1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Brexit Party

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by Mr Badger, May 8, 2019.

1. robfosters

Caporegime

Spoke to a family member today who voted for the brexit party on the entire basis that Nige likes a pint :D

2. GordyR

Mobster

Do they also call Juncker a raging alcoholic by any chance?

3. JRS

Capodecina

Well, I can certainly see how that could be a perfectly acceptable reason to seriously vote for someone...

4. robfosters

Caporegime

If I asked them what they thought of Juncker, they’d probably say he was a good centre back for Germany or something.

5. JRS

Capodecina

Oh good, at least they were well informed about the issues then.

6. Murphy

Wise Guy

And the point is directly related to the Brexit party because they're one of the two parties advocating for leaving without a WA.

It's simple, the question you responded to was this...
    Now, show me where in the that quote the word "eurosceptic" appears....I'll wait here, no? I thought not as it's not there.

If it's not there why did you respond by saying....
    Now obviously people can make mistakes and sometimes it takes a bit of explaining before they realise, however even after pointing it out that what you originally responded to was talking about the BP's being one of the parties advocating to 'leave with no deal' and that current polling has it at 65% rejecting the 'no deal' party/parties, after having that pointed out to you on multiple occasions you still insist on saying the divide is between eurosceptic and non eurosceptic seats.

7. chroniclard

Capodecina

Its Brexit Party(and lolKIP) vs everyone else, nobody else is touting no deal. Anything less than 50% of the seats is a rejection for no deal.

8. thenewoc

Mobster

I do believe it is between eurosceptic vs non eurosceptic at this point since coalitions are sometimes formed and I explained that currently the polling is quite evenly split.

9. thenewoc

Mobster

In your opinion that's as maybe but it could also represent the biggest proportion of votes for any one particular version of Brexit, e.g. no particular version of indicative votes in the HoC came out with a clear majority either. You're also assuming no one in the conservatives is for 'no deal' when actually we don't know how many conservative MEP's may have a similar view to the ERG.

10. chroniclard

Capodecina

Either way there is not enough support for no deal to shaft half the country against its will.

11. thenewoc

Mobster

In your opinion of course but we'll have to see what the outcome of the election is. Either way the more eurosceptic MEP's there are the less likely we are to agree to greater EU integration or legislation opposite to the goal of leaving.

12. chroniclard

Capodecina

Well no, that's fact not opinion. Greater integration was never on the cards.

13. thenewoc

Mobster

I think it naturally would be if we somehow ended up remaining as that has been the general direction over the past 46 years of our membership.

14. Nasher

Capodecina

Some Europeans I know do. That's where I first heard about it. It's probably true tbh :D

15. robgmun

Capodecina

Juncker is not an raging alcoholic, what a dangerous slur, what on earth gave you that silly idea...

:D

On the plus side he looks like fun drunk :D

16. chroniclard

Capodecina

Sounds good then, when remainer MEP's get the majority of the seats that is where we will be heading.

17. Nasher

Capodecina

That's fine then. As long as there is a FUN drunk in charge of the EU we're all safe :p

At least he only slaps people and doesn't headbutt them.

18. garnett

Mobster

More disingenuous stuff needed to defend Farage's position...

https://www.indy100.com/article/brexit-nigel-farage-no-deal-james-obrien-andrew-marr-8913481

19. McstylisT

Wise Guy

20. garnett

Mobster

So they've got you not even reading the arguments before dismissing them out of hand based on the names that come up in the articles?

Impressive work.

By the way, can you answer my question. When you said that I was being "fascist to my own", what did you mean?