1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Conservative Party: Where do we go from here?

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by Gigabit, Jun 10, 2017.

1. Faustus

Soldato

Fortunate I’ve never voted Tory then.

2. Faustus

Soldato

I’d agree just so long as they aren’t replaced with a Corbyn government.

3. stockhausen

Capodecina

Find some different (rational) mates then.

4. doodah

Capodecina

5. Tony Edwards

Wise Guy

That ship sailed long ago, its just some still wont accept it.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/mar/24/sadiq-khan-challenges-theresa-may-tory-islamophobia

Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
  6. Dolph

Man of Honour

Do I need to post repeat links?

The Tories clearly have a problem with islamophobia, it may well be institutional. There is no evidence yet that the leadership are interfering in the process, although it can't be ruled out.

It probably is worth noting I am not a tory supporter...

7. doodah

Capodecina

You repeat Corbyn a lot in your posts, always bringing it back round to him so why would you repeating this be such an issue? That was the question as you seem to suggest it isn't, to be fair news of all of this is still trickling through. I just would at the very least expect the party in actual power to be called out by you in a similar fashion to Labour rather than reactively as you seem to treat the Tories.

8. Greebo

Caporegime

Meh thats nothing Dr Fox said on radio 4 this morning that the Tories had dealt with these racists in an appropriate manor unlike the the despicable and pathetic way Labour deal with their racism. I am starting to be convinced Dr Fox=Dolph

9. doodah

Capodecina

Corbyn's action or inaction speaks volumes but does reinstating after removing them from the party count as appropriate?

10. Faustus

Soldato

For what it's worth I believe the country at large have the same problem.

However, given the behaviour of some of their flock both in this country and abroad plus the way they view the west this is absolutely understandable.

11. VincentHanna

Capodecina

50 innocent muslims were killed in New Zealand and yet Islamaphobic hate crime rose by 593% in the UK after that horrific attack.

work that one out...

12. Greebo

Caporegime

A bit like Brexit, it suddenly makes people feel they can voice their opinion now whereas before they kept their views to themselves. It amazed me how many people, from the UK, posted positive and encouraging comments of that guys facebook page and on social media suggest we need to do something similar here.

13. Dolph

Man of Honour

It also makes people more likely to report things, so there is likely to be an element of both at play.

14. Greebo

Caporegime

There will be some of that but I was shocked at how many people in the UK were cheering the guy on in NZ and supporting what he did. That will certainly have increased the numbers being reported, more so than people just being more likely to report them.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
  15. VincentHanna

Capodecina

You only have to look at the two GD threads that were closed to see that some people who use OCUK didn't seem too bothered by it, watching the full video of him killing all those people and comparing it to a violent movie for instance.

16. SPG

Soldato

People do not like Islam, and deep down they distrust it maybe ?

17. JeditOjanen

Mobster

It's a pity he was taken alive. The biggest thing stopping those people wanting to star in Gammon Wick 3: Parabrexit has been the thought that they might get hurt.

18. robgmun

Capodecina

In the same fashion were several people always refuse to condem and excuse islamic terroism everytime theirs an attack.

19. Greebo

Caporegime

Agreed and some posters seemed to actually want to watch it as though they would enjoy it.

20. Greebo

Caporegime

White extremists more of ten than not tend to be taken alive. Islamic extremists end up dead as in general that is what they want. The guy in NZ honestly believes that in 20 years he will be free and hailed in the same light as Nelson Mandela and worshipped as a hero of the fight against Muslims.