1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Conservative Party: Where do we go from here?

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by Gigabit, Jun 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robfosters

Caporegime

IT'S ALL GO AT CONFERENCE!

[​IMG]

2. b0rn2sk8

Mobster

:p:p:p

The spending and tax changes will get watered down if they get a majority I’m under no illusion there. Very similar to the Labours plans, they’ll get watered down if they get in.

3. robfosters

Caporegime

You mean a winning party won’t fully honour their manifesto?

I’m shocked!

4. Mr Badger

Soldato

Don't be deceived by their outwardly docile appearance. Allegedly they will be rioting in the streets if we don't Brexit on 31 October...

5. Screeeech

Mobster

Sajid Javid really is an appalling orator, he's about as inspiring as a bin bag full of turds.

6. robgmun

Capodecina

I have to be honest i feel the same about Cleverly, he's bloody awful and errs and hums throughout all his interviews. They need to stop putting him on

7. Rroff

Man of Honour

That is a kind of tribal way of looking at it - in the mixture of circumstances austerity measures were not without merit as an approach to the situation - it was a very high risk environment and emulating Germany for instance could have just as easily backfired as it could have been successful. Ultimately though it was based on a Lib Dem plan and the Tories have abandoned the second stage of it which would have seen a transition into spending - I'm not entirely sure if it is because the Tories are clueless, suits them ideology wise or more likely none of them wanted to take some actual responsibility in case things did crash while they had their hands on the wheel.

8. Azza

Caporegime

This is pretty spectacular even by her standards.

9. LOAM

Capodecina

I watched a bit on the BBC parliament channel when Esther McVey was on talking about a northern construction powerhouse and she had no clue what she was saying. She just scatter bombed random words like "3D visuals" "architecture" etc and then sat back and waited the awkward pause out till the applause light came on. I wanted to die.

10. Rroff

Man of Honour

Maybe getting mixed up with 3D printing (construction) techniques and 3D design - not very inspiring for a housing minister to be that out of touch.

11. StriderX

Capodecina

We've been making houses in 3D since houses existed, then again it's the same Minister who thought her work at the DWP (planned obsolescence of poor people), was good.

12. JeditOjanen

Mobster

Ah, the Conservative Party Conference, a popular destination for SAGA holidays and also for the annual UK Spot-the-Under-50s Championship.

13. BowdonUK

Mobster

Can anyone tell me why Gauke, Grieve, and a few other supposedly former members were at the conference?

I think Grieve was due to make a speech at a fringe meeting at the conference (and was going to be protested at by Brexit supporters).

14. Freakbro

Capodecina

:D

:D:D:D

15. NickK

Capodecina

So conservatives are funding conservative constituencies. Pity that people miss the loss of companies employing as the flip side.
    Spend vs income from trade.

Doesn’t seem logical to me..

16. StriderX

Capodecina

Because there are still One Nation idiots there.

17. Mr Jack

Capodecina

Removing the whip doesn't, on it's own, remove membership of the party. But, in any case, membership is not a requirement of entry for party conferences.

18. robgmun

Capodecina

They want the whip returned to them and are clawing at the Tory door begging to come up. Pathetic ***** and i hope they're permanently told to **** off

Last edited: Oct 1, 2019
  19. stockhausen

Capodecina

Write to your MP?

20. Stretch

Capodecina

They are just there to balanace out the chaos.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.