Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I was wondering if anyone can help me out with the dilution ratio of Polar Seal, I've tried Googling but can't seem to find the answer.
Although I have a pressure washer, I thought it might just be easier using the hand pump foam sprayer that I have.
Now they say using a pressure washer to mix 40ml of product with at least 200ml of water. What sort of dilution would be somewhat equivalent in the pump sprayer?

Soldato
I got this snow foam lance and it’s been superb,used it against a karcher one and my one was so much better.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171952362155
I’ve been using the auto glymn snow foam and it’s been great also,I’ve nearly finished it and will try another brand once it’s gone,I’ve always used hot water when mixing snow foam and water as I think it makes a difference with the thickness.

Soldato
Looks like lots of other people have been thinking the same as me, every where i look DAS 6 pro's and pro plus's are out of stock. Will have to check again at the end of the week.
I’ve heard the Argos polisher is actually really really good compared with the das 6,sometimes it’s not the machine but the process and products you use.

I found this Guild Dual Action Car Polisher, while browsing the Argos Mobile app:

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/8647300

Soldato
Soldato
Thanks for all the suggestions guys. Went for the bilt hamber snowfoam, used it for the first time today and it's a lot of fun!

Then the cacking pressure washer packed up :mad:

Associate
I was wondering if anyone can help me out with the dilution ratio of Polar Seal, I've tried Googling but can't seem to find the answer.
Although I have a pressure washer, I thought it might just be easier using the hand pump foam sprayer that I have.
Now they say using a pressure washer to mix 40ml of product with at least 200ml of water. What sort of dilution would be somewhat equivalent in the pump sprayer?

Hi,
Autoglym recommended not to use it this way as it is designed for a foam lance.

https://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=415820

Soldato
Evening all,

Looking to grab some decent snow foam and was wondering if anyone has tried Wax Planet's Eight Below? If so, what do you think?

And for those using Bilt Hamber Auto Foam, what ratio's are people using for lances (1ltr lance here)?
I saw somewhere mention 600ml of water to 400ml of product which seems a bit excessive (2.5:1 if my maths is correct) and expensive compared to others which seem to typically be 10/20:1 (water:product) :confused:

Associate
Soldato
Hi,
Autoglym recommended not to use it this way as it is designed for a foam lance.

https://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=415820

Ok thanks. I will wait until I next wash it to apply it then.

And for those using Bilt Hamber Auto Foam, what ratio's are people using for lances (1ltr lance here)?
I saw somewhere mention 600ml of water to 400ml of product which seems a bit excessive (2.5:1 if my maths is correct) and expensive compared to others which seem to typically be 10/20:1 (water:product) :confused:

That's because when you put it through the lance, you're further diluting the product. Each pressure washer/lance will be different (you'll have to experiment to find out the exact ratio that your own setup puts out).
But for example if a washer uses 9x the amount of water than product in the bottle (1 bottle:9 water = 10% product of total), then using your example of 400ml product:600ml water in the bottle = 2:3 = 40% concentration, that works out to be 4% concentration or 1:25 after it's gone through the lance. I think the maths is right there and hope it makes sense?

And that 1L should last maybe 2-3 washes?

Last edited:
Associate
For the BH snow foam I generally have about 150-200ml in my 1L foam bottle, and top it up with hot(ish) water. I've never had an issue with the consistency of the foam production and it does what it is supposed to!

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
For the BH snow foam I generally have about 150-200ml in my 1L foam bottle, and top it up with hot(ish) water. I've never had an issue with the consistency of the foam production and it does what it is supposed to!

It’s not about the consistency of the foam, it’s about the amount of product on the panel and it’s effectiveness.

Associate
Hi could someone please advise me on how to wash the following after use?

1) https://www.halfords.com/motoring/c...er-thick-microfibre-car-wash-mitt-232934.html - My wash mit, relativly clean

2) https://www.halfords.com/motoring/c...guiars-supreme-shine-drying-towel-560869.html - My drying towel which is free of dity (because car was clean!) but is full of this wax: https://www.halfords.com/motoring/car-cleaning/car-wax/meguiars-hybrid-ceramic-wax-768ml-836624.html !

Guys I know its a dull boring question and not as fun as discussing products but id really appreciate it if someone could advise me on this. I dont want to destroy my mit and towel having spent so much time making sure I buy the right 'equipment'... Thank you in advice.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I rinse my mitt out in the wash bucket after finishing the wash phase, then wring it out and leave to dry.

All microfibres go in the wash with a non-bio detergent and depending on the weather tumble dried or on the washing line. No fabric softener is key. You can buy dedicated microfibre detergent but never found a need. I use fairy non-bio powder.

Associate
I rinse my mitt out in the wash bucket after finishing the wash phase, then wring it out and leave to dry.

All microfibres go in the wash with a non-bio detergent and depending on the weather tumble dried or on the washing line. No fabric softener is key. You can buy dedicated microfibre detergent but never found a need. I use fairy non-bio powder.

Any idea how to get rid of the bits that get stuck on the microfibre?

Associate

Thanks for the reply. So you dont actually wash the mitt other than rinsing in the wash bucket?! At all? Even after many uses? To be honest mine is very clean but I though after several car washes it should hve a 'proper' clean?!

Ok thank you for telling me about no fabric softner and non-bio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom