The Cloverfield Paradox (third Cloverfield film) launches on Netflix: NOW LIVE

Caporegime
Holy crap balls, this dropped after the Super bowl......

We already told you that Paramount/Bad Robot’s Cloverfield sequel was getting acquired by Netflix, and that a Super Bowl spot is expected to air during the Big Game, however, we’re now hearing that the J.J. Abrams produced movie will be available to stream immediately following the end of the Big Game. A TV spot for the film is scheduled to drop around the end of the first quarter and inform fans about the pic’s availability tonight.

This is a groundbreaking, unprecedented move by a studio in its use of P&A: Netflix is literally promoting a movie before TV’s biggest audience of the year (last year’s Super Bowl drew an average of 111.3M) and then promptly releasing it after the game. Today will be the first time we’ve seen any footage or images from the movie.

No other streaming service has ever pulled off this type of stunt, nor released a movie with such immediacy. Millennial audiences love surprises and this type of marketing maneuver is right up their alley. For many months the film went by the title God Particle.

http://deadline.com/2018/02/cloverf...trailer-netflix-streaming-release-1202276386/

This unique distribution plan for the next Cloverfield completely jibes with the brand’s spirit for surprise. Cloverfield pics are traditionally shrouded in secrecy with non-traditional marketing campaigns. This Cloverfield sequel cost around an estimated $45M, and we hear that the Netflix deal makes the film immediately profitable.

Cannot wait until tonight.

Soldato
Finally Netflix have done what they've wanted too for years, give you a trailer and bang it's online now for you to watch, No wonder the marketing has been kept quiet on this.

Caporegime
Finally Netflix have done what they've wanted too for years, give you a trailer and bang it's online now for you to watch, No wonder the marketing has been kept quiet on this.
So much this. Watching a trailer, getting hyped and then being to watch straight away is amazing. I would definitely watch more movies that way. I find if the gap between trailer and release is a week or more, my anticipation dies down quite drastically.

I’m amazed how Netflix tried to keep it so quiet though?

Man of Honour
And long may it continue. Netflix is really pushing films and mason has so many great original series.
Can't wait to see what these services become in a few years time. I pray they put more and more money into unproven content.unlike Hollywood current fascination with only producing known content.as for this film, I'll watch it. But the first two where just acceptable time wasters.

Caporegime
I agreee with x-st though, the second was poor compared to the first. Best thing about the second was the performance from Goodman.

A lot of the recent Netflix and amazon stuff has far exceeded Hollywood’s latest offerings imo. Won’t be too long before we see these two up for the top oscars imo. One of the ones I watched a few months ago was Siege of Jadotville. That was simply superb and would have been a great watch in the cinema. I would say I enjoyed it more then Dunkirk.

Caporegime
I thought the second one was good. You weren't even sure it was a Cloverfield movie until the last 10-15 minutes.

It's the only movie that I've ever gone to the cinema on my own to watch.

Weirdly, I was just reading some reactions and this particular movie got a bit of a drubbing from the critics.

Caporegime
OP
I thought the second one was good. You weren't even sure it was a Cloverfield movie until the last 10-15 minutes.

It's the only movie that I've ever gone to the cinema on my own to watch.

Weirdly, I was just reading some reactions and this particular movie got a bit of a drubbing from the critics.

Who cares what critics think.

Caporegime
Me?

I buy Empire magazine every month, I listen to the Empire podcast where you have 3+ critics from the magazine giving their opinions on the weeks reviews, and often they don't agree with each other or even the official magazine review rating.

I listen to the Kermode and Mayo podcast as well every week.

You get to know if their tastes align with yours and their feedback can help you make an informed decision about what to watch - Which isn't to say you blindly follow them as everyone has individual tastes.

I have a limitless card, so I can see whatever I want at the cinema but I prefer to avoid crap movies where possible.

Man of Honour
Paramount opted for no cinema release. I don't even have any Netflix adverts telling me about it. Straight to TV. This isn't looking good.

Edit: Rotten Tomatoes viewer rating of 64% but... Critic rating of 8%. Ouch!

Caporegime
What a pile of ****

WTF exactly was the point of this movie? It tells you nothing about the monster from the first one and you only get to see the damn thing at the end and its so big its above the clouds, the only other shot of it is in shadow form obscured heavily by dust. Tell me again where exactly in the first movie it was mentioned that the planet was on the brink of world war 3 and there was a massive global energy crisis? Oh wait, it didn't, its just some bull**** they shoehorned into this at some pathetic attempt at a plot.

You wouldn't even call this a sequel its basically some vague offshoot off the first movie taking place on a space station at the same time that "Clover" is rampaging around, even saying this is set at the same time seems a bit weird considering the tech they have on the space station is clearly very advanced in stark contrast to the tech on Earth in the first movie being very modern day at best.

Apparently doing a proper sequel is beyond them and they just have make movies based on the same period of time taken from different perspectives, which for the most part ignore what people want to see....that being the big monster which apparently the tards at Hollywood are oblivious to.

Caporegime
Critics reviews are completely meaningless. They probably just didn't get paid enough...

Will watch this tonight, thanks for the heads up. I enjoyed the second one.

Back
Top Bottom