Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Ultimate Compound actually finishes down really quite nicely so depending on technique (mainly pressure applied and speed of your movement) it might not need a polishing pass.

105 or other compounds, depending on what you buy, will typically require polishing and in those cases S20 will be perfectly capable of getting out the compound marks.

Soldato
Funnily Scholl mentions S20 should be able to get rid of 2000 grit marks. I am using the Scholl purple pad.

Do you have a pic of the headlights as they stand currently?

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmoZbHD48InOnwHxc9YcRQbPW5za

I think my polishinig technique could be improved, as the lights aren't on a car it's quite awkward to hold them in place. Looking at the pad yesterday the compound didn't seem to be spreading evenly.

Last edited:
Soldato
Which wheel cleaner ? BH Auto Wheel is brilliant.

Bought some of this myself after what I'd read in this in thread and it is very very good. Apart from a few tar spots, it removed all of the stuck grime that was usually left after a casual wash. I definitely rate it higher than the other products I've used; Wonder Wheels, IronX, TriX etc (although I'm not sure IronX and TriX are dedicated wheel cleaners)

From what I've read, Auto Wheel is PH neutral so safe to use on a regular basis?

Associate
:( Went to clean mine today as it was brown instead of blue. Sprayed the wheels over with wheel cleaner only to find my Pressure washer has died. Washed off with hose but ended up with a car with clean wheels and dirty body as was faffing with the pressure washer so long. Luckily it turns out i still have months worth of warranty on it. Anybody got experience with Nilfisk customer service?

Soldato
:( Went to clean mine today as it was brown instead of blue. Sprayed the wheels over with wheel cleaner only to find my Pressure washer has died. Washed off with hose but ended up with a car with clean wheels and dirty body as was faffing with the pressure washer so long. Luckily it turns out i still have months worth of warranty on it. Anybody got experience with Nilfisk customer service?

I've never had to phone CS but I've only heard good things. :)

Associate

There was another poster a few pages back who got send a new unit as his had developed a fault. Mine did exactly the same within 6 months of ownership (Nilfisk 120, after the first powered spray the pump would not kick in again) I exchanged a few emails with their support, gave images showing my proof of purchase and they sent me a brand new unit, no quibble at all. Still have the old one for spare parts should they even be needed. All in all a positive from my experience.

Associate
There was another poster a few pages back who got send a new unit as his had developed a fault. Mine did exactly the same within 6 months of ownership (Nilfisk 120, after the first powered spray the pump would not kick in again) I exchanged a few emails with their support, gave images showing my proof of purchase and they sent me a brand new unit, no quibble at all. Still have the old one for spare parts should they even be needed. All in all a positive from my experience.

So to follow up, left a message with them and done exactly that. Sent them proof of purchase and image of the serial number on the unit and they're sending me a new one out. Happy days! Good service that.

Soldato
On the topic of pressure washers.....has anyone with a Karcher experienced the push and twist mechanism to attach and detach the lances to become incredibly stiff? I can't even fit my snow foam attachment now, due to it being slightly longer than the normal Karcher lance, and not being able to fully press it in to lock it in place.

Caporegime
On the topic of pressure washers.....has anyone with a Karcher experienced the push and twist mechanism to attach and detach the lances to become incredibly stiff? I can't even fit my snow foam attachment now, due to it being slightly longer than the normal Karcher lance, and not being able to fully press it in to lock it in place.

Mine started off that way and got looser after a few uses!

Soldato
Sort of fixed it last night. Turns out the yellow plastic thing that should be in the end of the lance, was stuck in the gun. Only after fitting and removing the lance a few times did it eventually decided to come off with the lance. Leaving room to fit my snow foam.

But it now seems the yellow thing is stuck in the gun again. Any ideas how to stop it staying in the gun?

Associate
Anyone changed their gun lance to a short trigger gun? https://www.in2detailing.co.uk/karc...-with-quick-release-nozzles-kar190635748.html
Im trying to resist the urge.

Will likely be doing the same when i replace the entire stupid karcher hose but can't offer too much help until I do! Obsessed garage (youtube) always seems to use them but I think they are ones he manufactures himself.. They seem much less cumbersome though i'm not sure of any real advantages!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom