Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Looking for a PH Neautal Shampo which produces plenty of “suds” whilst also being extremely “slick”

Recently been using some cheapo one’s and always feeling the need to use cap full after cap full to get the above feel.

Any recommendations?
I personally like Chemical Guys Mr Pink. I find a relatively small amount gives a great slick foam and we've got pretty hard water where I live too.

Soldato
What would you guys recommend for a quick seal and shine spray?

I saw the AutoGlym Ceramic Spray and the Megs stuff pop up on YouTube yesterday. The Megs is closer to a rapid detailer but the AutoGlym stuff performs better in all the tests. Its just to once over the Ibiza as the paint is very "dry" having never been cared for.

Any other options? Not looking to overdo it.

Soldato

Thank you for the recommendation. Will consider it after some research on the product!

I personally like Chemical Guys Mr Pink. I find a relatively small amount gives a great slick foam and we've got pretty hard water where I live too.

This looks good stuff and I also have hard water where I live. I was looking at Auto Brite - Purple Velvet originally. I will ponder over a few but Chemical Guy's seems to tick all the boxes.

What would you guys recommend for a quick seal and shine spray?

I saw the AutoGlym Ceramic Spray and the Megs stuff pop up on YouTube yesterday. The Megs is closer to a rapid detailer but the AutoGlym stuff performs better in all the tests. Its just to once over the Ibiza as the paint is very "dry" having never been cared for.

Any other options? Not looking to overdo it.

Car Plan - Super Gloss
£6 from B&M / Wilko's etc

I used this product for months, it completely replaced the more expensive spray waxes/sealants for me since it enhanced gloss, provided good water beading and left the paint feeling smooth and slick reassuring me it was protected. Because it was so cheap I would just mist on a wet car after washing and dry as normal which I found gave best results and this meant I would top up whenever I washed the car.

This video could be of interest to you

After watching this video I ordered a bottle of Gyeon Wet Coat and have since bought Sonax Spray + Seal (Both feature within the video) I'm not too familiar with these products just yet so will report back at a later date my opinion of them but in the meantime Forensics Detailing covers them in far more depth than I ever could.

Soldato
<snip>
Car Plan - Super Gloss
£6 from B&M / Wilko's etc

I used this product for months, it completely replaced the more expensive spray waxes/sealants for me since it enhanced gloss, provided good water beading and left the paint feeling smooth and slick reassuring me it was protected. Because it was so cheap I would just mist on a wet car after washing and dry as normal which I found gave best results and this meant I would top up whenever I washed the car.

This video could be of interest to you

After watching this video I ordered a bottle of Gyeon Wet Coat and have since bought Sonax Spray + Seal (Both feature within the video) I'm not too familiar with these products just yet so will report back at a later date my opinion of them but in the meantime Forensics Detailing covers them in far more depth than I ever could.
I didn't spot the full video but did watch the one that ShiWarrior linked below. I ended up going for the Megs Rapid Detailer to get rid of the muck since I washed on Saturday (nothing really the car has barely moved) and the AutoGlym Ceramic spray. Not sure how that benchmarks against the bigger video you linked but I'll give it a watch! Thanks.

As above, gave this a watch and ended up on the AutoGlym stuff. The Megs stuff is more to bring out past protection of which this car has none, but the AutoGlym stuff doesn't work as a rapid detailer. Ended up getting some Rapid Detailer for a quick wipe over and then the AutoGlym Ceramic to seal.

Thanks (y)

Soldato
I had already done a wash on Saturday - so the Rapid Detailer (or Megs equivalent, I forget the name but it is half the price - comes with their clay kit) was just to get anything that had settled since Saturday.

Associate
sorry, but im confused here, are you relating someone's post or ?
Looking at the various products to wash your car properly add up to quite an expense so I am assuming you wouldn't want to risk your paintwork by using additive in your screen wash. I am assuming everyone uses plain water in their screenwash container or is there a better alternative to the blue stuff garages sell that supposedly stops it freezing in cold weather

Soldato
Looking at the various products to wash your car properly add up to quite an expense so I am assuming you wouldn't want to risk your paintwork by using additive in your screen wash. I am assuming everyone uses plain water in their screenwash container or is there a better alternative to the blue stuff garages sell that supposedly stops it freezing in cold weather
Never use plain water it guys reeeeet manky.

Soldato
I haven't been blown away by many car cleaning products but for value this Simoniz 2 in 1 is amazing.

Car hasn't been cleaned for a couple of weeks and although not filthy was covered in the usually muck.

Initially I wasn't too impressed with the snow foam coverage but I followed the instruction mixing it 1 part shampoo and 9 parts water. Let it sit for 5 minutes and power off.

Sorry I didn't get any before but this is the results by just using these 2 products costing a total of £7 and around 20 minutes of my time.

wxizLDy.jpg
terdVES.jpg
f0mahXT.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom