Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Are we the only ones that know what a Peel 50 is - smaller than a Bond three wheeler.
The way I worded it would make some of the members on these forums think it was the car to go in WM. :confused:

Soldato
Looking for suggestions about my wheels. Because I'm a lazy sod I've been running aggressive track pads since January and the brake dust has really eaten into the rim, clay and Iron X is barely scratching the surface! Been looking at Bilt Hamber wheel cleaner as it seems to be the product everyone raves about at the moment; Do people think this may help move what's stuck to my wheels?

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Looking for suggestions about my wheels. Because I'm a lazy sod I've been running aggressive track pads since January and the brake dust has really eaten into the rim, clay and Iron X is barely scratching the surface! Been looking at Bilt Hamber wheel cleaner as it seems to be the product everyone raves about at the moment; Do people think this may help move what's stuck to my wheels?

If clay and Iron X aren’t removing the dust then you must have some super baked on stuff! You may have to keep at it. How strong is your clay?

Autowheel is good but the main iron remover ingredient is the same as Iron X.

Soldato
It has been an embarrassingly long time since I gave the Subaru a decent clean, and I need the below:
  • New wash mitt
  • Shampoo
  • Wheel cleaner
  • Maybe clay bar
Without me trawling through this thread I can think of Autobrite, Cleanyourcar, and Slim's detailing. Anywhere else I should be looking for a small order with delivery? My local "Birmingham Detailing Shop" is closed due to Corona, no deliveries, collections, nadda. :(

Thanks.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
It has been an embarrassingly long time since I gave the Subaru a decent clean, and I need the below:
  • New wash mitt
  • Shampoo
  • Wheel cleaner
  • Maybe clay bar
Without me trawling through this thread I can think of Autobrite, Cleanyourcar, and Slim's detailing. Anywhere else I should be looking for a small order with delivery? My local "Birmingham Detailing Shop" is closed due to Corona, no deliveries, collections, nadda. :(

Thanks.

Polished bliss, CarPro uk and Ricsar (https://www.ricsardetailing.co.uk/)

Edit: looks like polished bliss has no stock.

I put an order in yesterday with CarPro :)

#fanboi

OsoYj4Q.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Had a delivery from cleanyourcar this morning after ordering last week, I did expect it last week but it's all good given the current situation!
Hopefully will be getting my correction on this weekend, weather pending!

Associate
Minimal effort would probably be a refurb of the wheels and get them to blast/de-coat then plate/paint the bolts. As above you'll struggle to do anything to them without touching the wheel itself..

Soldato
Minimal effort would probably be a refurb of the wheels and get them to blast/de-coat then plate/paint the bolts. As above you'll struggle to do anything to them without touching the wheel itself..

I should probably also state minimal budget! My initial approach was going to be something like an electric toothbrush and some autosol, but thought I'd see if there were any better ideas ...

Soldato
Got some born slippy clay lube and car pro reset shampoo delivered today, I just need a smaller disc plate and pad to polish the small parts of my car now.

Those that have used the CarPro reset shampoo how much do you put into a bucket of water, I see it mentions 40ml on the directions but just wondered if you use less?

Associate
@LiE @-Ad- Feel I owe you an update with how my first wash went seen as you guys helped me so much selecting products.

Jet washed Porsche for AGES thinking it would blast off a lot of the dirt but was shocked to find car still very dirty afterwards. Used the tyre stuff, spray on, wash off. My brush didnt come on time so didnt touch the wheels. Much cleaner than before but not spotless due to no elbow grease applied!

Washed car, panel by panel, using two bucket system and jet washing as I went. In the end seemed WAY cleaner than before but I was concerned that if it wasnt spotless then id scratch the car when using the wax and drying it. Plus I was loosing day light so left it wet and packed up.

My plan is to redo the whole car soon and this time apply the wax and dry it. At least its much cleaner than when I started!

This morning there is a fresh layer of dust on the car!! :o

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Got some born slippy clay lube and car pro reset shampoo delivered today, I just need a smaller disc plate and pad to polish the small parts of my car now.

Those that have used the CarPro reset shampoo how much do you put into a bucket of water, I see it mentions 40ml on the directions but just wondered if you use less?

I use 35ml. Put in the bucket of warm water then blast it with the pressure washer for mixing + thick velvety studs.

Soldato
I have a covered car trailer (fibreglass shell) which seems to be going rather green on top as water sits on it. What's the best way of getting rid of it without scrubbing? Would a citrus pre-wash help remove it or something else?

It's that big it's impossible to wash the entire thing properly so I'm hoping to remove the mould/mildew from the top and use something like Auto Finesse Lavish (ceramic foam) to give it some level of protection on the top of the trailer.

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
Bought some polar seal and foam gun attachment last year and hadn’t tried it out yet.

Gave it a go this weekend after washing the car and so far am pretty happy with it, more so given how quick and easy to apply.

Soldato
  • New wash mitt
  • Shampoo
  • Wheel cleaner
  • Maybe clay bar

Thanks.

If you're looking for products, Bilt Hamber Autowheels is brilliant and well worth buying. I dilute to a 50/50 mix and it still outperforms any other wheel cleaner I've ever used.

If you clay, you should wax afterwards. I'm not up to speed with what the current recommended wax is but can highly recommend Collinite 476S.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom