Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
After a bit of advice. 7-8 weeks ago I had an unplanned trip with a cat which promptly emptied itself over the back seats. I had a car wash place wet vac them which seemed to get rid of the problem temporarily.

However, they are now putrid again. What product can I use to lift the odur?

Chances are by this time its gotten down through the seats upholstery and on the chassis underneath if the smell has come back. You'll most likely need a professional valet to remove the back seats, upholstery and carpets to thoroughly wash it all.

Not a cheap job I'm afraid.

Would be worth considering having the upholstery properly sealed with a hydrophobic coating via the valet too.

Shawrey

Soldato
It's also possible that during the wet vac process the excrement was simply pushed into the foam of the seat. It's quite a common occurrence when too much liquid is used on seat fabrics. I'd suggest using an enzyme-based cleaner like Autosmart Biobrisk which will break down the odour-causing bacteria.

As above it is possible that it got behind and beneath the seats bases, but that should be easy to check by just removing the base.

Soldato
Tried out a new (to me) product today, Gtechniq C2v3. It's effectively a long lasting spray sealent, initial impressions are good as it gave both our cars (Modena Yellow Abarth 595, Liquid Yellow Megane RS) a very nice gloss and really brought out the pearl in the Megane particularly, super easy and fast to apply also. Will see how long it lasts over the next 1-2 weeks.

Tried restoring the Alcantara wheel in the Megane for a bit, diluted down some Meguiars APC and agitated the wheel with a brush, then used clean microfibres to really grip and twist the wheel to rough up the fibres again. It's made an improvement but nowhere near what I was hoping for, has anyone managed to make a big difference to Alcantara?

Soldato
Tried out a new (to me) product today, Gtechniq C2v3. It's effectively a long lasting spray sealent, initial impressions are good as it gave both our cars (Modena Yellow Abarth 595, Liquid Yellow Megane RS) a very nice gloss and really brought out the pearl in the Megane particularly, super easy and fast to apply also. Will see how long it lasts over the next 1-2 weeks.

Tried restoring the Alcantara wheel in the Megane for a bit, diluted down some Meguiars APC and agitated the wheel with a brush, then used clean microfibres to really grip and twist the wheel to rough up the fibres again. It's made an improvement but nowhere near what I was hoping for, has anyone managed to make a big difference to Alcantara?

No, alcantara is a pain! I stuff brush etc brought it back for a couple of weeks but stated to get patchy again

Soldato
Washed the boat today :)

b52be7c42744a34ddc007ab0f46de9cc.jpg

74c73f03379637fcbfc122cca092bd00.jpg

Associate
Has anyone replaced their Karcher/etc hose with something from directhoses or similar sites?

After washing the car today I've had enough of the complete garbage kinking douche bag that is the standard hose, I unkink it then look away and suddenly it's in a knot again! I managed whilst trying to tentatively coax it straight to pull the washer over and onto my car :( luckily it hasn't scratched which is nice!

Soldato
Has anyone replaced their Karcher/etc hose with something from directhoses or similar sites?

After washing the car today I've had enough of the complete garbage kinking douche bag that is the standard hose, I unkink it then look away and suddenly it's in a knot again! I managed whilst trying to tentatively coax it straight to pull the washer over and onto my car :( luckily it hasn't scratched which is nice!

Haven't done it myself but having a similar issue and it makes me want to hurl the washer through my car window. :mad:

Also reckon I need to replace the lance because I don't think it's making the best snow foam, feels too watery.

Soldato

Forensic Detailing has a new video up on YouTube re cleaning Alcantara, may be worth a look.:)

Associate

I have the 10m quick release Direct Hoses replacement on my Nilfisk… fantastic product! You won't get ANY kinking with it. Buy it you won't regret it!

Associate
I have the 10m quick release Direct Hoses replacement on my Nilfisk… fantastic product! You won't get ANY kinking with it. Buy it you won't regret it!

Appreciate the input, thanks! I'll likely get one bought in the near future, did you get one of their funky little spray guns too?

Associate
Appreciate the input, thanks! I'll likely get one bought in the near future, did you get one of their funky little spray guns too?

No worries... the stock hoses tend to be awful!

I bought a shorty gun from another seller but unfortunately after the nilfisk connector failed twice (first time when I turned on the pressure washer on!) after less than 10 uses I sent it back for a refund - but when it was working it is also an excellent upgrade especially with the quick release snow foam lance adaptor.

However I believe there is an updated nilfisk gun coming which should be more reliable.

If you have a Karcher or Kranzle then cleanyourride have shorty guns that are supposedly reliable (just the nilfisk connectors with the problem at this time).

Associate
No worries... the stock hoses tend to be awful!

I bought a shorty gun from another seller but unfortunately after the nilfisk connector failed twice (first time when I turned on the pressure washer on!) after less than 10 uses I sent it back for a refund - but when it was working it is also an excellent upgrade especially with the quick release snow foam lance adaptor.

However I believe there is an updated nilfisk gun coming which should be more reliable.

If you have a Karcher or Kranzle then cleanyourride have shorty guns that are supposedly reliable (just the nilfisk connectors with the problem at this time).

Cool, thanks again. They sell the hoses with shorty guns too so I'll probably get one to have a play with!

Associate
I ended up trying to upgrade my nilfisk with better hoses and guns. The kinking drove me nuts and it eventually started leaking. Eventually just bought a kranzle. Just so much better out of the box, especially the hose and guns on offer. I think once you start upgrading your existing washer with better guns and lie flat hose etc its probably not worth it longer term.

kai

kai

Soldato
Can anyone recommend an iron fall out? The car has only done 600 miles but its covered in small black specs, all over the paint. I have only used CarPro Hydro2, and 2BM from new, surely fall out would not be an issue for low mileage?

Last edited:
Associate
my process is like this. YMMV!
1. coat car in snowfoam. (2" snowfoam to normal cold water in. Put the snowfoam in after filling with water) let dwell for a few mins.
2. jet wash
3. coat car again in snowfoam. I use it all up, so no left overs.
4. wash like normal. 2nd lot of foam provides more suds.

In winter, I tend to skip step 4 half the time to just give it a quick once over with no 'touch'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom