The Cloverfield Paradox (third Cloverfield film) launches on Netflix: NOW LIVE

Caporegime
Meh it’s not bad in all honesty, I haven’t watched cloverfield 2 yet...on my list to watch at some point.

It’s not something I’d watch again but it was much better than that bright movie with will smith. That was beyond terrible.

Man of Honour
Meh it’s not bad in all honesty, I haven’t watched cloverfield 2 yet...on my list to watch at some point.

It’s not something I’d watch again but it was much better than that bright movie with will smith. That was beyond terrible.

I wouldn't say it was bad bad - but its definitely more something along the lines of Alien 4 where its bad but in a kind of watchable way at least on the first viewing.

Soldato
Its like they brainstormed a load of ideas and glued them together..

Lets call it clover field! Ow wait it does not really fit in with either film... OK lob in a random big monster at the end and get some dood to rant about monsters at the beginning job done

Caporegime
I'm not a fan of films set on a space station, it seems it very rarily makes for a good film.

I wouldn't sat the films are really connected other than for the sake of it like a nod to each other...
probably why they don't share the same name.

Soldato
That's not a great score though is it? You arent far off the critics.

6.5 is a decent enough score in my book.

I reserve 7 and above for really good films.

5 - average
6 - decent
7 - good
8 - great

Not many films I'd rank as a 9 and none as a 10.

People get carried away with hype giving everything 10/10 these days.

Cloverfield paradox is a decent little film but with its fair share of flaws.

Last edited:
Soldato
I enjoyed this, a 6/10 for me (I have a soft spot for these types of films though) but could/should have been far better. The forced cloverfield angle was obvious and I didn't care for Donal Logue's interview early on that basically gives them licence to stick a cloverfield sticker on everything.

Soldato
This was ok, a solid 6/10 film.

One of those that if you spent £15 going to the cinema to see you would be rather meh but at home for free it's an easy watch and respectable effort.

Soldato
I watched it the other night and wasn't impressed. Interesting enough as far as furthering the story but as a film I found it a bit lacking.

Made me go and watch the first one though, I like that one, and the second one is good too.

Would have been better if the entire IT crowd cast was on the space station

Agreed :) The bit where his hand was sat drumming its fingers got a laugh out of me.

Soldato
did any one else watch the whole movie waiting for chris o'dowd to go "have you tried turning it off and on again"

No, nobody thought of that one. ;)

That wasn't nearly as bad the critics said, but then I tend to make my own mid up rather than let some pretentious ********* tell me what I should be watching. OK, it wasn't the best thing but it was a pretty enjoyable new chapter in the Cloverfield series. I had just one major disappointment with it.

Why the hell didn't Mundy suggest they turn it off and on again the first time the accelerator failed?

Back
Top Bottom