section of the forum that's meant to promote mature discussion.

5. thenewoc

Mobster

I think I've given a full answer that also respects the fact that many of us want to leave the EU and we don't have to prove why that is better, in a democracy people are free to choose to vote a certain way on whatever grounds satisfies them for doing so.

6. thenewoc

Mobster

I've answered the point you raised, it's immaterial what your asking though since you already know seats in the parliament are allocated based on the percentages of the votes.

7. Werewolf

Commissario

You've never as far as I can see given a full answer to anything that actually respects facts.

You've basiscally posted the same debunkend nonsense, ignored people and acted more bot like than most twitter bots for as far back as I can see.

I respect democracy, seemingly far more than a lot of the brexit supporters (one vote only, no matter how much evidence there is the vote was rigged by third parties and one of the parties broke all the rules), but that doesn't mean anyone has to respect someone who can't seem to actually answer simple questions with anything other than a canned response.

8. DarkHorizon472

Mobster

What badger is referring to is how you make a statement, people challenge it and you then move rapidly onto a different topic rather than entering into a discussion to fully explain what you mean. You may not realise you keep doing this. When people ask me for more detail I am happy to explain further as for me it is a discussion to learn from not an argument. I never assume I am right , just try to understand more.

9. DarkHorizon472

Mobster

Good post.

10. thenewoc

Mobster

Perhaps your own political views are clouding that view since I've answered many questions and given citation as to my reasoning in many examples, the latest of which was the suggestion that remain had 65% of the vote and I replied with citation that the eurosceptic parties had 48% so implied that it wasn't as black and white as being portrayed by the question.

11. Murphy

Wise Guy

No you have not, that you're perfectly willing to make your opinions know in a public space but are unwilling to have your opinions questioned is duplicity of the highest order

12. DarkHorizon472

Mobster

Your answers tend to be vague sound bites which bear no resemblance to the supporting information you provide. This is why people have a lot of questions to ask you so they can better understand. It is by listening to all views my approach changes from arguement from a fixed view to discussion with better understanding. Give it a try as you will understand a lot but don’t have to agree.

13. garnett

Mobster

I'm not the one implying it, the implication is there in the words and actions of Nigel Farage and those who choose to support him. It's then made "fair game" when they come into the debate thread, with, as I say, no intention of trying to argue their case (for reasons that are obvious to all).

Essentially, much has been made by Farage (and then parroted by those who don't apply scrutiny to his rhetoric) that Remainers are calling Brexiteers stupid, when, in truth, it is Farage who is branding people stupid by saying, I campaigned for one thing, now believe me when I tell you I was campaigning for something completely different.

Nobody was compelled to agree with him. Those who did, did so of their own choice.

Last edited: May 23, 2019
  14. Mr Badger

Soldato

The point of posting in SC is to take part in debate. If you are not going to do this in good faith "we don't have to prove why that is better" it is certainly not acceptable for you to spam the thread with party propaganda.

15. thenewoc

Mobster

It's not party propaganda, I've only ever posted fact.

16. Murphy

Wise Guy

I've already told you that's not what the question was so why are you persisting with the "eurosceptic" line? The question was about parties who are advocating leaving the EU without a WA, stop being so deceitful.

And for parties who are advocating leaving the EU without a WA the polling is showing roughly 65% of people do not support that option.

17. DarkHorizon472

Mobster

Unfortunately that is not the case, what you have posted is mainly Brexit Party in your words propaganda. Repeatedly copy and pasting the same over and over again. Never wanting to discuss or explain it in detail. Other posters have a wide variety of views and are happy to discuss them in detail whether people agree with them or not.

18. thenewoc

Mobster

This isn't the Brexit thread though is it, it's The Brexit Party thread so what I've explained is if you support leaving the EU then you really only have one serious choice and that's The Brexit Party. Whatever share of the vote they get that is what they will work with to campaign on the basis of the pledges they've made. I don't think it can be any clearer than that.

19. thenewoc

Mobster

What is the question you feel I haven't answered then?

20. JRS

Capodecina

That's nice. Now, how about an answer to the question that was asked?

A no deal exit is not the policy of the Tories (May's deal, nominally), Labour (a deal that isn't May's), the Greens, Lib Dems, Plaid Cymru, Change UK or the SNP (confirmatory ref or revoke). So would you agree that if the BP doesn't get more votes and seats than those parties combined then the will of the people cannot really be for no deal?