1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Conservative Party: Where do we go from here?

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by Gigabit, Jun 10, 2017.

1. Scania

Suspended

Quite.

2. Greebo

Caporegime

No doubt he will throw his hat in but there are a lot of normal tory MPs who can see Boris for what he is thank god. Unless it suits them to have an idiot at the helm putting through some toxic policy

3. Cern

Mobster

Yep, it's definitely a calculated act, or at very least a deliberate exaggeration of his eccentricities for public effect. He's certainly a schemer and definitely not an idiot. But he is a pseud :)

4. robgmun

Capodecina

I'd take Boris over Corbyn any day of the week and twice on Sundays. He did a pretty good job as London Mayor with what he had and Corbyn is 100 times worse than Brown would be in running the country into a ditch.

5. Greebo

Caporegime

Boris was crap as London Mayor. It just served a purpose for him to move up the ladder

6. Scania

Suspended

I’m not up on Tory party leadership policy but I’m presuming MP’s vote for the leader rather than party members? (which got Corbyn in despite the majority of Labour MP’s not wanting him iirc)

7. Scania

Suspended

I’d have to disagree there, he was surprisingly good - and popular - you don’t get elected twice in a predominantly Labour city to be a Tory mayor by being crap.

8. Dolph

Man of Honour

MPs do an initial series of votes to reduce the contenders down to two candidates. Those two candidates are then put to the wider membership for the final vote.

It ensures at least some form of popularity with the parliamentary party.

9. Dolph

Man of Honour

He was certainly better than livingstone, and better than Khan is turning out to be.

I would not want to see him as pm or party leader though. He's shifted his position since he was mayor, whether to more of his true position, or to build support within the party itself after his last leadership attempt, but the reasons don't matter. He is not what this country or indeed the tory party need at this point in time.

10. Scania

Suspended

Couldn’t agree more.

11. ColdAsIce

Mobster

12. JeditOjanen

Mobster

Even if everything you said of Corbyn was true - which it isn't - Johnson has committed every sin of which Corbyn is accused ten times over and still has some left over that are all his own. Take that away, and your argument is essentially that you don't like Corbyn because he's left wing and had sex with a black woman. Damning indeed, but not of Corbyn.

13. Dolph

Man of Honour

You do post some utter rubbish.. What colour is the sky on planet irrational lunatic again?

14. Tony Edwards

Wise Guy

No surprise to me that you have picked a racist useless Tory MP mayor over a muslim Labour MP. Double whammy for you there. Your bias against islam and Labour is astounding. Boris was a useless mayor even if you just take the money he wasted on vanity projects that just ended up lining the pockets of his friends.
    As do you pretending that Boris has change since he left as mayor what a joke of an inaccuracy. He was the same useless racist bigoted man then as he is now.

15. Scania

Suspended

lol

And just which terrorist wreath laying ceremonies has Johnson attended ten times over? To pick one well documented Corbyn sin.

I don’t like Corbyn because he’s an idiot, an embarrassment to the Labour Party - and movement - and the colour of his ex girlfriend has nothing to do with her being an abhorrent excuse for a human being never mind an M.P.

I have a great deal of respect for Shami Chakrabarti for example,along with Naz Shah (For getting rid of the idiot Galloway) which I suggest undermines your argument somewhat.

To reiterate, I don’t like Johnson.

16. Dolph

Man of Honour

Do you live on irrational lunatic with jedi?

Boris was a successful administrator of London, delivering well on his manifesto pledges.

https://fullfact.org/news/has-boris-johnson-kept-9-out-10-manifesto-promises/

Khan, on the flip side, has presided over a massive increase in crime during his time as mayor.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/cri...as-murder-rate-hits-record-high-a4016066.html

And his wider record is hardly better.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sp...sy-london-mayor-why-hasnt-anyone-noticed/amp/

I dont judge khan's ethnicity or religion, I judge his results. I'd be criticising him just as strongly regardless.

17. chrcoluk

Mobster

liz truss as next tory leader?

18. VincentHanna

Capodecina

She's a moron.

19. Tony Edwards

Wise Guy

You are a massive hypocric you really are.

20. Dolph

Man of Honour

I find your reasoned argument and evidence highly compelling...