The Cloverfield Paradox (third Cloverfield film) launches on Netflix: NOW LIVE

Man of Honour
So, this is an anthology series then with no direct links, I'm guessing.
Although the whole paradox speech by the talking head author does mean they could just put it all down to some sort of 'dimensional mixing', which would allow then to tie up any number of loose and/or unrelated movies.

I think that is the direction they are going with - where some kind of incident like the particle accelerator malfunction (probably that event linked over multiple realities) unleashes something across multiple dimensions and the one(s) we are seeing in this one aren't necessarily the same as the other movies or our own.

Soldato
That wasn't nearly as bad the critics said, but then I tend to make my own mid up rather than let some pretentious ********* tell me what I should be watching. OK, it wasn't the best thing but it was a pretty enjoyable new chapter in the Cloverfield series. I had just one major disappointment with it.

Why the hell didn't Mundy suggest they turn it off and on again the first time the accelerator failed?

Oh, and it had Zhang Ziyi so it could be the worst movie ever and I'd still sit through it.

Associate
Not as good as the first two, but very welcome as a Monday Night film, included in my netflix subscription. Not sure I would have enjoyed it as much with hype, and additional expense of cinema etc... but for a "wow it's out, I can watch it now at home" to seeing it through I'm very happy.

Caporegime
OP
What a pile of ****

WTF exactly was the point of this movie? It tells you nothing about the monster from the first one and you only get to see the damn thing at the end and its so big its above the clouds, the only other shot of it is in shadow form obscured heavily by dust. Tell me again where exactly in the first movie it was mentioned that the planet was on the brink of world war 3 and there was a massive global energy crisis? Oh wait, it didn't, its just some bull**** they shoehorned into this at some pathetic attempt at a plot.

You wouldn't even call this a sequel its basically some vague offshoot off the first movie taking place on a space station at the same time that "Clover" is rampaging around, even saying this is set at the same time seems a bit weird considering the tech they have on the space station is clearly very advanced in stark contrast to the tech on Earth in the first movie being very modern day at best.

Apparently doing a proper sequel is beyond them and they just have make movies based on the same period of time taken from different perspectives, which for the most part ignore what people want to see....that being the big monster which apparently the tards at Hollywood are oblivious to.

Lol, did you sleep through the whole movie? Or were you on your phone the entire time?

So, this is an anthology series then with no direct links, I'm guessing.
Although the whole paradox speech by the talking head author does mean they could just put it all down to some sort of 'dimensional mixing', which would allow then to tie up any number of loose and/or unrelated movies.

that talking head is the brother of Howard from 10 Cloverfield Lane

Soldato
Watched it last night and I enjoyed it, after watching I was left with questions but I didn't feel like it was a waste of a hour and half. The sound design was great throughout.

Roll on Cloverfield 4.

Soldato
I think "pants" is the best descriptor I have for it. High production value with a good cast intersect with unnecessary comedy, poor story, characters and obvious
throwaway ending. Surprised it was green-lit in that state.

Man of Honour
I'm currently half way through it, having watched it on the train this morning. It's better than I thought so far. But that could be because I was expecting something dire. I'm glad I didn't pay for it though (obviously I pay for Netflix but you know what I mean ).

Caporegime
OP

An interesting observation.

There's also another one as well.

I think this is genius if it's all correct, and I am a firm believer in the alternate universes all being linked and this is indeed an origin film done in a very clever way.

I just think people expect to know everything and then get disappointed or don't think about events that aren't laid out in front of them (see critics as well) so it gets a lot of push back. I also think it's one of things you can't see if you stand too close as it were figuratively speaking.

Associate
I think that I'm going to watch this and I'm going to hate myself for doing it, just like with Beyond Skyline (which I abandoned halfway through).

Man of Honour
I watched the second half. It was a bit iffy in places. But the actual idea of it, and how it was the trigger for the other films, was good.

Associate
I quite enjoyed it. Some cool scenes. The first Cloverfield is still streets ahead. The second one was brilliant up until a point. This sits somewhere in the middle for me.
I've just been down the lost/Cloverfield linked rabbit hole.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom