1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Conservative Party: Where do we go from here?

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by Gigabit, Jun 10, 2017.

1. SPG

Soldato

Because its already exists maybe.... You also make a big assumption that all of a sudden everyone will be smoking a fatty batty everyday for breakfast,lunch and dinner + a good old couple of straws of uncle Micks special powder before any social activity.

So all the extra money can fund the current crisis along with the new users that all of sudden are going to be created. Sorry but people who are doing this stuff are already doing it.... SHOCK HORROR i know. So the state might as well make some money from it instead of some dodgy bloke and his mates in a council flat in NW London, Yes the current dealers will still undercut the state, its not going to go away. But their could well be less of them, and cleaner less strength stuff.

Its a no brainier tbh anyone with a ounce of common sense can see it.

2. FishFluff

Mobster

I guarantee you that anyone who wants to take drugs currently already has access to them. There isn't some vast untapped potential customer base thinking "I'd proper like to try some heroin, if only it were legal". The only difference is that the government would be taking a cut of the drugs trade instead of criminals. That's money that should be used on educating the huge number of drug users about harm prevention, like we do with alcohol.

3. Uther

Sgarrista

Gove might have survived the coke use, but it's the hypocrisy angle that will kill his leadership bid. Not sure why Boris is getting a free pass though.

4. StriderX

Capodecina

Cause he's a buffoon and always played that part, so it's naturally gone right over everyone's head that he's just as terrible as the rest of them.

5. do_ron_ron

Sgarrista

What we are seeing as time goes on is people using super strength versions of the same drugs and the opioid epidemic in the US which is starting to break into the UK market. People are migrating to harder versions as the lighter versions do not give the same buzz.

6. cheesyboy

Capodecina

That's a bang for your buck, and risk/reward, issue. Like the way hard liquors were a major part of the market under prohibition in the US, but beer simply wasn't.

7. Meridian

Man of Honour

No, it isn't (unless you are being sarcastic). Every time someone dies from taking drugs this is the first excuse given, but in the majority of cases it is not true. There have been a small number of cases of genuine contamination, but it's hard to find things more dangerous than the drugs themselves to cut them with. Not to mention the fact that dealers want their customers to come back and buy more - offing them is bad business. The majority of drug deaths are down to taking drugs. This covers things like unknown dosages, being stupid, etc.

8. Meridian

Man of Honour

This is deeply questionable as well. There's plenty of evidence of people chasing legal highs. That is, once a previously legal drug gets added to the MDA, they move to the next legal one. When that is banned, they move again, Otherwise it's hard to explain why anyone took (for example) piperazines: the high were universally regarded as terrible. But while they were legal, they were popular. As soon as they were banned, they pretty much disappeared. Ditto the beta-ketones (MCAT and the related compounds). Of course the change in the law to banning anything psychotropic will alter this.

9. Uther

Sgarrista

Isn't it amazing that a thread about the Conservative party, that bastion of law and order, is now mainly about the widespread highly illegal hard drug abuse of its wannabe new leaders.
    We certainly live in interesting times.

10. The_Abyss

Capodecina

Any evidence for that? I deal with the national media on a reasonably regular basis and haven't seen it.

They do like a drink and hospitality though.

11. FishFluff

Mobster

What a great move that turned out to be. Now you have dealers selling previously legal highs alongside their more traditional offerings

12. b0rn2sk8

Mobster

A bit of a stretch, Gove was 20 years ago, Stewart was once at a party in a foreign country where he was the guests of the people offering him it. I'm by no means defining drug use (especially class A) but the comments in this discussion topic as it relates to these particular people are getting a bit out of hand.

13. One More Solo

Capodecina

When your outrage benchmark is drinking a premixed mojito on a train then I think they’re about par for the course.

14. Freakbro

Capodecina

15. gettothechopper

Mobster

Ridiculous

16. chroniclard

Capodecina

Yay tax cuts for those that absolutely don't need it by wasting much needed Brexit funds.

17. 413x

Capodecina

18. Azza

Caporegime

Boris targeting near enough all the conservative membership.

19. Mr Badger

Soldato

Unfortunately the question isn't "What is the best and fairest tax system and useage of the money collected?". Rather it is more along the lines of "In light of the leadership contest what tax message will play well with Tory party members?".

20. Screeeech

Mobster

Rofl!

I just saw this on the news..

Hilarious isn’t it, at a time where we’re looking for real talent and a strong leader to find a way through, what do we get? Here everyone!! Have some money!!...

I laugh when I hear people claiming how clever, smart and brilliant Boris is..

He’s just a well educated idiot.