1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Conservative Party: Where do we go from here?

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by Gigabit, Jun 10, 2017.

1. Trifid

Sgarrista

I didn't expect him to get through to the end, but I am disappointed that it was so soon and with less votes. Did they conspire against him for speaking awkward truths? We truly have entered a era where we would rather have people lie to us then tell the truth before their eyes.

2. thenewoc

Mobster

Not necessarily a bad thing as it is rather a poison chalice so perhaps his time will come in the future at the beginning of a full term.

3. StriderX

Capodecina

Hopefully he crosses the floor instead, that party is ******* dead.

4. Tony Edwards

Wise Guy

I hope I wont be proved wrong but the UK will not be another Venezuela under Corbyn for christ sake. More like Norway. ;)

Well unless the US does what it has done to Iran with its sanctions and demands of other countries.
    Yeash if it hadnt been for everyone agreeing with Nick, Brown/Labour would have regained power in 2010 and we would be in a much better position than we are now.
    Yet most polls until last week show Labour having the largest rating.

https://www.markpack.org.uk/155623/voting-intention-opinion-poll-scorecard/

5. do_ron_ron

Sgarrista

Only the headbangers left.

6. BowdonUK

Wise Guy

I'm not surprised. His performance was better than Emily Maitis in asking questions of the others though.

But he became too reactionary without a Brexit plan. I think quite a few Tories were annoyed at him and it was Gove that took him on, so its interesting that Gove got a big gain.

7. Uther

Sgarrista

This country is so screwed now. I would actually tell anyone who is able to start looking at other options elsewhere.This is going to be a terrible place to live for a lot of people.

8. singularity

Hitman

we need a head banger to do something,

9. Rroff

Man of Honour

Norway like can't possible work in this country - society almost culturally lacks a broad enough conscious and conscientiousness to make a success of it and we don't have the income per capita to make it work. Besides I'm not convinced with their backgrounds that is the objective of Corbyn or those behind him even if that is the desire of some in Labour.

10. gettothechopper

Mobster

Well that's reality rejected again on with the unicorns
    Nice to see labour still sat on the fence

11. efish

Wise Guy

It may come as a shock but the evidence is actually considerable in regard to peoples serious lack of objectivity in regard to poverty in the u k.
    Mass of research on how people read and the degree of bias confirmation here, particularly in regard to state benefit.

Comparison with other developed nation is something you may also want to research further. Objectively.

I don't mind opposing perspectives. I do mind being called irrational. If you're argument was objective you would not have to resort to this kind of nonsense. 'First world problems', comes across as patronizing rather than objective. Argument from greater authority and understanding although mysteriously the actual evidence to support the proposition is an attack on the opposing perspective.

That's not objectivity.

I wont cry though its a very "first world" debating problem.

Rather than basing you're judgements on home grown mind reading and standard right wing rhetoric of the irrational revolting peasantry who do not know how good they have it, you would find the actual evidence from psychology and sociology helpful here both in regard to comparison with other nations and in regard to conformation bias.

12. Tony Edwards

Wise Guy

This is the UK we are talking about not some backwards communist country that would allow a dictator to take over. And quite frankly that is the only way the apocalipse that you keep reporting will happen under Corbyn.

13. DarkHorizon472

Mobster

The challenge the UK has is the self destructive cult of the little englander revelling in their own exceptionalism. People not born in the UK are amazed when they see how prevalent it is and how it’s self belief is easily exploited.

14. Rroff

Man of Honour

Looks at current news...

15. do_ron_ron

Sgarrista

The very last thing we need is a headbanger. Unfortunately all the remaining contenders live in a fantasy world, they will find out in a month that they have inherited May's deal which will not change. The 'fun' will start thereafter.

16. singularity

Hitman

we need someone who will actually do something rather than faff about for three years. Personally I just get the feeling those left would just be more of the same, even Boris.

17. Mr Jack

Capodecina

Remember they're choosing someone to put to the members. Rory does much better with the general public than Tory Members. No point choosing someone to lose to Johnson.

18. singularity

Hitman

wow! Believing in yourself and your country is a bad thing now.

Its not a destructive cult, it's a way of life that has served us well thanks

19. VincentHanna

Capodecina

Get back our sovereignty from unelected EU conservative leaders

20. chroniclard

Capodecina

Served us well, inside the EU.