1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Conservative Party: Where do we go from here?

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by Gigabit, Jun 10, 2017.

1. Mr Jack

Capodecina

Boris?

2. garnett

Mobster

Notwithstanding that the question isn't concerned with how likely the outcome is, just whether it was worth it to deliver Brexit, I can't see where it indicates what you say.

3. Quartz

Soldato

As I said, relatively.

4. Quartz

Soldato

We voted to remain in the Union in 2014. There is no appetite for independence save in Sturgeon's mind - and she's on her way out.

5. StriderX

Capodecina

Yes there is under a no deal brexit Scotland intends to vote broadly similarly to the EU ref in respect of leaving, all polls point towards the SNP gaining every seat back bar 1 (edinburgh) Labour and a few Lib dem seats (Highlands and Islands mainly), so there's that as well.

I'll broadly be happy getting rid of the utter **** from Aberdeen South very much.

This poll has totally destroyed the Tories facade in Scotland, Ruth is losing what extraordinary amount of bias she's had.

6. Quartz

Soldato

Got a cite for that? One that isn't a poll sponsored by the SNP.

7. StriderX

Capodecina

8. Mr Jack

Capodecina

Did you look at the tables I linked earlier?

9. Quartz

Soldato

Yes, you did:

But we aren't going to get a no-deal Brext. There may be no deal with the EU, but there are plenty of other deals in place.

10. FoxEye

Capodecina

Eh? Isn't that what a "no-deal Brexit" is?

11. Quartz

Soldato

People seem to be taking it to mean 'no deal with anyone'.

12. Stretch

Capodecina

13. Quartz

Soldato

Scroll down. USA, NZ, and Oz are all set.

14. Stretch

Capodecina

Those aren't trade deals and the EU already has these agreements with said countries.

We've still only replaced 25% of the deals we already have, in three years ...

And that's the low hanging fruit.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
  15. do_ron_ron

Sgarrista

Only in your mind. As the good Prof Curtice said, in Scotland there is only one party and its support is holding up. It will regain MPs lost last time. Far from on her way out all indications are that Brexit will strengthen her party.

16. chrcoluk

Mobster

Funny they see splitting up the UK and wrecking the economy as preferable to have corbyn as PM, high taxes is the fear.

17. chrcoluk

Mobster

You hit the nail on the head, lack of secure affordable housing is probably the biggest issue facing the poor, and this party dont even consider it a major problem. The problem is tho the fix for housing is in direct conflict with what many have a vested interest in, which is property.

18. garnett

Mobster

Ah, no. I hadn't. I have just looked though, and still can't see it. (In terms of likelihood, the only outcome considered seems to have been damage to the Conservative Party)

Not that it matters overly. To my mind, the question they were asked negates how likely any outcome was thought to be.

19. robgmun

Capodecina

That and ******* money up the wall with nothing to show for it. That only thing Labour can be trusted with is the NHS.

20. chroniclard

Capodecina

I agree, Tories have peed money up the wall for several years now with only a disintegrating and divided country to show for it.