The Bundy Tapes - Netflix doc

Caporegime
Binge watched all four episodes last night.

Fascinating watch, he really was an interesting guy. Intelligent, charismatic, handsome, funny. The last kind of person you’d expect to be a serial killer, yet capable of such evil.

The show has lots of great video and audio footage, interviews with people involved and is a must watch for anyone with an interest in this kind of thing. It’s amazing to see how far we’ve come with technology as well since those days.

One thing though for people that watched it.

I know it was the seventies, but Bundy was on the FBI most wanted list. How did the Florida cops have him for so long without knowing his identity. He was being paraded on the telly every five minutes lol!

Associate
Watched it all last night then googled Ted bundy, went onto someone called Jeffrey dahmer and I wish I didn't, horrific crazy stuff he done to people.. There was pictures aswell I couldn't bloody sleep.

Caporegime
OP
Watched it all last night then googled Ted bundy, went onto someone called Jeffrey dahmer and I wish I didn't, horrific crazy stuff he done to people.. There was pictures aswell I couldn't bloody sleep.
Yeah, but Dahmer is another one where if you watch his interviews on YouTube, he seems a calm, polite, intelligent guy and you just cannot compute how he could have done the utterly depraved things he did.

Man of Honour
Yeah, but Dahmer is another one where if you watch his interviews on YouTube, he seems a calm, polite, intelligent guy and you just cannot compute how he could have done the utterly depraved things he did.

I suspect these people are quite detached from normal human emotions and don't have things like empathy in the same way - they can play a part completely dispassionately and turn on the charm and come across as polite and intelligent because of the degree of control - often with an innate ability to manipulate people.

It often surprises me how many are fooled by an act of sincerity by those who are manipulative playing on the prejudices and natural perceptions/beliefs that are commonly held (and you are the bad person for pointing it out until their true nature is revealed in some way).

Last edited:
Associate
I blame Freeview, loads of documentaries. Murder Maps is a high quality production, Deadly Women is another, Bizarre Murders and the tongue in cheek acting; all of which I cannot help but be drawn into!

Will have to check this out.

Associate
Binge watched all four episodes last night.

Fascinating watch, he really was an interesting guy. Intelligent, charismatic, handsome, funny. The last kind of person you’d expect to be a serial killer, yet capable of such evil.

The show has lots of great video and audio footage, interviews with people involved and is a must watch for anyone with an interest in this kind of thing. It’s amazing to see how far we’ve come with technology as well since those days.

One thing though for people that watched it.

I know it was the seventies, but Bundy was on the FBI most wanted list. How did the Florida cops have him for so long without knowing his identity. He was being paraded on the telly every five minutes lol!

I caught up on this series this week - I knew the name but not of the actual crimes.

There are moments when you think... Is this the same person who could commit such heinous crimes?

And then there are moments when you are left with no doubt.

Your summary is spot on.

Man of Honour
I knew about him and heard about it when I was younger. But it was fascinating to see just the extent of what he did.

Caporegime
OP
watched all these, it was good to get an insight. he even had the Judge charmed who wished him all the best after his conviction
Tbh, I found the well wishing and sympathetic way he addressed Bundy after the verdict as a bit of a kick in the teeth to the victims families. Judge should have just taken the usual route of calling him out for being a cold sadistic killer and nothing else.

Soldato
Tbh, I found the well wishing and sympathetic way he addressed Bundy after the verdict as a bit of a kick in the teeth to the victims families. Judge should have just taken the usual route of calling him out for being a cold sadistic killer and nothing else.

As a judge seeing a man self litigate at the level Bundy did, clearly indicates he was an intelligent man. His comment was fair. It was a waste of a life .

Back
Top Bottom