1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Conservative Party: Where do we go from here?

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by Gigabit, Jun 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Martini1991

Caporegime

I don't understand how she's got a platform.

2. dowie

Caporegime

Because people like @doodah keep on giving her publicity/getting outraged by the things she says... and that makes her very popular for newspapers, guest spots on TV shows etc...

Just look that the response to that tweet - "11.8k people are talking about this" and if you click on the comments it is people getting all frothy about it and in doing so they carry on helping to promote it and give it publicity.

3. Greebo

Caporegime

This. Katie only makes money if she is being talked about. Easiest way to do that is to say the most vile and horrible things possible. That is Katie Hopkins.

4. Rilot

Don

She is a ridiculous woman

5. Uther

Sgarrista

Seems to be working for her though.

6. a1ex2001

Capodecina

Doesn’t make it any less pathetic it’s such a shame everyone doesn’t Just ignore her she would soon become an irrelevance consigned to history.

7. One More Solo

Capodecina

It shows an amazing lack of self-awareness from the Tories that every policy they've announced to great fanfare and back slapping is just undoing their failings in government to date, culminating with Priti Patel pledging to end FoM. Would we be in this position if they had implemented the controls they already had, or had come anywhere near to their pledges (pledges I fundamentally disagree with FWIW) on net immigration numbers?

It'd be like my wife coming home one evening to find the kitchen a smouldering wreck and me pledging to buy a new one, before pausing for applause.

8. Tony Edwards

Mobster

But there is no way in hell they can get to those figures.

The only way it would be possible to get the net migration figure down to what they claimed is to run the ecomony down and make other countries not want our migrants..... Oh yeah.
    thats not the only thing you will be judged on davy.

9. Greebo

Caporegime

Anybody noticed that they are pledging to end FOM but on the other hand they have removed the target on reducing the number of people coming here?

So all gloss. The only result for those people who voted leave to reduce immigration to the low 10s of thousands as pledges by the Tories for the last 10 years and failed at doing, is that immigration is now going to increase but its mainly going to be from none EU countries

10. StriderX

Capodecina

Of course it is, she's a toady, a facade to make the right-wing party look "diverse", she stands there in the full knowledge that her party holds institutionalised racism at it's core, but it's fine because she makes contacts, money and paths into corrupt businesses. She's the definition of pulling the ladder up after she's got her's

It's much like all the people in Trumps Administration, power is addictive and some can't help themselves (Scaramucci admitted as much), no matter how bad it makes them look or indeed how potentially when it crumbles could destroy their image.

Oops, this was about Katie... i thought it was Priti... well my point stands.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2019
  11. jpaul

Sgarrista

Was Boris/hulks conference entrance song a future premonition "Teenage Wasteland" (aka)
    seems to have said nothing about the new deal and just re-iterated no checks at or near border & no compromise on union

12. JeditOjanen

Mobster

Because she's a racist bigot who has personally acted in a manner guaranteed to indirectly kill Muslims on several occasions.

13. StriderX

Capodecina

Still don't understand how Twitter allows her to spew **** after she pretty much said she wanted concentration camps for muslims...

14. stockhausen

Capodecina

I haven't been following this thread, I take it that this is a reference to the ex-Daily Mail "Journalist" Katie Hopkins rather than to Priti Patel.

There is an interesting commentary in the Independent on the Hopkin's views on race as expressed to the far-right American think-tank the David Horowitz Freedom Center HERE. You would think that David Horowitz would have learned something from history :rolleyes:

15. robgmun

Capodecina

**** me you're nuts!

Quick! Look under the bed! There may be a racist there! :D

16. StriderX

Capodecina

You're really defending Katie Hopkins?

Mhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

17. DarkHorizon472

Mobster

Possibly your far right leanings are showing again ?

18. JeditOjanen

Mobster

Hopkins has repeatedly referred to migrants as "feral humans" and "cockroaches", linked Ramadan fasting with suicide bombing, was involved in the attempt to hire a boat to sink refugee vessels, and called black South Africans "monkeys". But sure, I'm "nuts" for thinking she's a racist.

19. StriderX

Capodecina

Dolph, got a present for you, it's a doozy.

https://jewishnews.timesofisrael.co...-mogg-to-be-sacked-over-george-soros-comment/

In any other world this would literally be attacked massively by pretty much all right-wing publications simultaneously for weeks as someone being anti-Semitic for saying a Jewish person is connected to money in any regard if it was uttered by say Corbyn. But utter silence... why is this?

20. V F

Capodecina

Reading these last two pages makes me feel like 16 and back at school, what the hell...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.