1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Conservative Party: Where do we go from here?

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by Gigabit, Jun 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris Wilson

Mobster

I've noticed, hence that one stood out ;) Your carelessness needs reining in <LOL>

2. JeditOjanen

Soldato

You'd have to give her even more dosh, considering she's gay.

3. do_ron_ron

Capodecina

And has a partner she is about to marry.

4. Chris Wilson

Mobster

Not that long ago I'd have been surprised, is it chemicals in the water or what these days? :)

5. PlacidCasual

Soldato

She could be a Lord and be PM, I think a Douglas Holme was the last Lord PM in the 50s.

6. D.P.

Caporegime

No, homophobic bigots are no longer tolerated in modern society.

7. b0redj0rd

Hitman

David Davis perhaps. He's been pretty decent on TV over the last 12 months.

8. jeff83nz

Gangster

Already tried once, ran against Cameron. Also when this Brexit stuff starts getting nasty which it will do, people will be throwing lots at him.

9. JeditOjanen

Soldato

Are you turning Liberal Democrat then, Chris?

@PlacidCasual - Alec Douglas-Home did indeed become PM while in the Lords, but he stepped down almost immediately to sit in the Commons because a safe seat was available. He did however set another applicable precedent in that he was for a short time PM while sitting in neither House. By that standard Davidson could become PM while only an MSP, with the expectation that she would take up the first safe Tory seat that opened.

10. Chris Wilson

Mobster

Funny you should say that, whilst disliking many of the policies of the ex leader Tim Fallon I have new found respect for him putting his principles above the leadership and him resigning. It appears to me homosexuals are no longer satisfied with their activities being made legal in fairly recent times, they now expect the rest of us to also fete and love them, laugh at their tawdry parades and accept its normalisation to our children by both open and nefarious means. Many of us merely tolerate them, rather than metaphorically embrace them. A lot of homosexual people are not happy with that and wish to force its normalisation upon us come what may, with gay marriage and suchlike, and various pressures being brought on elements of the Christian and other churches who have strong feelings against homosexuality.

11. ttaskmaster

Sgarrista

Since I don't believe there's actually any requirement to be of British birth or anything - Can we not get Obama in to do the job?
    He's certainly more entertaining in his speeches and pretty well-liked, by all accounts. Whatever else he does or is, it's gotta be better than what we're currently looking at!!

12. stewski

Mobster

Did anyone hear Michael Gove Dianne Abbott on Radio 4 PM with Eddie Meyer yesterday. Now Michael Gove Dianne Abbott is political marmite but wow he she was so much more accomplished and competent sounding than any other politician I've heard in a long while and made the shadow cabinet sound frankly amateur. I just can't see Labour the Tories beat the Conservatives Labour their spokespeople aren't good enough. Fallon, Hammond and May Starmer, McDonnell and Corbyn are head and shoulders more competent sounding than anything Labour the Tories will put forward.

-

Main question, does such a post have any place on a (either) thread of this nature or if you are just here to bomb the oppositions should the mods move you along?

13. PlacidCasual

Soldato

I've certainly yanked your chain somehow, is this gonna be like in the movies where we start out fighting each other and fall in love in time for the credits?

14. stewski

Mobster

Not likely I'd say, no.

Still to be fair to you, that post was just one in a list so long it almost was the thread.

I'd say the question remains on both threads, are they essentially threads for drive by nonsense by those who simply want to detract from a party or are they a discussion thread about critical yet constructive conversation on the future of their parties?

15. Sankari

Caporegime

Dolph in sensible comment shocker! :eek:

I agree with all of this. May needs get the ball rolling, then step down for someone like Mercer.

16. Sankari

Caporegime

Every now and then, I wonder what life was like in the 17th century.

Then Chris Wilson posts, and it all becomes clear.

17. Darujhistan

Mobster

To the bottom of the sea would seem to be optimal.

18. stewski

Mobster

Not to chime in with only negatives and despite Dolph offering sanity elsewhere.

Saying Amber Rudd had a good campaign is akin to me saying Diane Abbott had a good campaign, no she didn't and hidden in the shadows is your wisest choice with that one.

19. Terminal_Boy

Sgarrista

How are the DUP's values any more at odds with modern values than those of radical Islam, which we are forced to tolerate on pain of arrest and jail?

20. stewski

Mobster

Is there going to be a coalition of chaos with "wahhabism" now, or did you just read something about Jihadi Jezza in a tabloid and mistakenly apply that to reality?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.