1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Brexit Party

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by Mr Badger, May 8, 2019.

1. DarkHorizon472

Mobster

What are the economic benefits of a no deal brexit ?

2. The_Abyss

Capodecina

@thenewoc has repeatedly used the last result of the general election in an attempt to prove the point that the majority of the UK electorate ratified Brexit by voting for two parties who campaigned on delivering Brexit.

The direct correlation from that is that if only a minority support the parties who are campaigning on the basis of a no deal Brexit then there is no majority support for it from the electorate. Therefore if there's less than 50% of the vote for UKIP and the Brexit Party, then there's no majority support for a no deal Brexit and this mythical default to WTO terms.

There's no need to ask @thenewoc to directly answer the question, as he's already explicitly answered it with his earlier position.

3. McstylisT

Wise Guy

It’s o Brien, it’s cult ideology. He shouts down anyone that has a different opinion. I wouldn’t call that even close to fair.

That’s a very strange question. Are you not English then ?

4. DarkHorizon472

Mobster

O’Brien clearly explains his view and backs it up with actual evidence. That does not mean anyone has to agree with him. Every time I have heard him debate brexit with a pro brexit caller their arguments rapidly fall apart and they into but what about this mode, never able to explain or sustain any rational argument. On the other hand various pro remain callers do get him to admit either he was incorrect or has simply learned something he didn’t know from them.

5. garnett

Mobster

You think our shared nationality makes you "my own"?

... Try explaining how it's worse to be "fascist to your own (English)" than it is to "be fascist" to others?

6. McstylisT

Wise Guy

No he does not. It’s the opposite. He likes to think he does but he doesn’t. I’ll agree he is a very intelligent man and he likes to bring on thick people To embarrass on air.
    He has been a liberal figure head for a while. Give speeches To uni students , brainwashing. Loves a immigrant too. Unless living next door to him or dating his daughter. He is a Judas.

7. Murphy

Wise Guy

But what you personally believe was not related to the question you choose to answer. Now I'm not saying what you believe is not a subject worth of discussion but it was not the subject that was being discussed, if you wanted to talk about eurosceptic vs non eurosceptic parties then you should've said that to start with, you should've made it clear that you don't care about the original question being asked, that you were going to ignore what someone said and propose an entirely different question.

Do you know what a strawman argument is? And please don't avoid the question, a simple yes or no will suffice or even better a short synopsis of what you believe it is. And no I'm not trying to trip you up I'm just trying to establish a common understanding so we have something to build upon.

8. Colonel_Klinck

Hitman

Sorry what does "he's a judas" mean?

9. DarkHorizon472

Mobster

Its what he actually does there is no thinking about it. It is not his fault no one supporting a no deal brexit can explain how it economically benefits the UK and ends up ranting nonsense.

Can you explain the economic benefits of a no deal brexit ?

10. McstylisT

Wise Guy

Is this not England ? Is this not where you were born ? Where our relatives shed blood for this rock. So we could have this democracy. Not every single person who wants better for themselves. At our expense.

It’s worse to be fascist to your own because it’s betrayal. Why defend people and align with people who don’t give a flying **** about you. Crazy liberal ideology. O Brien has got in that brain.

11. McstylisT

Wise Guy

He is a two faced Judas that can’t be trusted. The ultimate Judas.

He has betrayed this country ten times over. Vermin.

12. DarkHorizon472

Mobster

So how do you deal with the tax immigrants pay minus the benefits they collect comes to over £13,500,000,000 ?

13. Colonel_Klinck

Hitman

Wow nice use of language there.

14. DarkHorizon472

Mobster

Paradoxically it is exactly the language used in the past by Stalin, Hitler, Rober Mugabe and others like them.

15. The_Abyss

Capodecina

You want Brexit at the expense of the people that don't. You know, those other English people, and quite a few other nationalities too but you don't seem to care about them because their Mum's were somewhere else when they gave birth. You know, like Nigel Farage's German great grandparents.

16. RedvGreen

Mobster

It is indeed worse to be fascist. So that makes you the worst, supporting the Putin puppet Farage. The writing isn't just on the wall, it's all over the goddamn floor on every building - Farage receives huge sums of money from dirty sources designed to destabilise the West (UK/EU/USA). Plain as day. You support this, and you support isolationism. Neither are good for this country. All will set us back decades, to arrive (hopefully) at the point we are at now, whilst the rest of the world moves on even faster from us. That is if we haven't been steamrolled by a superpower as we've systematically burnt all of our local bridges with the EU and USA.

17. Colonel_Klinck

Hitman

People from all over our Empire and of all colours and religions shed blood for this country, we'd have perhaps lost the war without them. You throw around the word "facist" but your language is of someone who doesn't want to except someone else has a view point different to yours and if they do and say so they are "facist".

18. thenewoc

Mobster

Since when did I give you the authority to speak on my behalf?

19. The_Abyss

Capodecina

When you repeatedly refused to answer the questions being asked of you, I looked for the evidence from your other statements. And found it.

20. GordyR

Mobster

It’s not often I’ll give an overly emotional response but...

You and your views, are absolutely not “this country”.

We are not in any way alike, just because we are both English and white.

I am not “your own”, and you are not “my own”.

After you went on an undeniably racist rant yesterday, you asked me to explain what was racist about your post, so I obliged and broke it down point by point.

You ignored my response...

Stop trying to claim that anyone who doesn’t share your ethnonationalist views, and who hasn’t allowed themselves to become grossly manipulated by far right propaganda and Nazi conspiracy theories, is a “traitor to their own”.

Frankly, as a patriot who deeply loves his country, I find your rhetoric deeply un-British and dangerously close in substance and narrative to that of our greatest historical enemy.

You don’t speak for this country.

Last edited: May 23, 2019