Status
Not open for further replies.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Due to the lockdown I decided to spend some time cleaning up the leather in the cars.

CarPro 'Inside' cleaner
Leather cleaning Brush
Geon leather conditioner
CarPro Cquartz coating

Managed to get the M4's interior scrubbed up good, had to do two goes at the cleaner with the brush to get rid of the shiny leather and get a nice matte effect. Porsche Cayenne came up really good, though less effort to do the seats, there is leather everywhere in this thing. Need to let the Cquartz coating cure, and I'll post the before and afters. VERY impressed by the CarPro Inside, definitely would buy this again.

I got some CarPro inside earlier in the week. Do you spray directly onto the leather, then use the brush followed by a MF wipe down?

Associate
Maybe consider Bilt Hamber Snowfoam instead, it doesn’t give the thickest lingering suds but it’s a great cleaner and consistently performs better than other snow foams.

I would be tempted to spend a little more and go for something like:

https://detailedonline.co.uk/collections/snowfoam-lances/products/snow-foam-lance-v2

Not much more but a better quality Lance, wide mouth top for easy filling and brass fixings.

Associate
I got bought this one and is doing still going strong https://www.amazon.co.uk/KKmoon-Adj...jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

when it comes to snow foam it’s self, it all come done to personal preference. As some else said Bilt Hamber is one of the best for be a pre cleaners but not the best for thick foam. If used it and like it, but I prefer a thick foam on mine. I have recently bought wax planets 8 below to try. What came recommended. A lot of it comes down to value for money to.

Here is a good review of some of the leaders on the market.

https://youtu.be/WmVeTbarlH4

https://youtu.be/Id_9PLkfNGY

Soldato
I got some CarPro inside earlier in the week. Do you spray directly onto the leather, then use the brush followed by a MF wipe down?

Essentially this yeah, I gave the leather a hoover first, and a wipe with a damp cloth to get any grit out, then sprayed a good amount of 'Inside' all over half a seat at a time, agitate with the brush and really work it in. Gave it a min or two to soak, then wiped with an MF (needs a bit of elbow grease at this point). Give it a few hours to fully dry and the results from just this stage were great. But I did it another time anyway, for the same reasons you nuke from orbit.

Soldato
I hate pigeons.

not only is the car covered in pollen after 2 days, it feels like I have upset the whole gang of pigeons too. 2 days worth this is, all on my roof.

We've got birds nesting in our roof again and I feel your pain! I have to do a daily poop patrol and just spot clean it off our cars. I'm ultra paranoid about bird poop as my company car came from the dealer with 5 big patches of etched clear coat where seagulls had tagged it :mad:

I'm glad I'm not the only one with the pollen issue too! I'm sure my car cleaning methods make it worse as I use a solid carnauba wax applied and removed by microfiber which seems to statically charge the whole car so fine particles just cling to it.

My neighbour always has good looking cars but has a different approach to me as he polishes every month or two but doesn't wax while I only polish once a year and apply a coat of solid carnauba topped up with a quick spray of something carnauba based when I dry it after washing... his always looks better a few days after washing :(

Soldato
We've got birds nesting in our roof again and I feel your pain! I have to do a daily poop patrol and just spot clean it off our cars. I'm ultra paranoid about bird poop as my company car came from the dealer with 5 big patches of etched clear coat where seagulls had tagged it :mad:

I'm glad I'm not the only one with the pollen issue too! I'm sure my car cleaning methods make it worse as I use a solid carnauba wax applied and removed by microfiber which seems to statically charge the whole car so fine particles just cling to it.

My neighbour always has good looking cars but has a different approach to me as he polishes every month or two but doesn't wax while I only polish once a year and apply a coat of solid carnauba topped up with a quick spray of something carnauba based when I dry it after washing... his always looks better a few days after washing :(

I wonder if my top coat makes it worse.. I usually just use QD of some kind or spray wax.

in the above case it is tac system shinee wax..

I'm getting very fed up with the polled and bird poo, going to get raceglaze filter and rinse it off as it doesn't need a full wash.

Associate
I hate pigeons.

not only is the car covered in pollen after 2 days, it feels like I have upset the whole gang of pigeons too. 2 days worth this is, all on my roof.

I feel you pain, where i use to live about 10 years ago my car use to get cover in pollen and tree sap during the summer. So glad that place is in the past, was always a pain to keep clean to the point that i even stopped trying to anything apart a weekly wash down the local garage. Bird poo is something we still have issues with where we live thats to the parking spaces being amognst the trees. Birds have ruined my wifes Mazda 6 to the point where its gone like a spiders web, in a few area where it laided. All due to when she left the poo on the car whilst i was working away for a long period. I am normally proactive at removing these days, I have found poorguys Bird Sh@T remover is very good at removing it with a wet cloth.

Soldato
I wonder if my top coat makes it worse.. I usually just use QD of some kind or spray wax.

in the above case it is tac system shinee wax..

I'm getting very fed up with the polled and bird poo, going to get raceglaze filter and rinse it off as it doesn't need a full wash.
I'm actually really tempted to get a Race Glaze filter. I end up using some kind of product every time I dry the car off anyway so I'll just be offsetting that cost with the Race Glaze refills. Using some vague guesstimates I think I'd only need to refill the 7 litre one once a year at a cost of about £45.

Didn't get the Race Glaze but went for the 11L Vyair instead, we'll see how it goes I guess :o

Last edited:
Associate
Looks like lots of other people have been thinking the same as me, every where i look DAS 6 pro's and pro plus's are out of stock. Will have to check again at the end of the week.

Soldato
I'm actually really tempted to get a Race Glaze filter. I end up using some kind of product every time I dry the car off anyway so I'll just be offsetting that cost with the Race Glaze refills. Using some vague guesstimates I think I'd only need to refill the 7 litre one once a year at a cost of about £45.

Didn't get the Race Glaze but went for the 11L Vyair instead, we'll see how it goes I guess :o
I bought the 7ltr one, I calculated that for final rinse only it'll last me a year or so and that'll be plenty. £45/year is not bad for refills either.

Soldato
Looks like lots of other people have been thinking the same as me, every where i look DAS 6 pro's and pro plus's are out of stock. Will have to check again at the end of the week.
Autobrite have got their da 12/21 machines and they're supposed to be very decent. Not as cheap as das6 but not crazy either.

Associate
49781680816_c8bb541155_c.jpg

Couple of new toys. The Mrs laughed at me because I bought the bucket because I liked the colour! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom